SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ak20_gw

I Want to Move Out! Eviction or Break the lease?

ak20
17 years ago

Hello, this is my first post and I will appreciate your responses.

OK, here is my story. I seriously want to move out. My apt is horrible. The landlord is lazy and never be on time. I mean I needed to have couple things repaired so I called him and he said he would come next XXXday and never showed up. By the way, he hardly picks up the phone and even though I leave a message, he never calls me back so I usually insist on calling him and he gets angry for that. THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!

Anyway, my whole story is not only about this lazy landlord, it's just a part of it though. The bigger part of it is that my neighbor in the next building play their music loud. The next building is owned by a different landlord. I went there to talk with them and tried to explain about it, but the problem was they don't speak English. Only things they could say seemed to be "I don't care" and they kept shouting something at me in Spanish and never turned down the volume. Well, I called cops several times, but that didn't help much. They don't play music in the midnight, but I need to sleep at noon. The worst thing happened to me recently is that a person living upstairs got a new speaker and HE became noisy too. So my situation is now that I constantly hear background noise and I can no longer put up with this.

I told the landlord that I want to move out and he said he needs time to think about it and 2 weeks passed already.

How can I get out of this place?

If I break the lease, I have to pay the rent until he finds a new tenant. I want to avoid it.

So I am thinking to be evicted by the landlord. I'm ready to break some stuff in the building and not to pay the rent. All I need to wait is a 14days to Quit Notice. But am I still responsible for the remainder of the rent?

I am in MA.

Thanks

Comments (14)

Sponsored