SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annieu_gw

Lanlord inspection

annieu
17 years ago

My husband and I have moved into a very expensive (for this market) home. We pay 2200.00 a month and live next door to 2 members of the owners family. We now know that he lives with them as well. WE moved here August 15th and he informed us yesterday that it has been almost three months and he wants to do an inspection. WE made it clear ourselves and with our realtors that we wanted privacy and unwarranted inspections and visits would not be acceptable. We said if that were the case, we would not enter into a lease as we wanted our privacy guarded and respected. He assured us that the inspection clause was only put in, if they felt something bad was going on in the home. There isn't anything going on at all, again we live next door to him and his family. He also informed us, that they woudl want to do these periodically, just to make sure everything is ok.

I can't take inspections and my privacy continually. What are they allowed to do, and how often must we comply? I am prepared to retain an atty if necessary. The typical rental maket in Richond Indiana is about 750.00, so we are well above avg,and want the privacy and respect we deserve.

Any help on this?

Comments (2)

Sponsored