SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blucasetta

30 inch gas or DF range help -- depth & vent restrictions

BluCasetta
11 years ago

My husband and I bought a 1917 cottage; we love it and we love its character, but finding appliances is a bit of an issue because of size and other constraints. I love to cook and have always had good-to-great ranges/cooktops/ovens. But our little house means I have to be as concerned about the depth of the appliance and it doesn't allow for a true vent outside (we have an over-the-range microwave with a fan right now, and even if we switch to a vent it will not be a "true" vent) and it's a VERY small kitchen so every square inch counts. I would love your thoughts/opinions/advice/guidance and counsel since I am just stymied as to getting a 30-inch gas or dual-fuel range:

1) Because of the kitchen layout, it would be preferable to go with a range with a depth of about 25-27.5 inches, but can go up to about 28.5. A lot of the ranges I've had in the past appear to be 30 - 32 inches deep (including the handles).

2) The Bertazzoni, Ilve, Smeg, Capital Precision and Capital Culinarian 30 inch ranges appear to be less deep from the specs -- and appear to have back cavities so I can keep them flush to the wall after hook-ups. Has anyone had good luck or bad luck with these brands and product lines?

3) I looked at the BlueStar after the great reviews here, but am concerned about the safety and output of unsealed burners with just an over-the-range microwave fan.

4) Has anyone had experience with the 5-burner American Range Cuisine series? It is built for residential with sealed burners and has the look I like -- but (sigh) it is deeper than I really want.

I'm open to all options and don't have any dog in the hunt, so am looking for your help and advice... thank you so much for your help in advance...

Comments (9)