SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
woodysapsucker

microwave/convection and convection wall ovens

woodysapsucker
10 years ago

After talking to multiple appliance sales people, we've decided to go with 2 separate wall ovens stacked on top of each other rather than one unit with 2 ovens. We're told that in the long run the 2 separate units will be cheaper to service. So what we will have is a micro-convection oven on the top a shelf and then a full-sized convection oven on the bottom.

We are looking for 30" wide black wall ovens that are separate units. The two that we've found so far is a Jenn-Air (sorry I don't know the model) and the GE Advantium combined with a full-sized GE convection oven.

Looks-wise I like the Jenn-Air combination since the micro-convection oven (the top one) has a vent that drops down making the 2 units appear as one. Cooking-wise the Advantium seems to offer more speed cooking options.

I have the following questions.
1. Do you know of any other black wall ovens that could be used in this type of set up - microwave convection on the top and full-sized convection on the bottom.
2. Do you have any of these ovens? Do you like them and would you recommend them? Consumer Reports doesn't give very favorable reviews of the Jenn-Air repair record and was curious if you've had any problems.

Looking forward to your input.

Comments (14)