SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweetbabyjames5_gw

Bosch DW - standing water, funky smell

sweetbabyjames5
12 years ago

Hi everyone! I have the Bosch Integra 800 SHV68P03UC DW that was just installed in November 2011. When it arrived, there was THE SMELL that I've read about. I contacted Bosch who said to do the old vinegar wash. I am not sure it ever worked. That said, I have noticed that after every wash there is standing water at the bottom of my unit. It is murky and yellowish looking and I assume may be creating the odor? Is it normal to have standing water, and if so, how much?

I am certain that my DW is getting hot water. My dished come out beautifully. I use Cascade powder, Jet Dry, and some Lemi-Shine (hard, hard water where I live). I have looked under my sink to see if I have the high loop, but there are so many hoses under there, and I'm not sure which hose is the one I'm supposed to look at. :) We did a kitchen remodel, so a new garbage disposal was added, new faucet, etc.

Our plumber installed the DW. I am not convinced he's ever installed a Bosch before but he did read the instructions. So, I thought I should see what you experts think before I conatct him to come back or call Bosch to schedule service to address the standing water.

What do you think?

Comments (4)