SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommyofmany_gw

How many Walkthroughs can the landlord do?

mommyofmany
18 years ago

We moved into our rental in Spokane, WA this past april, our landlord knew we have four kids 6 and under, and they did a walkthrough a week or so ago to just check up on the place. I let them know it was an inconvenient time as we had not only just gotten back from being away on 2 weeks of vacation, but our vacuum broke a few days after we got back and there was construction going on for the main water lines that gave us intermitent water throughout the previouse week forcing us to only be able to wash before and after construction hours at times.

I appologized for the crumbs on the carpet and 5 loads of laundry needing to me folded on my bed, but other than that they had no complaints other than a csribble on the wall with pen, and told me to get a new vacuum as soon as I was able (my husband was out of town on businesss).

I just recieved a letter stating they are requiring us to have our carpets professionally cleaned within the next 5 days (it's labor day weekend, btw- no one is available to clean the carpet within this time) and they will do a few more walkthroughs, the first being the day after labor day. Our carpet is OLD and green, at that. It's not destroyed or stained- there was only crumbs because of the inability to vacuum. We are still living here! Our lease isnt even up until June of NEXT year!

How many walkthroughs are they allowed to do? And can they force us to pay to have our carpet professionally cleaned even though we are still living here and there isnt any damage ot it? This just really irritates me :-(

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH