SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veggieturnover

angry ignorant neighbors downstairs?

veggieturnover
12 years ago

My husband 3 year old daughter, and 8 month old have been living here for 9 months and the neighbors who have been living below us since before we moved in have not been able to adjust to our noise.

When I first realized the neighbors downstairs were possibly banging AT us, I made them apple turnovers and took them downstairs with my husband and daughter and apologized for the noise in hopes that if they indeed were banging at us they would be a little understanding and would also see that i had another baby on the way (very big belly of mine). The girl of the couple was polite and mentioned some of the noise bothered her fiancee, but told us not to worry about it at all, smiles and everything. But the banging soon started back up.

They bang our floors about every other day in the middle of the day or evening when my children are of course most active. They bang when my 8 month old is bouncing in his bouncer, or when my 3 year old daughter is dancing or if she just skirts around. Many times this has scared her.

I've complained to the office a total of 4 times about the banging but nothing has been done. I've gone down and knocked on their door to talk to them personally with an intention to try to be polite and even apologize, but the few times I have tried, no on has answered their door even when it had only been just minutes after they banged. I mean at times it just gets ridiculous, they would bang steady and consistently about 20 times. Like its become a side thought for them now.

I'm not quite sure what they want me to do? Do they want me to put weights on my daughters feet so that she cannot run around her own home? I feel like a horrible mom as it is yelling at her to stop running since it is in every toddler's nature to run around. So I try my best to get my daughter to tiptoe like a mouse. But this is not possible to do all day long. I don't understand the nerve of these people. It's been 9 months and I am surprised I have been able to turn my cheek for so long.

I must confess, they did it again at a very bad time for me today as I had just been up to *here* with the kids and chores when I was trying my best to cool down while trying to get the kitchen clean, and then I have to hear it from the people downstairs again... I could NOT resist any longer; I banged back very hard (for the FIRST time) twice which of course was retaliated with more banging from them.

It's offensive every single time no matter how much i try to ignore it. I have to lie to my daughter and tell her they are fixing something downstairs.

Comments (7)

Sponsored