SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veriria

Moving out of apartment to dad's house?

veriria
18 years ago

I am looking for help on my situation here, please read about it if you are so inclined :)

So here is my situation - my roommate (who was also my boyfriend) was not on the lease, he was just listed as an occupant, he had only moved in about three months prior to now. We had a fight of sorts, he's the kind of person that tries to freakin *change* you, know what I mean? Anyways that is the exact reason I moved away from my mom/family after I got my new job, so you might be able to imagine how pissed off I was.

Ok well the roommate is now gone, and I'm stuck with the lease until next march. Currently I know no one who needs a roommate. I *could* afford to keep the place until the year is up, money would be rather tight but if I could just keep my spending money in check, it can be done. I can also do a few things to generate extra money as well to supplement my regular income. The problem I have with keeping the apartment is my job. I am LITERALLY gone for half of the month - I work onboard Amtrak trains, and I travel to Austin, TX, every four days, and have four days off.

However, my father said I could move in with him right now - it would be an opportunity to save loads of money, as I'm sure he wouldn't charge me nearly as much as having an apartment would cost. He has a large house, and said I could basically take over the basement area.

Now the people who manage the property said they wouldn't charge me a termination of lease fee if they could find someone who would want to move into my apartment, as long as I kept on paying the monthly rent of course.

I guess it is just that if I had a regular job, I would most definately want to keep the apartment...But I am only going to be here half of the time - so which do you think is better? Keeping the apartment, or moving in with dad? Thanks so much for help in advance!

Comments (4)

Sponsored