SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frogster_gw

Help me Fix this Basement Wall Water Damage

frogster
11 years ago

All,

Below is the picture of my basement wall after we removed the wall of mirror and paneling. We have consulted with a structural engineer about the crack and are going to use a carbon solution of some kind or going to run rebar and grout into the cinder block.

On the water damage on the far end of the wall, this is what the contractor proposes: "The exterior pavers and concrete base along the wall will be removed 4 to 5 feet back along the entire 42 foot foundation wall. The fill along the entire length of the foundation wall will be excavated 5 feet down. The existing block in the window well will be demoed and replaced in a proper fashion. The exterior of the wall will then be pressure washed and any minor fixes (minor parging) to the substrate will be done. The exterior of the wall will be waterproofed 5â down along the entire length, with a cold applied liquid membrane, Henry CM100 or equal. Once the membrane is cured, the area will be backfilled and compacted to grade. As an option, the interior wall will be waterproofed with Thoroseal."

We will also be working on regrading the outside so that the water flows away from the house.

Does what the contractor suggest make sense. Should we use the optional Thoroseal?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Frogster

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz