SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
turkishdlight

Noise Problem from Neighbors

turkishdlight
14 years ago

I live on the third floor of an apartment building in VA. I've only been living there since May 10, 2009. Since the day I moved in, there is a very loud family above me. The mother and her son never leave the house. The child is always running around and stomping up and down. I'm a student and I need to study. I take online classes as well and I need to be able to hear my professors. I'm only able to study when the child goes to sleep which is usually around 10 then I study until 3 AM or so and wake up at 6 AM when they usually wake up. I sleep with earplugs in my ear and I can even hear them through my earplugs!

They are heavy set people as well but it's like they don't care that they are stomping up and down and they don't mind their kid disturbing other people. It's ridiculous. I've spoken with management at least every week since I've been a resident. They said that the floors were squeaking on their end and if they fix it that should reduce the sound. Well, it didn't. The squeaking went away for a little bit but now... it's back. Management isn't doing anything. They keep telling me that they are long time residents and they wouldn't be willing to move. I'm not asking them to move. All I want is peace! The kid is constantly running, his mother never takes him outside! What do I do?!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012