SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucidmike

Moth problem..Help please.....

lucidmike
15 years ago

Allright I have had a moth problem for about 5 maybe 6 months now. The thing is it is in two areas of my apartment. One in my room the other in my living room coincedentally both are seemingly around the area of the TV. So last night I looked up the types of moths that they could be. And I saw a picture of the Indian meal moth and thought it looked massively familiar due to killing them in my living room all the time. So I found an empty jar with a lid and caught one and sure enough it is an Indian meal moth. After what I read about thee Indian meal moth it kinda made sense due to the fact that near the TV is birdseed for my bird and the birds outside. Also peanuts for squirrels.

Now the moths in my room I'm still unsure about. I tried catching one earlier but it got away and flew into an unlit area nontheless a tight squeeze. Anyways I have two Guinea Pigs in my room and noticed the moth problem when I spent some money and got them a huge bag of litter at Petco. Now I know moths are attracted to food but how can they be attracted to pieces of wood. Now the food for them is and has always been kept in a airtight container. Now my main question here is can there be two different infestations with two different types of moths or is it safe to assume that the moths in my room are Indian Meal Moths. And how do I go about getting rid of the pests. I'm at the point where I am willing to relocate my guinea pigs for a day and completely spray my room down with a few cans of Raid. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

Comments (38)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville