SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamadadapaige

Making final decisions... having a hard time - any advice??

mamadadapaige
16 years ago

Our kitchen renovation is well underway and I still haven't finalized anything except for cabinetry.

For appliances, I am looking at:

refrigerator: Subzero 650 or GE Monogram (bottom freezer). I like the interior of the Subzero a little better so am leaning that way. I don't freeze a lot so want to optimize the fridge space. I have a small kitchen without a lot of wall space so another consideration is going with a narrower fridge column and then freezer drawers (this option might be a budget buster and I am concerned about designating a 30" built in space for a fridge... what happens 10 years down the road when we need a new fridge and can't find one to fit the custom space).

range: Was pretty well decided on the BlueStar 36" with griddle, however, for the same price I can get the GE Monogram 36" inch with griddle which has the added benefits of being self cleaning and dual fuel. I do a lot of slow cooking and am most concerned with a very low simmer temp. I am happy that both ranges have the grates that once turned over can fit a wok. I haven't done a lot of this type of cooking but am excited to try new things once I have the new range. I love to cook and have produced many wonderful meals on my little kitchenaid range, so I am not totally sure what to expect in terms of performance from these pro-style ranges.

Bev. Center: thinking of the Kitchenaid

Microwave: considering the Sharp draw microwave or the GE Profile spacesaver. this will go in our island so the draw seems a bit better of a design.

DW: Kitchenaid (trying not to blow the budget here, just want something stainless and quiet)

Sink: Must fit into a 28" base cabinet so has to be single bowl. I saw one I loved on www.justsinks.com (under Culinary Series, Cotswold II - apron front stainless with towel bar). It might be a smidge big, unfortunately this website doesn't indicate what size cabinet is required. Am trying to get the largest sink to fit the space, the Blanco and Franke's are either huge or 19". any ideas?

Faucet: Thinking of the pulldown spray type, maybe KWC... seems like a good brand, Dornbracht's are beautiful but not sure they are in my budget.

Cabinets: After getting quotes on:

Kennebec Cabinetry: $32K

Brookhaven: $25K

Woodmode: $34K

Quality Custom Cabinetry: $28K

Plain and Fancy: $25K

Medallion: $22K

Crown Point: $24K

decided on Crown Point (which was my first choice and fortunately one of the lower prices). Thank goodness this decision is finally made... I am thrilled.

Sorry so long... I have spent more hours than I care to admit on this site and have found it incredibly helpful, but am just having trouble committing to the appliances. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Comments (7)