SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
str8dyme

Moving to a top-floor apartment....is it stupid?

Str8dyme
17 years ago

I am in the process of moving to a top-floor apartment unit in the same apartment complex that I am currently living in now. Currently, I live on the second floor of a three-story apartment building. EVERYONE in the building I am in now is loud, especially my downstairs and upstairs neighbor. I have to go through slamming doors, screaming, and loud TVs from my downstairs neighbors, and deliberate footfall noise and late-night chores from my upstairs neighbor.

My upstairs neighbor and I have been going through this feud for almost three years now. I'll call the landlord or the police and the noise would get worse. I believe she wrote on my car with lipstick as retaliation. I love the apartment community that I am in now and the location so I just decided to just move to another unit.

I would love anyone's opinion on me moving to a top-floor apartment and if it will be worth the move. Does anyone else currently live in a top-floor unit? If so, what are the pros and cons? I've lived in apartments almost all my life and never had the privilege of living on the top floor. I would appreciate any responses!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars55 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!