SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
perwiradua

Water dripping on my air conditioning unit

perwiradua
20 years ago

I live on the first floor and the neighbour on the fourth. The mistake I made was that I had my air conditioning unit installed directly underneath his/hers. So when his unit is operating, water discharged from it drips on to my unit and it makes such an annoying, continuous "tink, tink, tink" sound. What I do is I stick a square sponge sheet about 2 inches thick on top of mine using double sided tapes, covering it completely. It muffles the dripping sound but very late at night when it is quiet, I sometimes get awaken.

Apart from meeting and discussing about it with the said neighbour (this is the last resort) or have it removed or shifted so that it won't be directly underneath his, is there any better way of lessening the sound of the dripping water or diverting it? I can't think of a better material that can take dripping water quietly. The top of the unit is not easily reachable. I have to put out my left hand out of the window to be able to just barely touch the nearer end of the top since the window is secured by horizontal metals about 6 inches apart from each other.

Comments (7)

Sponsored