SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
manny_

Upstairs neighbor who nags!!

manny_
12 years ago

I have a few questions if any of you could help.. My fiance and my two children moved into an apartment with 3 other apartments attached. We moved here in October of last yr. So the lady upstairs was an ex girlfriend of my fiance's old friend and she actually referred us. Now and for months now, anything we do, she complains about. And the thing is, we keep to ourselves and do not bother anybody and it's getting really irritating now. She used to complain that our chihuahua should not poop by the trees when we walked him on the side of the apts in the parking lot which are not even close to the apartments, and we picked up the poop ever time with a puppy bag. Mind you, she also has a chihuahua who she does not walk ever and just lets him run free and allows him to go potty in the backyard which we all share. (and she does not nor has she never picked it up). My kids had to stop playing back there because they would come home with poop all over there shoes. So that's one thing. Another is, she complained that our dog barked when we left sooo, we bought a cage for him and put him in it. She still complained, so we bought him bark off also. She still complained which there wasn't much more we could do because we both have day jobs and unlike her, have to work. She is on Sec 8 with no under age kids and refuses to work. She sits in her apt all day smoking weed and complaining. it really gets to me. So she called animal sevices and they said it is fine if the dog hears someone to bark but if it's consistant, then we can get fined. totally understandable, but he only barks if he hears someone. So now, we aredealing with people coming through our backyard and they are low lifes and we are trying to run them out of here but if my dog can't bark to at least warn them away, what can we do? This is just some of the problems wit her. She even complains during the early evening that my fiance needs to turn his music off in the garage when it is honestly not loud or untoleratable but since she is above us, she says the walls are hollow and she can hear it, so we need to turn it off. Now isn't there a ten oclock law or something? My landlord tells us to ignore her because she texts us and him constantly but I don't know if he is possibly playing both sides. I'm just sooo tired of this and would like some feed back of what others think or suggest. She even went as far as to call her ex and have him call my fiance and say I was up to something because when my fiance would leave for work, she would see me leave shortly after, not realising that I have a job like normal people. She just causes problems.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm