SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cupofkindness

Installing New Dishwasher Friday: Please Give Advice for Success

cupofkindness
13 years ago

We purchased the Kitchenaid KUDE70 about two weeks ago, but due to a rebate program that began in Texas on 12/20, there is a wait on the delivery and installation of major appliances. Lots of handwashing over Christmas and New Years.

In any case, Lowe's has contracted with a small delivery/installation company (that I've never heard of) to install the dishwasher. What should I do to be ready?

I paid for a metal water line, does that mean that there are no plastic hoses involved in this KA? What is the best dishwasher detergent to use? I have a large family, the dishwasher will be full every day.

How should I treat the stainless steel door in order to resist finger prints, dents, and scratches? What brand do you use and where do you buy it?

I suppose that I should turn the dishwasher on and start a cycle before the delivery crew leaves.... make sure that puddles don't form and that the electrical doesn't explode.

***Here's a very important question: should we buy the extended warranty?***

Also, when we renovated our kitchen 5 years ago, we raised the counter heigh about an inch and a half by putting the cabinet boxes on 2 by 6s, including the old Whirlpool dishwasher (which was already 2 or 3 years old at the time), any concerns about elevating the new KUDE70? Finally, any other advice or tips about installing this dishwasher? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Comments (8)