SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mgregroup

first time poster...long time reader -- all kit appliances advice

mgregroup
14 years ago

Hi, guys. Well, its finally here. We close on our new house in a week. And by our new house, I mean our new old house. Maybe not old by some standards, but built in 1955 and never touched since. Our renovation schedule is kind of choppy but at least it's planned and scheduled out. Now is time to pick the goods.

I need dishwasher rec's. It will be my first major appliance to buy for the kitchen, but most assuredly not the last. The kit has a standard space for a d/w but the current owner doesn't have one. I've read a ton of reviews and my head is spinning. Here's my take:

It's (for the moment) down to Bosch and Miele. It seems as though Bosch turns out a lot of lemons -- if you read the reviews, probably 65% are 5 star "best DW ever" reviews and 35% are 1 star "worst DW ever" reviews. Not a lot of middle ground. Any ideas as to why? Is it model specific or ... ?

I'm totally open to other brands you might suggest except I do have to (for resale purposes in about 10 years) need to keep the kitchen remodel higher end.

I'd love a fully integrated DW that could accept panels but I won't be doing cabs for probably a year or more. Quietness (or lack of loudness?), reliability, and cleaning performance are my biggest priorities. Bigger dw is, of course, better, as we cook a lot, but I'd be willing to sacrifice a place setting or two in size if I could feel good about the other three priorities being satisfied.

Suggest away!

Comments (6)