SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hope38_gw

heavy walker upstairs neighbor

16 years ago

I have been living in a second floor condo unit for more than 4 years now. My upstairs neighbor sold their unit and the new owner/tenant is a heavy walker/stomper. I never complained about this because I know that he's not doing this on purpose although I've been wanting to...

But recently, he started playing the drums. Although it's on the other side of the room, I could still feel the banging and it's still pretty loud. I knocked on his door a couple of times to complain about it. Both times he never opened the door but eventually stopped playing. I don't know if he heard me or if he was just ignoring me.

A few times, I could also hear private activities in his bedroom (if you know what I mean). It felt like they had a trampoline up there. The thing is, sometimes this would be happening at the early hours in the morning - around 5A or 6A. One time it was even on a Saturday morning. I used to also hear my old neighbors when they are in bed but not as bad as this one. This time, it felt like the ceiling is going to fall.

Do I have the right to complain about these? If so, do I talk to him directly or do I do it through my HOA? I'm not confrontational at all and considers myself very patient. This has been going on for months now. The situation was aggravated by the bedroom activities and the drum playing.

I even started sleeping in the living room couch - afraid that I will get aggravated if I wake up in the middle of the night by his heavy walking and not be able to go back to sleep. Sometimes I would even turn the radio on so I won't hear his footsteps.

Thanks.

Comments (5)