SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
hazelnutbunny

new: obf's january swap: 'new beginnings'

hazelnutbunny
15 years ago

Welcome to the January swap for OBF!

A bit early, yes...but with all the hustle & bustle of the holiday, I wanted to give everyone ample time to sign up. Some of us won't be home for a week or so..while others are too busy to even turn on the computer. LOL So this gives everyone a few weeks to sign up, if they'd like. :O)

This one is all about "NEW BEGINNINGS".

Since we are all maxed out from our holidays, I'd like us to treat each other to something just for us. A special treat, if you will!

Here's how this will work:

The idea is to send your partner a complete new hobby or even an old & enjoyed one. Something to be enjoyed indoors, or to look forward to in the spring. Some ideas here are: An indoor herb garden (either a store bought kit, or one you've put together yourself!), a cross-stitch project, latch hook rug kit, a themed seed garden (you could include hand tools, gloves, etc), a starter container garden, a baking set (cookbook, utensils, apron, etc), scrapbooking starter kit, crochett kit...really, your imagination is the limit!

Just 2 rules here:

Keep it simple (most of us have tapped out our money resources for the holidays!) & make sure you include everything necessary to complete the project. (unless it's gardening - can't include soil! or baking - can't ship perishable food! But within reason, please include everything needed for a satisfying hobby experience! :O)

Signups are open now, and will be held until January 5th. Partners will be assigned on the 6th, with packages to be mailed out by the 20th.

Let's make January a good start for the swapping year, ladies!

Melissa

Comments (116)

• wynative
    15 years ago

Melissa - BELLY DANCING!! That would be wonderful - but with the pesky few pounds+ that have some how attached themselves to my 'middle' over the holidays, distilling my own beer is a much better choice, then I would have something to blame the 'bulge' on! LOL I am sure what you send will be wonderful. Although after this week - the first full week since the holdidays started - has been a bit grueling, a beer might just do the trick. :)

I have a couple idea's about my Aug. theme but need a little longer to fine tune it and make sure that it will be okay - sometimes my idea's aren't as wonderful to others as they sound to me....

Susie ~ your pansy is a beautiful color! How lucky are you - I do believe you have the first bloom of the season. And weeds IMO are okay this time of year - atleast they are green and give us hope that spring is on its way! I am getting the items for your project together, should go out later next week. I need your address, thought I had it but ???

Now I need to show off my newest G-nephew! His name is Jett James, arrived Jan. 4th at 10:30pm
    {{gwi:1320956}}

welcomed home by his big sister Tomi~Bliss
    {{gwi:1320957}}

and 3 cousins ~ Scotty, Elena and Devin
    {{gwi:1320958}}

{{gwi:1320959}}

Sorry about the blurryness but their mom took these with her phone and sent them. But aren't I lucky!!! I now have 3 neices and 4 nephews with 2 more to arrive this summer! Guess I better get busy and get more quilts started or they will not have them for the cold season! I am working on Jett's now, just finishing up the binding. Each child has their own theme and Jett gets 'Cars' - there is so many cute idea's out there for these!

Well I have babbled long enough :) Have a great weekend ladies!
    Marie

• nyvoices99
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    Just checking in, looks like you all are having a blast, so wish I had more time in a day,

Susie,
    No rush, I'm here.

Mary Ellen,
    Will be going to town first of the week & will let you know when your box heads out.

Have to get back to cleaning GS is coming today, Have a great day all..:)Anita

• Related Discussions

update: obf: new beginnings

Q

Comments (11)
    Mine arrived today & I Know I'm going to enjoy . thank you for the very nice card Please tell your sister she makes very nice cards & best of luck with them :) Also Recieved a Sunset stitchery cross stich unicorn although my hands or eye sight won't let me do this I Have a Niece who will do this one for me . But you can Bet I will use all the jiffy-7 peatpots along with the mini Greenhouse Grow kit ,with the Miracle grow tablets :)) . I got some of my most wanted seeds on my list also :) Black & white Dianthus & aster Chinensis Moonshine mixed Thank you so much. as for the candy hearts they will be nice to nibble on :) also in the box was a very pretty Kitchen towel with Birds & bird Houses & it says HOME SWEET HOME :) Love it . thank you for all the thoughtfull gifts . susie
    ...See More

NEW: new: obf april "a taxxxxing month" swap

Q

Comments (149)
    Great....Michelle received from Dianne!!! Everyone sent and everyone received. BRAVO! Well, that is a wrap on A TAXXXXING MONTH!! I see that all prizes have been received except for Vina and Jeanne (A game). Jeanne, I checked your tracking...you should receive by/on Thursday of this week. Vina and Jeanne, no need to post here when you receive...to difficult to get on here. Just email me so I know you have it in your hot little hands! Has been a pleasure ladies!! Tata, Annie
    ...See More

NEW: January 2015 O.B.F. Members Re-Purposed Fun!

Q

Comments (144)
    You have 6 days left (including today) to mail your used Christmas card crafts, in order to be in the contest. The Post Office is closed Monday for M.L.K. day. Thank you! Just so you know... I'm sticking very close to the mailing deadline (for the contest). Voting starts in the early morning of the 29th or sooner if all the used Christmas card crafts are sent. Sheri Sheri (Panhandle_Seed_Swap) - Sent and Received SENDS TO: Erica (EricaBraun) - Sent and Received SENDS TO: Nicole (bluee19) - Sent and Received SENDS TO: Shirley (brittneysgran) - Sent and Received SENDS TO: Dawn (dawn1972) - Sent and Received ???? SENDS TO: Mary (cottonwood468) SENDS TO: Christine (christine00) - Sent SENDS TO: Tammy (mcc371) - Sent and Received SENDS TO: Dawn (dmkelly) - Received SENDS TO: Margo (smitties) - Sent SENDS TO: Susan B. (skyblue52) - sent (today) SENDS TO: Sharon (toomanyanimals) - Sent SENDS TO: Faye (nottougly) - Sent and Received SENDS TO: Jeanne (sandlapper_rose) - Sent and Received SENDS TO: Sue G. (sguanzon) SENDS TO: Suzanne (hibiscusfan) SENDS TO: Annie (canyonwind) SENDS TO: Jamie (patton40) - Sent Please check-in and follow-up on the new thread if you haven't, yet (link below). Thank you! Here is a link that might be useful: New OBF Thread
    ...See More

2021 New Year New Beginnings Seed Swap

Q

Comments (181)
    Mountain Lake Corner have you received your seeds??? I pm’d your tracking Number. Let me know please. Glad you all are enjoying your seeds. I am going thru postage and will be contacting those with left over postage this week. I will be having another swap in August. Here is my email if you wanna contact me mcc371@ and gmail.com Hope you all have a blessed year. Happy Gardening, Tammy
    ...See More
  • brittneysgran
    15 years ago

JANUARY-MELISSA(hazelnutbunny) 'NEW BEGINNINGS'
    FEBRUARY-BETH (beth_b_Kodiak)
    MARCH-CAROL (veeja11)
    APRIL-SUSIE (skohler) 'PLANTER SWAP'
    MAY-SHIRLEY (brittneysgran) 'THE ABC'S OF GARDENING'
    JUNE-THERESA (theresa24) 'GETTIN DIRTY'
    JULY-ANITA (nyvoices99) 'CHRISTMAS IN JULY'
    AUGUST-MARIE (wynative)
    SEPTEMBER-APRIL (dirt_under_my_nails)
    OCTOBER-JEANNE (sandlapper_rose)
    NOVEMBER-MARY ELLEN (mellen)
    DECEMBER-SASSY (sassyd)

Theresa has decided on her theme and it sounds like FUN, I love Gettin Dirty.

Marie-I like you love those nieces and nephews, our family just keeps growing. Jan 4th was my GD's birthday, she turned 18. Gosh I can't believe I am a grandmother to an 18 year old.

Nite all

Shirley

• skohler
    15 years ago

Anita Your New year Craft Is on the way
    conf# is 0307 0020 0004 7287 8545

I bet I know How Dirty we will be getting for Theresa's Swap :))

well i Hope everone will have a great weekend I have to
    go pick up party supplies today .
    we will be holding a surprise birthday party for dads 95th at the church :))
    so got to get out of here :)

susie

• missg
    15 years ago

Hello Everyone, I hope things are going fine.
    Momcat can you email your infor to me please,
    thank you.

Everyone enjoy your day.
    Gale

• skohler
    15 years ago

GEE Where is everyone ?? Great weekend here .
    went north saturday with friends to play Bingo :))
    came home with much more then I went with but can't say uncle sam might be wating :)))

Beth : where you at now on your trip Hope its in a warmmer place then here :we got hit sunday morning with heavy wet snow our power went out for an hour ,all is well now .
    also can you give us a hint as to what your theme might be
    for next month :))

well hope everyone has a warm & safe week
    susie

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone!

We've been battling pinkeye, head colds & now a stomach bug here. The baby came down with pinkeye last week, and got a cold at the same time. Luckily, no one else got pinkeye, but I do have the cold. Then on Saturday night, Adora started running another fever and also started vomiting. UGH. So now, the tummy thing is making it's rounds through the entire family. Which takes a long time, when you've got 5 kids!! I'm down to 3 kids having it, plus me...I'm sitting at work with a 102 fever right now, but need to be here.
    ANYWAY, hopefully this will pass QUICKLY...I'm tired of having a house full of sick kids! *sigh*

Marie, I hope you'll be OK with an "old" hobby. With the kids being so sick this past week, I haven't been able to go to the store to pick anything out for you. But I do have a project for you...and I've got it boxed and ready. It'll go out this week, sometime. Don't worry....I Lysol-ed everything VERY well before I packed it up!! LoL No germs there!! :O)

Here is the updated list, as far as I have it:

Skohler to Nyvoices ~~SENT
    Nyvoices to Mellen
    Mellen to Veeja
    Veeja to Missg
    Missg to Momcat
    Momcat to Hazelnutbunny
    Hazelnutbunny to Wynative
    Wynative to Skohler

Have a HEALTHY week, everyone!! :O)

• nyvoices99
    15 years ago

Good Morning All,
    Received my wonderful box from Susie, My new hobby is going to be growing herbs & wacky veggies, Susie sent me:
    Herb Kit-with Parsley, Chives & Basil
    4 Terra Cotta Plant Markers to go with some of the seeds she sent.
    Seeds:
    Mexican Miniature Watermelon
    Yugoslavian Finger Cucurbita Pepo?????????
    Watermelon Radish
    Red Hmohg Cucumber
    Chocolate Cherry Sunflower
    Cotton Candy Morning Glory
    English Thyme
    Fennel
    Cosmos Grow Kit
    Sunflower Grow Kit
    Butterfly Grow kit (Can't wait to do him with D)
    Pack Of Aluminum Plant Tags'
    Pack Of Note Cards That Read A Note From Anita, Love them, wish I had bought more when I found them.
    Winnie The Pooh puzzle
    David's Winnie The Pooh coloring book (she made herself, I love it!) & crayons
    Heart cupcake tins
    Christmas cookie cook book (love what you wrote in it)
    Grime Away Gardner Hand Soap.

Thank you very much Susie, I love everything & I have to tell you what a perfect time for me to start with all the wonderful herbs, as I started the alli diet yesterday & will truly need them. :)Anita

• skohler
    15 years ago

A DIET ???? Girl you do not need the diet!!!
    so glad all arrived I knew you & david was a Pooh nut so just wanted to include things for him also .

Enjoy the mixture it was fun picking them out to be strange & fun for you :)) Grow I can Hardly wait to try them also :))

Just Hope you get my name for xmas In july so i can taste some of the cookies :))) hehehe

susie

• nyvoices99
    15 years ago

Mary Ellen,
    Went & got your new hobby today, it was a bit more than I thought it was going to be, so I could not add much for extras:(Hope this is OK with you? I will get it boxed up & to the PO in the next day or 2, will let you know when it's on the way.

Susie,
    Your funny!! 1800 cal & 60g fat do not allow for COOKIES!
    I'm very excited, today one of my GF's decided to start with me, so we will be 1 day apart on weigh in, I truly hope it works for her, though she's 5'8" she is 240lbs, I honestly wish her better success with it. I can honestly tell you when I went to the bathroom this morning alli really does block fat!! We are all not a size 2 like the movies, I would be happy to be a 12 again, according to my current weight I am obese!!! YUCK, Hate seeing it.

OK off to pack Mary Ellen's box, Have a great day all..

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

Many thanks to HNB for my prize on the first guessing of the flower contest. I got it Saturday.Sorry for not posting sooner. My prize was :
    Pumpkin Pie Paradise Lip Plumper
    Thank you! It smells wonderful. Hope it gives me those big ole Pam Anderson Lips!
    Later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

glitter-graphics.com

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Marie, cute kids, I will post my swap theme in the future, not ready yet, don't see a reason to hurry, I have been having trouble getting on the rr exchange, finally found a back door, good to be back hugs carol

• mellen
    15 years ago

Anita, Please don't include anything else in the box to me. I don't EXPECT anything else, Okay??? But, I can't wait to see what in the world you are sending! :)))

Carol, I have your things here and have had them here for quite awhile, but we have been sickies here in our house for awhile. I have had a cold and all that goes with it since the week before Christmas. Will send as soon as I feel a little more energy when I get home from work.
    Mary Ellen

• wynative
    15 years ago

Melissa - don't worry about those pesky germs getting to us - the temp is a very chilly 8 degree's right now and I doubt they can survive! LOL

Susie ~ please send me your address. I am waiting for part of your new project to arrive but as soon as they show up, I will send it out.

Marie

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Anita.....Alli? Do tell more. I have been taking Hoodia this week and have definitely noticed a change in my appetite. Only small results on the scale but it's only been a few days.

Susie....Congrats on your big win!

I hope everyone gets better from their winter bugs...

Theresa

• skohler
    15 years ago

I Have to admit6 I was going to go on the alli diet but after reading it through it says it might interfer with
    some meds & If your on warfin blood thiner you should not take it so guess that leaves me out of it .

Marie : sent you my address let me know if it don't go through with try another way .

susie

• nyvoices99
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    Quick post to let Mary Ellen know her box is on the way to the PO as soon as I get off here, D/C # 0103 8555 7492 5865 6537. Hope you like your new hobby, I might even get 1 for myself to try:)

Theresa,
    Don't have a lot of time right now, as I have to go to the PO, I really don't know about how well it works yet, I can tell you my sister started Hoodia the same day I started alli, so that should give us a clue soon, but 1 persons body is so total different than another, that we really wont know for a fact what one works better, will post more later.

Susie,
    Yes, your right, some meds you need Doctor supervision to be on alli.

Off to the PO, have a great day all.
    {{gwi:1301834}}

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone!

We've been sick all week, and I missed a few days of work. UGH.
    So sorry for not being able to post. But I'm back now! Thank goodness!
    I don't know what bug(s) we caught, but the baby and I are STILL fighting it. My fever broke -again!- late last night, enough so I could come back to work.
    Geeze, I think the virus's this year are super strong! What's up with that?? :O)

Marie- I mailed your package out yesterday. Here's the DC # for you: 03070020000213962342 I hope everything gets to you OK, and that you will enjoy what I was able to send.

Here is our updated list. Please let me know if I've left anyone out:

Skohler to Nyvoices ~~RECEIVED
    Nyvoices to Mellen ~~SENT
    Mellen to Veeja
    Veeja to Missg
    Missg to Momcat
    Momcat to Hazelnutbunny
    Hazelnutbunny to Wynative ~~SENT
    Wynative to Skohler

Susie- I also mailed out your prize yesterday. No DC, but it should arrive within the next few days. :O)

I won't be back on until Sunday night....So...Have a great weekend, everyone!!

Melissa

• wynative
    15 years ago

Sue ~ I am sorry but you package will not be going out until Tuesday. The items that I ordered for you have not arrived but will be here by Tuesday. I am adding a little extra surprise to make up for the delay :)

Have a great weekend and I will post conformation when I send out,
    Marie

• missg
    15 years ago

Hi, Momcat,
    Can you email me your address,
    I have your package.
    Gale

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Miss G I need your addy, I got your project today hope to mail monday. have you ever heard of the kama sutra nice hobby dh will enjoy or neighbor guy. you said anything is good I badly need a camelia sinensis, anyone got a cutting ?
    I did a funeral with 5 big matching peices thursday over 75 roses it was really nice, if I do say so myself. a small tulip arrangement I did at work.

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone!
    I've missed you all. I've been so busy, I haven't even been lurking, lol. I had a few family parties on my days off, and then I posted on the seed exchange. Holy moly, I had a lot of respondents. I have a lot of seed pkgs. to make. Oh and I had to join the big tomato swap that I was involved with last year. I'm not well, LOL!
    Oh, here's some neat news. A couple I hooked up at my old position, got engaged at Christmas. This will be marriage number 3 for me. I also got together a couple who are unmarried and had a baby. So so far I've been indirectly responsible for 5 children coming into this world. I guess it makes up for none of my own.

Melissa,
    So sorry you and the kids have been sick! I know how that is with my sis-in-law and her 4 boys.

Marie,
    Adorable pics of the kids.

Shirley,
    You've done a great job. You can see why your boss kept you and not the other person.

Susie,
    I hope the 95th birthday party went well. Congrats on the big bingo win too!

Anita,
    Good luck with the diet. I hope you get to that size 12.

Theresa,
    You're on a diet too?!

Gale,
    I need your address too. You can send your info sheet too since I'll probably need it sooner or later : )

Carol,
    Kama Sutra hobby, LOL! You are bad!

If I forgot anyone, I didn't mean it.
    Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• mellen
    15 years ago

Okay, Carol, I looked up Kama Sutra. So that is your new hobby, huh? What a WOMAN!!! LOLOLOL You ALways make me laugh, you crazy person, you! Bloomin' Friends, look it up. See what our Vee is taking up for a hobby.
    Mary Ellen

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Whoa Carol I have never heard of Kama Sutra...YOU GO GIRL...just post when you can. LOL

Remy so glad to see you post. I have meant to thank you for my seeds you sent in Susie's seed swap. Hope to WS some seeds soon.

Carol-That is a beautiful tulip arrangement. WE have had several speakers in our garden club come and show us how to arrange flowers in containers and mine still looks like a kindergartener did it. It just never looks right.

It is cloudy and snowy looking here today. We are supposed to get a couple of inches of snow.

Housework is calling

Shirley

• momcat
    15 years ago

My package to Hazelnutbunny went out in the mail today.

I had to drop off my daughter at work, and then stopped at the post office. It's only 2º outside, and I don't want to have to go out again unless it's absolutely necessary!! I've been going back and forth between playing on the computer, and going through seeds, but definitely staying inside!

Deb

• mellen
    15 years ago

Anita, WOW!!! What an absolutely awesome hobby you sent to me! Anita sent me what's called a Versa-Tool. It is a tool that has 11 interchangeable points that I can use for woodburning, papercrafting, personalized stamping, stencil cutting, hot knife cutting, and pattern transferring. It can be used on wood and leather, and I can solder with it. Anita, I am just enthralled with this!!! She also sent some wood project kits, and one of them is a capital letter M for my name. Besides this, she sent 2 cute boxes that contain seeds and a peat pellet for black-eyed Susan plants and for lavender. AND, 2 absolutely darling angel pot stakes--one is a girl and the other is a boy. I already have each of them in a plant. AND, a big bag of EDIBLE David sunflower seeds! Isn't that your GS's name? On the front of the package it says, "Eat. Spit. Be happy!" How funny! LOL
    Anita, dear Anita! Thank you, thank you for something so fun, and no, I have not done this before, but I will absolutely love learning it. My DH is a woodcarver and leather worker in his spare time in the winter when he is watching TV. So now we can "hobby" together! You're the best!
    Mary Ellen

• skohler
    15 years ago

Gm All just wanted to pop in & let melissa Know I got my prize Yesterday in the mail . & thank you .
    melissa sent me a very nice body bath Mitt with a Mini facial scrub brush & a Bar of very nice smelling English Tea Rose soap .

Nice project Mellen .

I like remy have been seed swaping & getting ready for spring planting I have many plans for spring .

As for Dads Party that has been set for this coming saturday the 26th day after his birthday for many have to work & he won't be the wiser :)

Marie No extra is needed there is lots of time :))
    well have to go check out my mail before signing off here so have a great day to all .

susie

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Pixie has offered me some camelia sinensis seeds so I have it now and am going to grow a tea hedge. I was asking miss g if she would like to take up kama sutra as a hobby, not me. I am elderly. Mellen glad you got a fun hobby.That Anita knows how to pack a box. Remy are you enjoying the cold ? Dh is calling me to cap some herbs so gotta go work. big hugs to all
    carol

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OhMyGoodness!! Kama Sutra?!? Wow, I am jealous!! :O) We should all be so lucky, huh?? LoL

Mary Ellen & Anita - That sounds like a great new hobby! Way to go!! :O)

Here is our newly updated list, as far as I have it..:

Nyvoices to Mellen ~~RECEIVED
    Mellen to Veeja
    Veeja to Missg
    Missg to Momcat
    Momcat to Hazelnutbunny ~~ SENT
    Hazelnutbunny to Wynative ~~SENT
    Wynative to Skohler

Let's try to get our boxes out no later than Friday, please ladies? We'd sure like Miss Beth to be able to start her swap on time. :O)

Everyone has sent fantastic boxes so far!

Melissa

• beth_b_kodiak
    15 years ago

OK, I'm BaaaaaaaaaaaCK!!!
    Absolutely no service with this expensive wireless internet that the salesman assured me would worl "anyplace" LOL Guess Sw Tennessseee is not part of anyplace these days.
    Anyway, the big challenge is for someone to help me get the logo posted to start the sign ups.
    The theme will be " A Few of my Favorite Things" just like in the song. Could be something you make that you and the family enjoys, your best recipes, seeds for your favorite flowers, pictures of yout favorite pooch etc. Whatever... it should give us an interesting variety.
    Sorry for the long absence but some days even the cell phone did not work well.

• skohler
    15 years ago

beth sending you an email :
    susie

• skohler
    15 years ago

BETH: let me know if you do not get the info I sent to you. I had to go through GW for i did not have your address .

susie

• missg
    15 years ago

Hi Deb,
    I need your mailing address
    Missg

• momcat
    15 years ago

OK, just sent you an e-mail.

Deb

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Beth if you still need help e-mail me personally.Miss G I need your addy again now if not sooner. super cold here, in the 20's. I left illinois to get away from cold. hugs to all my bloomin friends

• mellen
    15 years ago

Carol's/Veeja's box is going out tomorrow.
    Mary Ellen

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    It has been cold!! here. I see it has been that way in other places too. I have to go out side today. I don't want to, lol.

Mellen,
    LOL, I feel odd now that I knew what Kama Sutra was. It is from watching the history shows on A&E/Discovery, etc. not as a hobby, lol!
    Cool new toy Anita sent you.

Shirley,
    I'm glad you got the seeds. : )

Susie,
    You haven't had the party yet, no wonder you didn't say how it went, lol. I'm sure your dad will love it.

Carol,
    You're not elderly! You've one or two good years left, LOL : )

Beth,
    Welcome back! Didn't you know about SW Tennessee? lol. I'm glad to see you are out on the road, and in a warm local than here.

I've got to go finish packing seeds,
    Remy

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Beth-I can be in my house and get no cell phone service, walk out on the deck and it's just enough to reach someone. Just too many mountains here I guess. Glad to see you back.

Shirley

• wynative
    15 years ago

Melissa ~ My package arrived and THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!! What a great package - everything is perfect! Even the yarn ~ nothing like the special touch from a couple of Angels. LOL

In my package I recieved:
    Cherry Blossom Lotion - that smell's good enough to eat!
    4 FQ of Mickey Mouse Fabric - red, blue, yellow and green.
    Bigger pieces of fabric in pale green, blue plaid, teddy bear print and apples.
    A zip-lock baggy of black/white & red/white plaid squares ready to put into a quilt. (I want to start a new quilt right now! but I have promised myself that I MUST finish all the projects that are started before spring! I am not even allowing myself to start a book until 1/2 of them are finished...)
    4 balls of yarn - 2 pink, 2 brown from Turkey - very nice!
    2 patterns - McCall's, 8 summer dress's & Simplicity - Spa Assessories - these are great as my sister was wanting new PJ's and will work perfectly!
    A Rotary Cutter! - much nicer than the one I have been using!
    2 HB books - Weekend Quilts & Plan your Bathroom
    I have been so busy with work stuff today, I haven't even had a chance to peek at them :(
    and a Gift for Megin! Don't know what this is as I have to wait till she get's out of school but I will post tomorrow!

Thank you again Melissa - what a great way to start my day!

Sue ~ your package is being mailed tonight - I will post conformation Wednesday morning.

Marie

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Beth, hope you enjoy your journey. Let us know everything when you have service, and hopefully pics:))

You girls look like you're having a fun month!

Hugs to all and stay warm!
    Sassy

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Glad to hear that it arrived safe & sound, Marie! I do hope you enjoy everything...I feel so bad that I wasn't able to do some more shopping and get you a NEW hobby. Thank you for understanding about the yarn! LoL My girls thought that it looked "pretty & fun to tangle up in"!! (Aubeni's exact words!!) Oh, and Adora wanted to use it as a kitty leash. :O) I certainly hope they didn't tangle it too much!! LoL Tried to get most of it out, but was rushed to get it to the P.O., since I only go once a week. :O)

We are having a great month so far, aren't we, ladies? :O)

Mellen to Veeja
    Veeja to Missg
    Missg to Momcat
    Momcat to Hazelnutbunny ~~ SENT
    Hazelnutbunny to Wynative ~~RECEIVED
    Wynative to Skohler

Melissa

• wynative
    15 years ago

Sue - as promised ~ and late ~ your package is on its way! Conformation #0307 0020 0000 4013 5339, hope you have it for the weekend :)

Mellisa ~ Megin loved her surprise! She recieved shower gel, lotion, lip gloss and a foot scrubby. As for feeling bad about what you sent??? NO, don't even think that - everything is WONDERFUL! In fact, Megin is doing her best to take me into starting a new quilt with her this coming weekend out of the Mickey fabric... I keep telling her that we need to finish her cousins Easter one first. Her thinking is: cousin Jenni and cousin Kayla are both having babies this summer and we need to start on the baby quilts so that they have them when they are born in case the weather gets cold. LOL If that fails she wants a new robe from the pattern you sent - when I said that I didn't have a piece of fleece big enough she comes back with - it can be like Josephs coat of many colors, only a robe! Kids... gotta love'm!

Stay warm everyone!
    Marie

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I received a GREAT box from Deb (momcat) today!
    My hobby is:

CANDY MAKING! Yay!!
    A PEEPS marshmellow making kit (which the kids have used 2 times already!)
    A heart-shaped candy mold tray!
    2 bags of chocolate & vanilla candy melts!

Thanks so much, Deb! The kids & I love it! It was very thoughtful of you to include something that the kids would enjoy as well! :O)

Mellen to Veeja
    Veeja to Missg
    Missg to Momcat
    Momcat to Hazelnutbunny ~~ RECEIVED
    Hazelnutbunny to Wynative ~~RECEIVED
    Wynative to Skohler ~~ SENT

Melissa

• momcat
    15 years ago

OH, good, I'm glad you all like it!!

Deb

• nyvoices99
    15 years ago

Good Morning All,

Great hobbies everyone's getting, this was a very fun swap.
    Thanks for the support on my diet:)Need all the help I can get.

Mary Ellen,
    So glad you liked your new hobby, I want 1 myself someday!

Have a great day all. :)Anita

• missg
    15 years ago

Hi Deb your package is on the way
    I hope you enjoy it.
    Gale

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Thanks to Miss Mellen carol is making turtles, my favorite candy. Mellen sent me molds and everything needed to make turtles, also some sample turtles. I love it thankyou my friend. perfect hobby for me. Missg your hobby went out today. should be there by monday. when I was a little girl my grandpa always got a box of turtles each grandchild got one. only one. now I can make as many as I want. thankyou. hugs

• mellen
    15 years ago

Well, Miss Carol, happy to hear that you like the turtles. After I had sent the gift, and you told me what you and hubby were doing, I wanted to get it back and do something else for ya. But, there ya have it. Anyway, they are so easy to make, and even better to EAT!!!
    Many big hugs,
    Mary Ellen

• veeja11
    15 years ago

MissG did you get your box ? I think conf # is 03071790000467123512, will check it now. snowing here again. getting ready for a long stretch of work for valentines day 5 am until 7 pm 6 days in a row. please send flowers for my funeral feb 15th. hugs carol

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Carol,
    please check out the other thread that Melissa started. She had to start a new thread because of your naughty hobby, LOL!
    Gale posted there.
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: obf's january swap: 'new beginnings' part 2