SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
papa_toad

I need a toad expert

Papa_toad
18 years ago

I work as a mason in new construction. We are on a fresh dig,pouring footer for a foundation. This is a new street in seemingly very virgin area. It breaks my heart to see toads hopping around in the hole. I first took to throwing them out to an area I deemed to be safe. But now there are so many I have two buckets in the corners (shaded) where I put them in till the end of the day and am dumping them a fair distance away. They are all the same size. About an inch to a inch and a half. I figure them to be hatchlings from this season. I am picking up as many as 30 or so a day. The waterproofers are coming soon and they spray the outside with tar. In my opinion this will be certain death for them. I have limited knowlegde of toads. My question is. Can toads be relocated to another area without problems? I heard, don't know if it is true. That toads will always try to return to the area where they were hatched. I am thinking of taking them out to my parents farm and letting them go. Will this be a problem? I feel so bad for them. I have about 10 regular toads I love that live in my flower gardens. But I cannot see myself bringing home 300 toads from work. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thank you Glne

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022