SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hisprincess1189

Help I have no clue what this creature could be

HisPrincess1189
12 years ago

I am really sorry I don't have a picture I could share, Under the conditions of which I came upon this creature a camera wasn't my first thought...

This actually just happened around 12:30am, I am mostly a night owl myself so I tonight I am up late and I heard my cat outside let loose a horrible screech, Now this happening before I thought it was just another cat, Though of late I haven't seen with my own eyes what has been fighting my cat. Tonight I was fed up, due to small but rough wounds my cat has been getting on his neck area unlike a normal scratching from fleas or anything wound...

Anyway sorry, So quickly making a plan I quietly unlocked my back door readied one hand on the handle and the other on the light switch planing to open and turn on the light at the same time all the wile jumping out into the top step to see the culprit.

I must have surprised it as much as it surprised me, Because at first I didn't see anything, Not even my cat then I heard a hiss from under the steps and scratching like squirrel claws on concrete I looked down and the faster then I could blink hauling but around the corner of my house "hitting the corner with its side on the way." was this creature... Now with all that in mind, I will describe what I saw in such a quick instant...

Like mentioned before when it scurried across the carport it sounded like squirrel claws, But no bushy tail. It made no hissy or chattering noises, It was slender and longer like a ferret, But it didn't look like one and it's fur looked coarse and brown. Kind of like the hair were all together but individual like when an animal needs bath and the fur separates. Does any of this make any sense? If not Im sorry its the best of what I saw and just for a better idea I live in louisiana out in the country not near any swampy areas btw I live out near 2 big lake in the Concordia Parrish located not even 10 miles from the Mississippi river across from Natchez,Ms in the central part of Louisiana ya know kind in the middle and over by the edge area of Louisiana. You can look on yahoo driving maps online and see what I mean.

Thanks for sticking through this post I know it is pretty long.. Sorry just still quite baffled myself...

ps sorry for any missed typo I'm gettin a bit tired.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions