SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolann_z8

Did anyone hit the stores on black friday?

carolann_z8
16 years ago

I tell myself every year I'll never go shopping again on "Black Friday" but I did it again. My daughter can talk me into anything. lol She spent the night and rather than get up at 3a.m.we stayed up all night.

Armed with coupons, highlighted ads and mace, in case they got rowdy, we ventered off. We hit Kohls at 4:am and the store was already packed with people. I thought we were the only nutty people but I was wrong. We were supposed to meet PJ there but couldn't find her anywhere. Every once in a while I'd yell "PJ" just in case she was in hearing distance. We only brought our wallets and forgot our cell phones so we couldn't call her. The shopping carts were all gone so we didn't get a shopping cart and ended up wandering the store holding a portable DVD player, 3 comforter sets, 6 or 7 fluffy blankets and kicking a huge mattress pad as I would yell "PJ" at random. We did manage to get the last Temperpedic mattress pad. YIPEE

The next store we hit was Toys R Us and the line was down the street. I kept saying "NO" and "HELP" but my brave DD kept trudging on. We got in line and the line went amazingly fast. Two women had the nerve to slip in front of us as we entered the door. I was too tired to yell at them.

We headed straight to the MP3 players that were only $9.99 but they were all gone. We did get some other amazing bargains. We had lots of conversations with people in line since the line lasted over an hour.

Loaded down with packages we headed for Conn's. People were standing in line for hours to buy a Wii but by the time we got there the line was almost gone. I told my DD I wanted a Wii (not for fun but for excercise) and I'd share with the kids but they ran out. Rats!!

We did get the kids an MP3 for only $12. each.

After going to a few more stores we were loaded down and almost asleep since we stayed up all night.

This shopping trip was one I'll never forget.

What I learned from my experience is that people are mostly nice and even in packed quarters they have manners. We saved lots of money and it was quite an adventure but the laughs with my daughter were worth it all.

Carol...the ruthless shopper

P.S. She can't get me to go next year!!!

Comments (21)