SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hmacdona1

Come join us! - 2nd Annual Tomato and Pepper Seed Exchange

hmacdona1
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

As a Canadian member, I am unable to post this note in the exchange forum. I do hope you'll be ok with me posting here as I wanted to extend this offer to the US and International gardenweb members as I did last year.

I am hosting another Tomato and Pepper seed swap that will include members from a few different forums. I wanted to post this a bit early so you had time to collect seeds or place an order. Here are the guidelines we will follow for this swap.

1) Seeds must be received by me no later than October 30th, so I recommend you mail your envelope no later than October 15th. Please note that I live in Canada.

You can send "named varieties" of tomatoes or peppers (or both). Do not include mixes or seeds labeled "granny's mystery mix" or anything like that. I cannot, in fairness, send mixed or unknown packs of seed back to people that followed the instructions and only sent in "named varieties".

2) A minimum of 10 seeds per packet. A maximum of 5 packets of the same seed. An overall maximum of 30 packets per person.

Please ensure seed packets are clearly marked with the name, and whether they are heirloom, OP, or hybrids. If you are sending pepper seeds, it would help me a great deal with sorting if you could indicate if the peppers are sweet or hot as many individuals in the last swap had clear preferences. If seeds are from a commercial source, please note that as well.

3) If you send tomato seeds, you will receive tomato seeds in return. The same idea for peppers, unless you include a note indicating you are open to receiving either in return.

4) Please include a list of what you are sending, your wish list and if there are any seeds you do not want to receive. If you are only interested in heirloom or OP, please tell me that as well. I will try my best to accommodate your wish list, but there are no guarantees of course. The variety will be completely dependent on what is sent in. In last year's swap, we were able to fill many items on people's wish lists so please take the time to prepare one - it will be worth your while.

5) You will need to mail your seeds along with the correct amount of return postage as follows:

* If you live in Canada - $1.18 return postage stamps

* If you live in the US - $1.24 (CAD or US$) (includes tax)

* If you live outside Canada and US - $2.49 (CAD or US$) (includes tax)

All postage rates can be verified on the Canada Post website. For individuals in the US and International, please ensure your envelope is no larger than 6.1 x 9.6 inches (156mm x 245mm to stay within this price range). It's important that you send a regular bubble envelope and not the heavy cardboard insulated type. Weight restriction in this price category is 50g.

For those outside of Canada, you will need to send enough funds to pay for return postage. You can either send cash in the envelope or you could submit payment for postage via Paypal. Please do not send cheques as they cost me more to cash than the cost of postage. Please do not send stamps from your country. They will not work here.

6) If you change your mind after registering, and no longer wish to participate, please please please notify me immediately so we do not delay the swap waiting for your seeds to arrive.

This will also save me a great deal of time trying to follow up and track people down.

7) I will email you privately with my mailing address once you have posted here to sign up for this swap. You must make sure that your gardenweb profile has your email address attached so I can contact you. Please check this before signing up for this swap.

Any questions. Please let me know. Let's have fun trading!!!!

ThanksŅHeather

NOTE - I will be on vacation from August 21st to August 31st and will not be responding to email during that timecolor="#0000FF">

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm