SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sdrawkcab

Sleeping Bag sugestions for Hennessey Hammock

sdrawkcab
16 years ago

I just bought a H.Hammock and I'm looking at getting a sleeping bag to go with it. I'm not sure what type of bag is best suited to use in this unique hammock design. I am thinking maybe a synthetic filled mummy bag with 2 zippers so i can hang my feet out of it if i want would be good. I like "traditional" (non-mummy) bags when dump camping but they are too bulky to hike with. somewhere i saw a bag that looked like a cross between a mummy bag and a traditional rectangle bag. it looked promising.

I am 6'2" and about 260lbs so i need a pretty big bag to be comfortable and i like to be warm at night. This will be used for both dump camping and some backpacking. weight is not a huge issue to me, i weigh 260, the best way to lighten my load would be lose weight not skimp on gear.

Any sugestions on specific makes/models i should be looking at?

Thanks,

backwards

Comments (3)

• OklaMoni
    16 years ago

Hi

I am on a camping biking list, and everyone with a HH suggests the use of a thermarest to keep warm from below.

I don't have a HH but thought I let you know, what others say.

Moni

• tplife
    16 years ago

I stay away from synthetics, the're not "green" : ) and they don't hold up. They're GREAT if you can't stay dry when you camp however. Marmot makes quality rectangular-style sleeping bags that use goose down fill. With a little care, they will last a lifetime and are more cost-effective than synthetics. That said, Northface has a nice line of QUALITY synthetic bags, hopefully they'll have the rectangular-style you're yearning to take 'yonder.

• maedchen13
    9 years ago

Hi,

I think a Lahjar sleeping bag is also a good choice for you. I have tried it, and I was pleased with it. It keeps you really warm, and it is a good quality product (from Hungary, by the way).

You can check it here: http://goo.gl/74t1WE

Sponsored