SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rakegirl

A question about lights

rakegirl
18 years ago

I really don't want to offend any rv owners but I have a question I've been chewing on since last summer.

Why do people with outside lights on their rigs leave them on all night at campgrounds?

See last summer my dc and neice and I were camping in NE WA, it was HOT and we had to hit the road super early so we decided to pack up everything possible the last night and sleep out under the stars. We had a wonderful open place to sleep and a magnificent view of the stars - well we would have except for the *%^ rv lights that stayed on ALL night in the campsites closest to us. Now I wondered, with lighted bathrooms not too far away, and flashlights to get you to those particular circles of brightness why was it necessary to keep those lights on? If for some weird reason, the folks snoring away inside were expecting company at 3:00 AM, couldn't they have um..I don't know, turned on the light to greet these nightowl guest?

To top it off, I need/prefer to have it as dark as possible when I'm sleeping and no matter how I laid, I eventually rolled over and wham - lights in the eyes.

BTW, I noticed this phenominom at every campground we used last season but most of the time I'm cosy in my tent, not trying to sleep al-fresco.

I am actually curious and not just trying to be snarky. If someone who rvs could fling me a good reason, I think I could be more forgiving. Any en"light"enment out there?

:)

Comments (15)

Sponsored