SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rustyj14

National Campers & Hikers Club. NOT!

rustyj14
19 years ago

We were members of the camping club named above, and for 6-7 years went to each yearly camping project! Each one was in a different state! And all of the states sent people to it. Any member could come! We went because i was in the stage entertainment group, for the state of Pennsylvania!

One annual meeting was in South Carolina, down near Lake Moultrie, and it was HOT!!

They had built outdoor privies for the campers to use. They were placed at each end of a row of campers.

There was no shade! And, the people in charge contacted each other via CB radios. We were there for 4 days! by that time, we couldn't walk near the out-houses, they stank so bad. And, people's refrigerators in their trailers weren't able to compete with the heat, the ice chests became hot water tanks, and people started piling their spoiled food beside the privies! Can't you imagine what that smelled like? And, the organizers hadn't made any provisions for pumping out the privies, or gathering garbage!

By the end of the 4th. day, my wife and I were turning green, so we packed up and left! And, we decided no more camping in S. Carolina in the summer! That's when we went to Cherokee, N.C. and stayed in a nice shady campground, where we needed blankets at night! AAAHHHH!!

by: Rustyj

Comment

Sponsored
    Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
    Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
    Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths