SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rocky_acres_gw

Are My Tomatoes Goners? *VERY Pic Heavy*

14 years ago

First I thought I had killed them using too strong of a solution of sevin spray. So I didn't use anything else the whole time regretting the use of a pesticide (I had envisioned organic but between the bugs and the birds we were getting NOTHING). I originally had my plants in cages but they got HUMONGOUS and quickly outgrew the cages so they all were, at one point, laying on the ground. I trimmed off everything that was dead or dying (and there was LOTS) once I saw there was LOTS of new growth at the base of the plants and on some of the younger branches. Then I put up trellis's to get them off the ground. Yet they are still curling up and dying. I have found aphids and worms of some sort as well as possibly white flies. But I fear some sort of wilt....I also want to point out the soil does not look that dead in person, it was just VERY hot and bright out so the images are a little too light.

I was hoping to keep these going until our first frost instead of starting all new plants since these DO have new blloms coming on them. But if they are diseased I need to get them out and burned now. Could all of this damage be from the bugs or is something more sinister going on? The brands of tomatoes are Early Girl, Homestead, Rutgers (the hardest hit), Brandywine, and Beefsteak. Here are the pics:

Comments (10)