SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed Swap #7..games, and thank you's

flwrs4ever
15 years ago

PLEASE POST HERE, WHEN YOU RECIEVE A CARD, ENVIE, OR SEEDS..WE LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU ARE RECEIVING.

TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS IS STILL GOING, HOPE YOU ARE ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS.

Thanks so much to all of you for making this such an AMAZING swap...and I feel like I have made 150 NEW FRIENDS.

This is our Christmas tree in the yard...wanted to share with you all !!

Comments (150)

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I received two more wonderful cards today.

From divahethr I received a cute little Happy Feet card that made the cutest star for my Christmas card tree and she sent coreopsis sunray, violet mix, thyme, delphinium magic fountains, echinacea purple coneflower and verbascum. I have been wanting to try verbascus for so long and couldn't get any seeds. Thank you!

The last of my cards and seeds went out today. (Unless, I just decide I have to be an elf to someone else before Christmas!)

From kerai I received a wonderful card and coreopsis grandiflora seeds. Thank you!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kathy, thanks for sharing the wonderful stories..I truly beleive that is what the "spirit" of Christmas is all about..and I really wish more people would dig deep into their hearts and understand that...although there are 150 wonderful people HERE that have truly shown they know what Christmas really means...

Angie, I am soo glad you joined the swap, you have given soo much all year to others, I thought you deserved some thanks, and then I hear you are giving even more...I am so thankful to have friends like you...((hug)) ( I will email you later)

sonnergrm...are ya kidding. not worthy of reading....most people that give, dont like to have any attention for it...I know, I am like that...BUT WOW you do soo much good for others..It is just wonderful !! If it is ok, once our income tax comes in, I would love to donate some material.

I agree with all dirtdiggin said....I really wish more people would give, instead of worrying about how much they can get or have.

Thanks to all of you, for sharing....it is so nice to see the "good" in the world, I always said if the news stations would just report on the "good", the world would turn around.

Now, I have been MIA all day, my ISP was down, they had some electrical problem, I was going crazy with no computer...LOL So, please forgive me if I havent emailed you back today.

I recd some more wonderful cards today, I cant that you all enough !!

Fran, your card was the only one I had trouble receiving, so PLEASE let me know if It is missing anything...

cinnamon basil ( I am soo excited to get this one !!)sunflowers; lemon queen, apricot twist, strawberry blonde, lemmon queen, chianti hybrid, autumn beauty, vanilla ice, and mammoth russian....WOW, I will have THE best sunflower garden to look at this summer YIPPPPEEEE !! Thanks Bunches.

A secret Santa, sent me some help for Christmas...I think it could be my WS buddie, and if so (((hug)) and much thanks !

Dorothy sent me a cute card, so happy looking, with yellow canna, OHHH I cant wait to get them growing, thanks !!

Frances, sent me a really cute card, with purple hyacinth bean vine, and red trumpet honeysuckle...thanks so much ! I wish you the best in the new year !!

Paula sent me a zinnnias, gaillardias, and canna mix...I am so itching to start sowing, thanks soo much !!

Kamil...we had spoke a bit thru email, and then I recd a wonderful box from him today. Kamil, I was thrilled, and I am gonna need a little guidance on how to keep the plants alive, until I can get online to read all I need to know.

Kamil grows carnivorous plants, and was generous enough to share..I will have a new passion, I can see it now...LOL Also there was two air plants, which I havent grown since I left Fla !! Also a real cute ceramic pot, with Christmas greens, glitter, and docorations..I will keep this near my bed so I can enjoy it all day...Did you make it ? There was also some everbearing rasberry cuttings, and more seeds ....this really shows how great things come in small packages. Thanks for being so giving, and generous..Now please teach me how to keep the babies alive, I would feel awful If I kill them !

I know I keep saying THANKS, but I dont know how else to let you all know what this swap has meant to me...YES, I recd some wonderful plants, bulbs, and seeds..YES, I recd some wonderful help, so my kids could have a holiday...BUT that isnt what means the most to me......Your kindness, generosity, and friendship mean more to me then words can say...I would love to come and give you each an individual hug, and enjoy a cup of tea (or coffee)

I lost most of my friends and aquantence, and contact with others almost 3 years ago, due to a car accident, I dont get out much, and this site, and all the friends I have made...has kept me from being depressed. I just want you all to know...I appreciate you ALL SO MUCH !!!

My daughters favorite saying is "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade ", she got this from a little girl named Alex, that she befriended..that had cancer..some of you may have heard of Alex's Lemonade Stand...sadly, Alex passed away but kids all over the world have kept giving in her honor..I am thankful my daughter is one of them..and I thank Alex for being such an influence on my daughter.

Soo, please remember....Life can get bad..but there is always others, that have it worse.

Ok, I am done...LOL Love ya all, thanks so much !!

Kym

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed Swap 4 ( thank you and games)

Q

Comments (150)
    Today I received another card! According to the note written on the envelope, it was delayed due to the zip code being incorrect, but at least it made it! Thank you Kathy (katkni) for the very pretty cardinal card and seeds. I received lemon basil (I've been looking forward to trying this!), calendula, black cumin (sounds interesting), and cosmos. Thank you so much! P.S. Although a bit late, I finished my rate and reviews for everyone I received from today. Thank you all! Mandy This post was edited by l1oness on Thu, Jan 2, 14 at 19:41
    ...See More

UPDATE: secret santa seed swap thank you's and games

Q

Comments (150)
    Was gonna post this last night,...-sigh-...but,...once again I fell asleep at the keyboard. Sometimes this dang chair really is just way too comfortable. LOL! - Anywayyyyy,...sorry. Ahem,...now, to continue. Okay, so two days ago I received two more fantastic seed laden Christmas cards,... From tbbgardens (Trudy): A really nice, snowy card with a pair of Cardinal birds (my MIL's feathery fave), and YEAH,...Back Pearl Pepper seeds (another Wishlist BIGGIE!!), also Scarlet Creeper Vine (We have lots of chainlink fence here at our new place just begging for vines of all kinds, plus we also have an arbor out back), Hoya (Pretty! Flower stars!) and Anise Hyssop (From what I've read, this is one heckuva perennial herb! Great looks, great scent, and leaves for tea)! Never tried any of these, but now I'm sure gonna!! Thank you so very much Trudy, for the beautiful card and seeds, and for all the helpful information! :) From ruthz (Ruth, of course): A cool "Let it snow" card with a plastic window featuring simulated snow and a view of a jolly snowman, and no less than three more selections from my Wishlist!! Lemon Drop Pepper (Yessss!), more Black Pearl Pepper (Lovin' it!) and Eupatorium rugosum ‘Chocolate’ (Tallish, with purple-bronze leaves and white flower clusters - Niiice!! Thank you soooooo much, Ruth!! :) Cards and seeds received yesterday... From wishdesign (Jean): A cute "Share the joy of the season" card with a plush-toyish-looking reindeer offering symbols of the season as gifts. Now,...for the seeds (O Boy, O Boy, O Boy!!), first off, more Lemon Drop Pepper (Genetic diversity rocks,...who wants inbred peppers?! The more the merrier!!), Goji Berry (Majorly doing the Happy Dance!! Yeah baby!! Definitely a SUPER BIG TIME want from my Wishlist!!) and Indian Ginseng (Aswagandha - A medicinal herb for folks with insomnia, and the berries can be used as a substitute for Rennet in cheese making...totally rippin' cool!!). Thanks bunches, Jean!! Oh,...and the little red zippies, uber nice touch!! :) From missmojo (Lisa): A cool, handmade Christmas card, stamped with an image of holly and "Happy Holidays!", with purple Balloon Flower seeds (Yip-yip YES! My SIL only has blue,...guess who's gonna be wanting whose seeds now!! He-he!) Thanks a bunch, Lisa! :) Today's card... From dirtdaddy (David): How totally cool! An Elvis card! Could easily be the cover-art for The King's Blue Christmas single (if there ever was such)! - Ahhhh, now for the seeds! Man-O-man! More Black Pearl Pepper (Enough is never enough!!), more Lemon Drop Pepper (Like I said for Black Pearl), Thai Red Hot Pepper (Yeah! It's cold outside, stoke the fire!), Dr. Wyche's Yellow tomato (From the late Dr. John Wyche - Oooo, a real good one, to be sure!!), Jimmy Nardello Pepper (Sweet and light when eaten raw, classic Italian frying pepper, a favorite non-hot. - Hmmm, methinks a bit o' culinary experimentation is definitely in order), Bush Moon Flower (White Datura? We have Moon Flower vine, Morning Glory type.) Thanks loads, David!! :)
    ...See More

UPDATE: secret santa seed swap #6, thank you's

Q

Comments (150)
    Monica, Paula, Deb-Godsgardener, Theresa---wow, beautiful gardens, thank you for sharing your pictures. Theresa, you know your pics could make great Christmas cards or have they already? Deb, I'm saving your site, wish I was there at least in time for some lucious grapes, love em, all those tomatoes and roses, pink clematis, beautiful. No pictures yet, sort of poor-woman's garden, bird bath made from 4 cement blocks put together, holding a bottom tray from a large flower pot, refilled daily, gathering place for many critters besides the birds, platform bird feeder reinforced with clothes hanger wire---witholds the coons, always can see birds and butterflies, occasional stray cat...and most of the flowers still in bloom, guess our rewards for bad summers. Love those pictures and must run- just saw mailman pull over, smile. Bea WISHING BRIGHTNESS (have lots of the words stashed)
    ...See More

UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed swap thanks and games #6

Q

Comments (151)
    This is such a wonderful swap! Wonderful cards with warm holiday greetings and seeds for the new year! I can't believe it, but I received even more cards! You are all sooooo generous! From Margirta10 came a lovely snowman card with a snowman angel and "BELIEVE" on the front. Wonderful sentiment for this time of year! Inside were packets of Giant California mixed zinnias, white phlox, Pastel Carpet mixed alyssum and Tall Deluxe mixed snapdragons. Thanks so much - I love them all! A Happy Holiday stocking card came from Melinda/ilovefarac with one of my all time favorites --Hyacinth beans. woohoo! Thanks, Melinda! Karendee sent a hilarious card. Santa is standing with a shopping cart full of flowers and long shopping list. On the front it reads, "Seeds 'n Greetings!" Inside were another one of my favorites - mixed larkspur! Thanks, Karen! Funny larkspur story -- maybe some of you have had this happen to you... The first time the larkspur reseeded, it went outside the flower beds and into the yard a few feet from the original beds. Some of them were in such numbers that I went out and surrounded it with bricks so my DH wouldn't mow it down. I told him I was going to expand the flower beds - and that's what I did. Couldn't have had a better reason to expand the flower beds! Thanks so much for all the seeds and warm wishes! ~Kathy
    ...See More
  • margarita10
    15 years ago

Hi,

I believe I posted my thank you in the wrong place.

Today I received a card from dirt_under_my_nails

Triple Yellow Datura-cannot wait to grow this

Thank you so much

Margarita10

• plant-one-on-me
    15 years ago

Thanks Kathy and soonergrandma for sharing and everyone else. I decided to do something productive today and stop worrying for a little while and got my hands a little dirty. I planted my first 5 ws containers today...I would have done more but ran out of potting mix. So far I started asparagus, alpine strawberries, garlic chives, leeks and broccoli. We will be eating good next year thanks to some of my secret santas!

Kim

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Kym, it sounds right to me, I really don't know how many I sent. Some of all I had I know...lol.
    What do you mean? Trouble? What happened to my poor little card?

NO I STILL HAVEN'T found my stamps!

:( Fran

• jas_il
    15 years ago

I got two more cards and seeds.

Yesterday I got Montauk Daisy and a beautiful snowman card from Dorothy. Thank you so much. I can't wait to grow it.

Today I got a cute card of snowman with lots of glitter in it from Kiddo (Mealnie miller). I love glitter. I also got Clemetis - Jackmanii seeds. Thanks a lot.

Jasmine

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

I have been so touched by all of the personal stories everyone has shared. Soonergrandma, I think there is a special place in heaven for you! What you are doing brings hope in a world that is often filled with tragedy. I hope you know how special you are!!!

Kym, although I have my health, I do relate to your story. When we moved to Colorado, I left all of my family and friends behind. I love living here, but I miss them all so much. Now that we have three children, we can't afford a trip back home every year. I went home a couple of months ago for a family emergency, and ended up losing my Dad. At first, I lost interest in everything, but this swap has helped me to focus on others, instead of myself, and I'm thankful for that. I would like to ask for prayers for my siblings back home. Christmas will be especially difficult for them this year.

Even though DH thinks I spend too much time on GW, I feel connected to people here through our love of gardening. I've found that gardeners are very generous, caring people!

Bonnie

• mpmom
    15 years ago

Today I received 5 more cards with seeds, thank you so much "
    elf7 (Maria) marigolds, larkspur and hollyhock
    morguegirl (Amy) marigold, zinnia, bachelor button, cosmos and amaranthus, josephs coat.
    peaches20 (Nancy) marigolds and zinnias
    dimples31312 (Dorothy) birhouse gourds
    playintheyard (Annette) marigolds-tigereyes, cleome-sparkler bush, marigolds-pinwheel

thank you all
    Lesa

• ohsillyme
    15 years ago

Hey all you Wonderful Secret Santas!! More thank You's to go out!!

Suze62 - Large leaf Hosta
    divahethr -Jacobs ladder, scabiosa, calendula, hosta patriot, coreopsis, , rose campion, hardy hibiscus
    Lisam627 - gaillardia burgundy, blackberry lily
    Dorothy in GA - Joe Pye Weed Chocolate
    aphroditelaughs - red hibiscus, calendula, nigella, coreopsis

Thank You for making this one of the best Holiday seasons ever!
    Ohsillyme!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok, I just want to let everyone know......we had another 100 cards" plus" mailed out today.....so please keep checking the mailboxes..and PLEASE post when you receive.

A few people are getting worried that their cards arent being received...I really think the mail is slow...but keep an eye and let me know, k ?

I didnt hear any interest in the Bingo game...so I will hold off.

have a wonderful night, and keep warm !

Kym

• wind_red
    15 years ago

OMG!!! I got another one today!!
    thank you elf7 for sending me this wonderful christmas tree and wonderful seeds! ((((((HUG))))))

• isamae
    15 years ago

Frances I received your card today. Thank you for the coreopsis sweet dreams seeds and the cute snowman card! Melissa

• girlgardener_2007
    15 years ago

today i received 3 cards with seeds.
    thanks dorothy for the "chocolate" joe pye weed
    heather thanks for my palm and joe pye weed seeds
    becky thanks for my dahlia seed and s.a. clematis seeds
    if santa bring me some bromeliad seeds i will b blessed beyound measure. thanks guys i love you all!

• rbrady
    15 years ago

Yeah! When I got home from work and checked my mail and I received 2 more cards!!!! A lovely card from Michelle/mickrey with 5 packs of native seeds (I love them!) and a pretty card from Melanie/kiddo with a pack of Clematis serratifolia (which I can't wait to w/s).

This has been so great to have something in the mail besides bills!

Hey jaleeisa-we have the same employer! I work for Wally-world, too! This time of year it is sooo hectic for us, it just ruins the holidays for me. I work on the food side of a s/c.

Rhonda

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Kym, I have really enjoyed the games, so I'm up for Bingo, but not until friday probably as every spare minute is going into these homemade cards. I love doing them, but I may choose a less time-consuming method next time. The seed packets are homemade, too, to go with the cards. I will never under-estimate how much work making things by hand are in the future. I've never done anything like this before, so I had no idea! LOL

Also, more prayers are going out... this time for Bonnie's family...

I, too, have wondered if my cards are being received. I've seen only one person post on the thread. Another did write me by email to tell me, too, but I figure that others must have some of them, too, as they were all sent the same day except one. I figure we just aren't going to hear from everyone, but I'm sure they're appreciated.... at least I sure hope so... LOL

Blessings,
    Angela

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Angela, I want to make my own cards next year too, I 'INTENT' to do them throughout the year. This way I can spread them out and not have to do them a few weeks before the swap starts. Something to do on those oh so rare rainy days!

Kym, I total forgot about the bingo game...I so sorry. You KNOW I am scatter-brained!

:) Fran

• shropshire_lad
    15 years ago

Today I got 2 cards with seeds! Hooray!

From Dana (seedmama) I got: Sweet William, Beauty Berry, Agastache foeniculum, and Mexican sunflower! Thank you for all the wonderful seeds! Mexican sunflower is gonna look especially pretty in my beds!

From Sue (chemocurl) I got: Cockscomb, Solidago Fireworks, and more beauty berry (don't worry about it, Sue, I'd rather have too much beauty berry than none at all!). Solidago fireworks has been of particular interest to me, but I didn't put it on my want list...now I have no excuse not to try it this year!

Thanks to you both!

JJ

• elf7
    15 years ago

I received beautiful cards and wonderful seeds today from

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!maemae0312!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you Mary!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!suze62!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you Suzi!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dimples31312!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you Dorothy!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!poisondartfrog!!!!!!!!!!Thank you Alana!

!!!!!!!!!!!!chemocurl!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you Sue!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fcofill!!!!!!!!!!!thank you Frances!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!paulan70!!!!!!!!!!thank you Paula!!!!!!!!!
    I am very grateful, i hope you all have a wonderful
    holiday season.
    maria elf7

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

I got another card today!
    From Amanda(spookycharles)
    Ornament Black Pearl pepper
    Dutchman's pipevine
    Bush Morning Glory
    4 O'clocks.
    Thank you so much!
    Dorothy

• suze62
    15 years ago

Howdy,
    Heather(divahethr)
    Thank U 4 the Maltese cross,Ev-primrose,Lantana,Columbine,Dahlia mix,Lavender &Celosia.
    Elf
    Thank U 4 the Celosia,Ev-primrose,Blk eyed susan & Zinnias.
    Ev 1 have a great night:)

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WOW, what a day we have had here...the computer was out all day (ISP), finally get it on, and the power goes out..so that is why I am behind on posting..and everytime I would get on, the computer would go off again..LOL

**********12 days of Christmas******* Day 9

What is the name of Scrooge's deceased partner in ' A Christmas Carol'

What two reindeer are mentioned in the song " Here Comes Santa Clause"

What was the little boys name who stayed home in the movie " Home Alone"

What fabric is Frosty's Hat made of ?

OK, I hope you are enjoying the questions... PLEASE REMEMBER TO EMAIL ME THE ANSWERS ON THE 13TH, THANKS!

• seiko_gw
    15 years ago

I got another card again!

Thanks plantman50 (James) for Columbine (yellow-red), melon (Honey I Dew), Grate lakes lettuce, Tomato Delicious and Asparagus (U-C157 F2) seeds.
    I can't wait to WS them!

- Seiko

• intelkid
    15 years ago

I really liked how someone was helping a lot in the stories. They really are great! I think I read from someones post about a hospital. Well yesterday I got a hospital bill over 3 grand due to tests end of last month I had to go through at 3am unexpectedly. I was shocked how simple tests and monitors made this price! It was EKG & CT Scans. This program is suppose to cover me and pay for it all, b/c no way I can. I'm hoping it's only b/c it hasn't went into the systems yet to scratch me off for money! I'm suppose to go to a bigger hospital to get EEG done to make certain I'm fine.. and was nothing more than a bad spell... I hope so much. But I'm fine, mostly.. I feel that I can't breathe as well couple times a day. Maybe I think I am when it's not. I rather think that way! The thing is.. I'm just 27. But.. I'm hoping this program will pay for it all for me. That would be a great Christmas gift. lol

I didn't want to talk about this much, b/c I don't want anyone to worry b/c it would make me worry! So I'm hoping they would clear the bill for me, instead of adding more weight to problems. That would be a great Christmas gift relieving a new debt!

By being here with you all in this swap I appreciate a lot. It helps keep my mind off my "problem" and enjoy the swap and games. :) Especially meeting new friends, sharing gardening experiences, and the good times & the bad times.

-David

• taz56
    15 years ago

Hi! I received another card
    today! A great big Thank you
    to Kiddo for the luna mix
    hibiscus and card! Made my
    day! Smile!
    Susan/taz56

• msmacgyver
    15 years ago

David hospitals are notorious for being late with bills. My son was three years old when we got the bill for his birth. DH had cataract surgery in June. The insurance company, the VA and Medicare all play their little games to see who will have to pay the least. He just got the notice today that his bills are all paid in full. DH was also taken to the hospital by ambulance in August so we are sure itll be at least two more months before those bills are paid. If I were you Id call the billing dept. and ask what the status of your bill is then try to relax and enjoy the season. I am adding you to my prayer list as well. Be well
    Bernie

• threas
    15 years ago

I am really enjoying reading all the posts. I feel so fortunate, being part of this wonderful group of gardeners!

Kym, Bingo sounds good to me!

Thank you so much, April(dirt_under_my_nails). I got Thunbergia alata"Salmon Shades".Can't wait to grow this!

Theresa

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

I see we have a couple more prayer requests... I will be praying for sure... I think many of us have some bigger "presents" we're hoping for for Christmas. I pray we each get what we need/want. I can already see so many of my own personal prayer requests coming to my family in just the last few days that I'm in awe! I am humbled, too, because I think the giving spirit that was started with this swap has started to make a full circle... that's the way it works, and I just feel incredibly blessed!

My number one special thing that happened was that my daughter, Hannah, came back home from the hospital this time WITHOUT another appointment to go back! That's the first time in well over a year that that has happened! Thank you to those of you who were praying for her!

I also got out more cards... I am soooo happy to be doing these... I wish I could have sent to every single person!

Blessings,
    Angela

• auntnawnee
    15 years ago

I think about the ones i sent to and didn't post here whether they recieved or not.I want to know if they arrive okay or not and if they liked what I sent..
    This is such a sweet thing to be doing...Getting seeds from others and a card too..For me,just the card alone from clear across the country or even a neighboring state is a big thrill.Lol,I didn't realize that there were that many datura growers out there till I started getting seeds from the very generous folks here..Happy Holidays and may 2009 be our best growing year ever!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Good Morning all,

I have contacted everyone that expressed an interest in the veggie seeds and will mail them out as part of this swap.

I hope you all enjoy growing and EATING what you end up with!

Have a good day
    Lisa

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Just wanted to say I have enjoyed all the posts finding out the many wonderful things received, the the heart warming stories. I have also added several folks to my prayer list.

Monday (yes I am behind as usual)I received yet another wonderful card from proudgm/Becky.
    It was stuffed with blue vine milkweed, Lunaria, cosmos, hibiscus, and numerous varieties of celosia, marigolds, and poppies along with other goodies...for a total of 13 packs. What a wonderful and appreciated surprise!

Thanks Becky.

Sue

• tergrov
    15 years ago

hey got two more cards yesterday thanks so much to nancy -peaches20 - for the penstemon there great had a prob with the bird of paradise i jess the seed was to big to go threw the rollers at the post office it popped out of the envelope it didnt make it to me it must be my luck cause i wanted one so bad some one sent me bird of paradise seeds before they turned out to be mamosa seeds' but the tought was wonderful and i thank you so much
    thanks so much to angel lady for the delphinium pacifc giants love it & lupin russell's im getting impataint i want to run out and plant lol

• vikingkirken
    15 years ago

Ha! =) I sent Angelady an email about doing a possible trade, and then the next day I received a Secret Santa card from her with lupine, kale, and bunching onions... the onions were one of the two things I was wanting to trade for! And lupine and kale were both on my trades page. So sweet to check that for wants when she didn't have anything on my wish list! And she sent a beautiful homemade card, too. Angela is the best trader!

Lori

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

David,I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers also.:)
    I hope the bill gets cleared up,it is ridiculous that someone should be "punished" for trying to take care of themselves! My Best Friend went in for an MRI on her brain the week before last,she has supposedly good insurance through her hubbies work (USPS...go figure!),well she found out that the insurance was only going to cover $400 and because of a deductible,she is responsible for $1200!!!! They wanted her to bring $600 with her to her appointment! Can you believe that? they are switching their insurance needless to say. She almost did not have the test done because of the money,her family and I talked her into going anyway,but it made me think of how many people don't go for important things like this because of the cost! :(

Angela! I am SOOOOOO Happy to hear of the good news for Hannah! That had to be music to your ears! :)

• tergrov
    15 years ago

im trying to post my pic haveing trouble figuring it out

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    15 years ago

I received two cards yesterday!

White Asters (one of my favorites!) from MSMACGYVER and
    3 varieties of coveted Hollyhocks from DEES! Have you two been checking my "wants" list? : )

Thanks so much to both of you for sharing your seeds with me!

It's so refreshing to read all of your stories filled with people sharing the Christmas spirit! Kathy...my eyes welled up when I read yours!

Lisa

• james_in_lapine
    15 years ago

I hope I am on the right thread this time to say thank you.
    I got cards from and would like to say thank you to:

Amy (No GMO) in PA for the Glacier Tomato seed.
    The Layton's in NJ for the Aunt Pat's Cherry Tomato seed.
    The Millers in TX for the Bird house gourd seed.
    And the West's in CO for the several packets they sent.

I have company driving in but will come back and write more later.
    James
    La Pine, Oregon

• medontdo
    15 years ago

Hi~
    sorry i am soooo late!! i've been having ubber tons of trouble with my labtop, it seems, that maybe my fan has been going out and then it has been doing some hardware damage, the good thing? well hubs laptop and mine is the same thing, except his is xp and mine is vista, so his hard drive an mine was interchangable, great, except that i i don't know how to change the fan part, LOL
    anywhooo!! **grin**
    congrats Angela!! i am so happy for you!! i didn't get to read all the posts, but i will pray that God will take care of all of my Secret Santa friends.
    we found out that we get to keep our kia, at a lower interest!! Woo Hoo!! now i am thrilled. 1 less thing to worry about!! **big smile**

the other day i received in the mail i think 3 cards and i box i will list them as i opened them, cuz of the kids, **onery grinn**
    i think this is how it went LOL now talla has taken off with the cards sooooooo **giggle**
    heather(divahethr)- she loved the happy feet card!! goji
    cape gooseberries, red currants, dragon fruits, spinach bloomsdale longstanding,

dimples31312-yellow datura

quiltingfox-marigolds, zinnia's, cosmo's for tabor, mg for talla, for me the most awesome hand made doily!! its sooo beautiful!! i will treasure the sentiment behind this!! i hope i'm getting this out right!! LOL **smile**

daffodillady-carmen tapes, carmen cd, judy jacobs cd, yesteryear book, here's lily book, mug with the psalms 46:10 "be still for I am GOD" How cool is that?? **smile**
    and a pic frame with the thing inside it says as for me and my house we will serve the Lord, Joshua 24:15, i didn't get that, Thank you!!
    ok i'm not done, and a smelly candle Yummy!! it makes my livingroom smell good!! and a candycane that say's jesus,
    for the kids, candy cane puffs, a mouse that tabor picked, with a longgggggg tail. and a dalmation dog that talla picked, a bag of chocolate that we gave to hubs, and talla ate every single one, little wigglet!! **grinn**
    she also sent a cute little ladybug windchime, awwwww!! i love it!!
    anddd a shell like thing or sand castle like thing that fairies live in. that's what we decided!! **huge smile**
    thank you all for the awesomely beautiful cards that you all sent!! talla adores cards for some reason, she collects them and hides them away, and when she has her quiet time, she looks at them, and "reads" them!! LOL
    Thank you so very much!!
    ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) we are just so very happy that you are so willing to share with us, and that you you took the time to make that beautiful doily!! OMGoodness!! ~medo

• taz56
    15 years ago

Oh! my goodness!
    I received a card and seeds
    today! My,My,My!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Heather/divahethr
    You are a sweetie! I received
    Daylily,mixed hibiscus,datura,
    check it out yippie drum roll,
    Flying Saucer m.g. and DESERT
    ROSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do you see the SMILE on my
    face from ear to ear!!!!!!!!:)
    Thank you & God Bless you! :)
    Susan/taz56

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

tergrov bird of paradise DOES look like mimosa when it starts out. I have grown it from seeds txice and that is what the look like both times, as a matter of fact I have some growning now that I started this summer.
    I will check and see if I still have some if I do I will mail some to you.

TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS to post a pic from Photobucket ALL you have to do is copy (right click on it, hit copy) the link under the photo that says HTML code then paste (right click in the message window, hit paste) it into you message. IT WILL appear when you hit preveiw message.
    It is easy and if for some reason you can not get it email me I will help you, IF you have a messenger I will talk to you there. I have both yahoo and MSN.

:) Fran

• tergrov
    15 years ago

ncgardengirl thanks for the info i still have them growing i was about to give them to a friend im glade i didnt i tough they would look like a cannon when they started growing thanks for info

• appaloosa909
    15 years ago

Thank you to Sueirish for the lovely note, butterfly bush seeds and 4 O'Clock seeds.

Happy Mailboxing Everyone!

Andrea

• spookycharles
    15 years ago

I'm so glad to hear that the seeds I sent out are making it to their new homes and two more cards with fantastic goodies have arrived to my home.

Alana (poisondartfrog), thank you so much for the Argemone! I've really been wanting to try some of these but have been having a heck of a time finding seed. And the Pentapetes phoenicia, oh my goodness - this is the first I've heard of this species but as soon as I received the seeds I started reading everything I could find on it and this is most certainly my kind of plant. How absolutely gorgeous and I'm obsessed with the Monticello gardens and Jefferson's work as a gardener so it's so perfect. And last, but most certainly not least, the Ipomoea nil 'Sunrise Serenade' - this looks like an absolutely stunning variety. I'm doing a fence of Ipomoeas next season and this will look gorgeous there.

Maria (elf7), thank you so much for the gorgeous card and the round carrots are absolutely perfect! They grow fantastically in the rocky soil here and I also love to grow them in containers and hanging pots. They're incredibly amusing. And I'm putting in a cutting garden and very much look forward to growing the dahlia zinnias there.

~Amanda

• carol57078
    15 years ago

I received 3 cards in the mail yesterday. One from Paulan70 with wave petunias and delphiniuns. Another from poisondartfrog with snapdragons and Yvonne's salvia and last one from chemocurl with tomatoes, butterfly bush, royal red and lavender and crazy daisy. Everyone has been so generous and I thank each and everyone of you. I have gotten so many things from my wish list and am so excited. This has been the most rewarding swap. Thanks to everyone, Carol

• tergrov
    15 years ago

hi i put hte wronge file the first time this has a of my flowers in it take a peek

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

A card today!
    fcofill sent me three great vines-Trumpet Honeysuckle, Red Cypress Vine and Campsis radicans. My hummingbirds will think they are in heaven! Thank you!
    Alana

• soonergrandmom
    15 years ago

proudgm - Thank you so much. I just can't wait until January so I can start trying to wintersow.

Becky (prodgm) sent me Morning Glories and Red Cypress for my new trellis, for-get-me-nots, and 8 (yes 8) packages of cosmos in every color I have ever thought of. Thanks so much. Carol

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

I went mailboxin today and found another card! April, dirtundermynails, sent black eyed suzi vine - salmon shades. April, I think you sent me the white bes vine that I grew last summer. I absolutely loved it! I can't wait to see what the salmon looks like! THANKS and Merry Christmas! Nikki

• dirtygert
    15 years ago

Yesterday (Tuesday the 9th) I received a card from chemocurl with (yahoo!) tomato seeds, a packet each of "Romeo" and "Striped Stuffer". I have never before grown tomatoes from seed --- so haven't enjoyed the glory of really great-tasting tomatoes --- and am looking forward to it this year. Thanks, Sue, for giving me these. I will winter-sow them and think of you as I enjoy them next Summer.

Ahhhh ... Summer. Mama always said you shouldn't wish your life away --- but this cold, dark evening has me pining for green grass, blue sky and a long, golden Summer day.

Kathie

p.s. Eight cards went out today, the balance go out tomorrow. Sorry, Kym, that I'm so late in getting my Santa chores done.

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Three wonderful cards today! This is getting addicting!

From elf7 I received creeping thyme, hollyhock and zinnia mix dahlia. These zinnias may become my new favorite!

From Suz62 I received coreopsis Early Sunrise. Love coreopsis!

From dan_the_mailman_ and Bump (aka the brownie guy!) I received a beautiful handmade card that made my day. Our Dan is quite artistic! I really like the fact that he made it out of black cardstock. A man after my own heart! I saw black Christmas ornaments for the first time this year and wanted to buy them so badly. I figured the rest of my family would freak out. And I would really need a white tree to put them on (which I don't have). Yeah, I know, I'm weird. Dan, please tell Bump that I wish him a Meowy Christmas and give him a rub on the head from me.

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We have filled yet another thread......please go to #8.

thanks to you all for such a wonderful swap.......

look for thread #8, so we can keep posting, thanking, and enjoying friendships !!

*******THIS THREAD IS CLOSED*******************