SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cfldoc

Central Florida Fall Tomatoes

Somewhat new to central Florida vegetable gardening, being a Pennsylvania transplant. Had a spring crop of tomatoes and tried a limited number of varieties. I was most impressed with the taste of the cherry "Sungold". Had tons of fruit on BHN 640 but I am not sure the taste was to my liking. "Better Boy" tasted better as did "Giant Paste" but not too many fruits. Had great brussels sprouts and broccoli from last Fall and Winter. I am enjoying learning the Florida ropes! For the Fall tomato attempt I am trying 14 different types:

Sungold

Black Cherry

Black Plum

Cherokee Purple

Red Brandywine

Crnkovic

Rutgers

Homestead

Arkansas Traveller

Giant Paste

Solar Set

Sun Master

Marmande

Tiffany

Plants have been in the ground since the beginning of August and are looking very good, but soaked now for 2 days by storm Fay. It has also knocked over my corn, which is just beginning to tassel. I added some grower's mix, composted cow manure, epsom salts, and Epsoma organic fertilizer to each hole. Not sure what varieties will do best here, so trying a few and I will let the board know how it goes. Right now only Rutgers and Sungold have a few blossoms. All plants are the same age. Greetings to the board, this is my first post.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES