SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Still tomatoless, I have questions

alisande
16 years ago

A bit later in the season than I used to plant, I bought two cherry tomato plants from someone whom I later discovered is not noted for accurate labeling. One was Black Cherry and the other supposed to be Koralik.

The plant labeled Koralik is a sprawling plant (it pulled over its cage) loaded with green cherry tomatoes. It's covered! But they've been there for some time, showing no sign of ripening. Does this sound like it's a Koralik?

The Black Cherry is apparently what it's suposed to be. During our three days of rain this week, one of the tomatoes ripened (and split), and it definitely had a dusky color. But it has been an exceedingly modest grower. Just recently it put on some new growth, but it has a total of 12 tomatoes! Is this typical for Black Cherry? I was hoping for a nice crop because I've heard such great things about this tomato.

Other than praying for warmer weather and a late frost, is there anything I can do to encourage production in one tomato and ripening in the other?

Thanks!

Susan

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County