SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pastlife_gw

anyone in central valley, ca??

pastlife
12 years ago

I live in Stockton. I have a reasonable amount of space so I am trying to grow some organic fruit/veggies to save at grocery store. Most of my ground space is taken up by the squash, zucchini, cucumbers, beans, and peppers. I have some tomatoes in the ground as well but most of the are in containers.

Am having most trouble with my CONTAINER tomatoes. The ones in pots(5 gallon) are Green Zebra and Yellow pear. They grew well for a few weeks after transplant, but then leaf margins started to curl and cup upwards, browning/yellowing, and eventually dieing. I have been watering well every morning.

I though maybe they ate up all the nutrients in the soil(Kelloggs patio plus) so I added some Dr. Earth liquid solution to a watering(NPK:333,all purpose liquid plant food.) And I think that I burned them. I follwed the labels directions exactly.

Anyone in Stockton, CA growing ORGANIC tomatoes? I need some experienced advise.

I am going to school for horticulture but book smarts don't help much. I am lacking in experience.

Comments (8)