SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
antoniad2002

Please help me identify my problem

Antoniad2002
10 years ago

Hello I am very new to this, this is my very first year growing tomatoes. I have read through the post and I am not really seeing what I have. So I am sorry if it has already been asked.

We started with three tomato plants and all had this same look to them. The leaf will start to turn yellow and then the edge of that leaf will turn brown. Not brown spots on the leaf. It start on the cherry tomato plant and I started picking off those leafs but it would still move to other leafs (on the same leaf branch) so I started picking off those leaf branches and before long I had no leaf branches left. We got maybe 20 cherry tomatoes from that plant, which to me is nothing. Now that plant has nothing growing on it at all.

This is our third and last tomato plant and I am hoping to save this one. It is starting to do the same thing so not sure if I should pick the leafs or not. This tomato plant is called a mortgage lifter heirloom. All three of our plants weren't planted until the third week of June, we weren't sure if we were going to try it this year.

They are on our balcony/deck in a 25quart bucket (6 gallon) and get sun from 11am to 5pm and then partly shady until the sun goes down. I have been watering them daily but not heavily, and of course if it is raining I don't. Which we have had a lot of rain this summer.

I have feed them 3 times since the two weeks after planting them (third week of June)

We did have a problem with the green hornworm at the beginning but I hand picked all 12 from the three plants and I havent seen them again.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Antonia

Comments (6)