SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brittneysgran

UPDATE: 11,100 Traveling Daylilies Group

brittneysgran
15 years ago

Well it is now Fall and our Traveling Daylilies Group is approaching another new year. We do trade for other plants besides daylilies but I guess daylilies is where our hearts are. I know it's amazing for me to walk through my yard each Summer and see all the beautiful daylilies from all my gardening friends. I'm almost sure I have plants from all States now.

If you would like to join this amazing group please let Marea or someone else in the group know and we will tell you how you can become a member.

Shirley

Comments (101)

• mareas
    15 years ago

I will, Dianne!

I did get my secret Santa box mailed out tonight, so hopefully somebody will be very happily surprised very soon...

Oregon & Washington has a terrible Artic blast going on & it's currently 23 degrees outside & the whole world is literally covered in ice.
    My RV water system froze solid, but luckily, H. was able to replumb it today. brr. If the electricity goes out, H., me & the 5 cats will have to write bad checks or something to stay in a motel, so I'm praying we don't get one of those ice storms/silver thaws like Anita gets all the time..

Pray ya'll in the East are not having to go through enduring those blackouts & are doing OK!!

Old ignored Marea

• budsnblooms
    15 years ago

Things here at home have slowed down a bit. I have been spending some time at my son and dil's house, babysitting. Sometimes I meet them half way (about an hours drive)pick up the baby, babysit at our house, and then drive back to meet dil to give her back Gunner to finish her trip home (about 1 1/2 hour).

I've also sponsored the Christmas party for my sisters and their families, my children and their families, plus a few friends thrown into the mix. This means much planning for menus, where to put everyone that needs to stay over night, gift giving/opening, etc. That was Sat. night. My children and their families will return Christmas Eve, stay overnight, open gifts Christmas day then my son and dil will leave about 11am to go to Ohio for her families Christmas dinner and get together. But except for a couple of short shopping trips and getting the house back in order, and cooking Christmas Eve dinner, I am about done with all the work.

I was so shocked and upset to see that Gloria has had a heart attack. I am getting something together to send her and hopefully she will receive it before Christmas.

Melinda..I saw that you have been ill. I was glad to see that your spirits remained high and you could spare thought and prayers for others. I know the last couple of years have been especially hard for you physically. But we are getting ready to start the new year and hopefully this one will bring you good health and happiness.

Anita...I am so sorry that I couldn't complete the santa swap with you. I just had more that I could deal with at the time. Luckily I was able to let you know before you got a box out to me. Best Wishes for a better, healthier New Year for you too.

Miss M~...Good wishes going your way from your southern sounding friend (grin). For my TD friends...I sound very different than I write (just ask Anita). When I recently got a call from Marea (don't be surprised if you hear from her too)she thought I sounded so cute...she put me on speaker phone so Herb could hear me too. Sorry to hear that the weather is so bad there. It is cold and we have a couple of inches of snow but most of the ice missed us this time.

I don't know when I will get another chance to get on the PC, so I am going to wish everyone the Happiest Holidays you have ever had. I'll try to get pictures posted of last weekends get together.

Big Christmas Hugs to All,
    Debbie

• Related Discussions

update: update: 10,700 traveling daylilies

Q

Comments (103)
    Hi everyone! Well the garden tour was Wednesday and last evening we got to tour all the other gardens on the tour. It was alot of fun once the major work was done! My DH said my gardens had never looked so good! I admit I did stress a little over the weeds! Now I can relax a little and enjoy the rest of summer! My DLs were just starting to bloom but the Asiatic and Oriental lilies were really putting on a show! I will post some pics of the tour soon. Shirley, I am glad to see the trade is still on and I am now ready! Melinda, I will be out of town starting on Friday, July 18-22 so lets just wait till after then to ship my trade, OK... unless it will get here before the 18th??? Ellen are you going to be away anytime? I am so ready to trade again!I have not done any this summer D/T the garden tour. Marea, I will email you soon about our pending hosta trade! Annette, Hope we can finish our Valentines trade now, too. We are going to the Lakehouse either today later or tomorrow. It is a nice get-away! I hate to complain but we could really use a good rain. Our corner of the state is about the only place in Iowa that was not hit with the flooding. Well back outside to pick out some plants to send to Ellen! Mary
    ...See More

UPDATE: 9900---Traveling Daylilies

Q

Comments (100)
    Hi TDLs - The sad news of Carmen's death hurt so. She was hoping to beat the cancer and was to young to leave this beautiful world. We're pottering along. Things take me a long time with my left hand now in a splint. It's still about as limited as it was in the cast. Today and yesterday we set out Dianthus at the top of our rocky bank with a thirsty maple at the top. Not many flowers prosper there, but we've finally found a short list that do. We have these daylilies in bloom: Strange Eyes Happy Returns Black Eyed Stella Courtly Love Forsyth Lemon Drop Navy Blues Bertie Ferris Small Gesture Breakfast at Tiffany's Olive Bailey Langdon Mimosa Umbrella Barbie Doll Shelby Charmer Sanford House Raindrop Sure is pretty for a new garden! Talon is getting big fast! Maybe you do have a linebacker there, Dawn! He is such a handsome baby. You three make the cutest family! I'll try to post more later. Hugs all around Barb
    ...See More

UPDATE: traveling daylily angels 5500 send & get daylilies

Q

Comments (100)
    Hey ya! I hope everyone had a nice long weekend to enjoy. Beautiful weather here! Sherri, wish I could keep her this size. MaryB, a diagram for you :). Lots more stuff in there not pictured. Brugmansia 'Creamsickle' three blooms on a heat stressed plant and Coleus 'Lava Rose'- my favorite coleus this year. My business is slow as expected when starting out. I have a partial website (go figure?), my license, business cards. Made a bag with my logo on it that I carry around. I have about 6 websites going right now. Enough to pay the business bills. BTW, Gloria I have a bill for you coming your way today :). Love ya, Hottie! CindyO, you are about 350 miles for me, well duh, I guess you already know how far. I would love to come! I can drop my back seat in the Blazer and make lots of room, but I would have to leave the kids with you so I could haul the loot back home. Love that seedling of yours! I just picked the last of the seedpods yesterday. Now we have about 1000 seeds to figure out where to plant. Marea! YAY, a tropical! Diane, got your test email. Debbie, happy B-day! Miss Susan, have you and Dan gone off and got married without us? The Stapelia you sent me last year is about to bloom any day now. I may be cussing you soon :). Anita, your in my thoughts. Deni, if you can read this, you are the most thoughtful and generous soul! ~Canna
    ...See More

UPDATE: 10,200 Traveling Daylilies

Q

Comments (101)
    Oh Mary! I rushed right to the other office in this warehouse complex as soon as I read that - the box WAS delivered to that business last Friday. That receptionist doesn't like my looks I guess - she will not even bother to call me when boxes are misdelivered there (often) let alone open the door & let me know when i walk right by her window in the mornings to my mailbox on the highway. Grrr. I was angry just now so forwent offering her money to let me know like I'd planned on. Anyhow - what a magnificent box!! ~TWO loves of cranberry orange bread with golden raisens with recipe + 2 others (going to be the highlight of my Thanksgiving, i can tell already. How cool to send the recipe, too. I'm going to try the Pumpkin Crunch Custard and Squash & Apples, too. Yum) ~A years subscription to horticulture!! Thank you very much! My subscription had run out & I'm so happy I will get more. ~Fig & Brown Sugar handsoap that smells delicious on my hand as I type. I love it! ~Mixed nuts - heavenly ~A Cadbury cramello bar - decadent & one of my favs ~Blushing Beauty tulips, which were on my wishlist, to force, along with a HUGE Amaryllis 'Aphrodite' for Christmas!! I have a thing for these too, even sprouted a sdlg this Summer. ~TWO kinds of kitty treats and TWO fun toys these are the BEST! ~TWO cards. The thankful note is going to be taped to my bathroom wall so I will read it every morning & never be depressed again. And she gave me a beautiful primitive countryside thanksgiving card that adds, oh by the way, I'm sending you 'PLAYING WITH SHARKS' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you Mary! thanks for everything ****** Roxy ~ The Red Lion Amaryllis you sent me is blooming beautifully for Thanksgiving, I am thankful for you, too.
    ...See More
  • brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Melinda-It was I who got your wonderful package...Thanks so much.
    I received:
    Rose Of Sharon Seeds-Lavender Chiffon, White Chiffon, and Blue Satin (Just in time for winter sowing)
    Ferrero Prestige Candy (The best of the best...Yummy)
    Ornament- Dear God I just love Christmas (How cute)
    Amaryllis- Pink Diamond (Love Love Love Amaryllis..thanks)
    Christmas Card
    Stocking - Packed with Poinsetta dish towels, and pot holders. (I'm always entertaining so really needed these)
    Recipes - Apple raisin bread, german slaw, cornbread salad
    Bone - For Hanna....who thanks you from the bottom of her heart.

What a wonderful box Melinda...Thanks again. Hope everything goes well on the 29th with those areas around the lungs. Please let us know when you find out.

Debbie-Thanks for sharing all your great pictures with us.
    I'm envious of all those babies. Dawson will be 5 his Birthday so I sure would like another little one about now.

Dianne-Glad your box got to you on time. I was sweating the fruit plaque and hoping it didn't get broken. Yeah the PO did good. I will send you the daylilies in the Spring.

Sure wish I could visit Gloria, actually Gainesville is only 1 1/2 hours from where I live. I went by the exit a couple of weeks ago but didn't know at the time about the heart attack. Prayers for her and her family.

Night all

Shirley

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Well, I am glad you rec'd your box and liked it! It was fun, but I forgot some of the little things for the stocking! Don't know what I was thinking! I will send them along now that you know who it is from.
    I am feeling better, but still so very tired and continuing to have some wheezing and shortness of breath. But so much better! Hurt alot of the time in my back area there but figure it will go away in time.
    I do hope everyone is doing wonderful and getting ready (or are ready)for a great Christmas! I am way behind, but will be ok! Plan to finish my stuff on Friday! But unusual for me as I like to have my Christmas shopping done and made by December. Then I can concentrate on decorating and cooking! But we will all be together ( the small amount we have become!) and all will be grand!
    Take care everyone! Merry Christmas! Melinda

• pchanggeo
    15 years ago

Oyyyy... I've been so busy. I managed to send out my box on Tuesday, so it's on the way to someone :).

Debbie, thanks for sharing the photos.

Melinda, glad you're doing better. I hope our Mamabear is better too.

I have not set up my popup greenhouse and now I'm regretting it... suppose to get close to freezing tonight, and it's wet too. My poor plants :(. I have the plumerias huddled around the heater along with my wormies.

I can't believe it's only a week to Christmas and a couple of weeks to 2009!

• cheerpeople
    15 years ago

Brrr!
    Glad Melinda's on the mend and hope Gloria is too. :)
    Nice family pics, Debbie!
    Snapped some pics of the animals and frozen garden- until my fingers were too cold.

They are here:
    the sub album has a few garden shots- only a few so a quick download.
    or here:
    http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/cheerpeople/December 08 animals/December 08 ice age/

Merry Christmas gang! Enjoy Jesus birthday in a peaceful way.
    Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: pics from today in Illinois

• cheerpeople
    15 years ago

I'm trying picassa. I reloaded them here and they are bigger and quicker-
    Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: fresh frozen pics from today

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Has anyone heard, how mamma bear is doing?Love goes out to her. maybe this new government thing will help with her house financing. Wish I could go visit her but just too far away. Paul the amaryllis you sent me is a blooming fool 7 blooms, how do you get them so big ? did you like your fudge ?My daughter is mad at me because I made you a batch and not her. she is in calfornia this week for her job.Merry christmas to all my special friends. hugs carol

• mareas
    15 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone!

• drgulley
    15 years ago

Marea - I hope things are warming up some there. Sounds like Herb is a real handy man. That's great.

Nice pictures Karen. Makes me cold looking at them though. :) I love the one with the cat holding the remote. Too cute.

Paul - I hope your plants will be ok. We do not get a lot of cold weather here usually in Texas so I hope that's the case for you too. If we do get down to freezing it doesn't stay that way long.

Has everyone finished up their shopping? I am close but not quite there yet.

Sounds like the rest of the boxes are on their way. It's hard to believe Christmas is next week. Where does the time go?

Merry Christmas everyone!

Dianne

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well the rain has finally stopped so the cold air could move back in. It's supposed to get down to 16 degrees Sunday night.

Karen-I'm with Dianne makes me cold to see the pictures. I like that kind of weather inside looking out. LOL

Dianne-I'm not quite ready yet with all the shopping but real close. I took My Granddaughter shopping one day this week and she picked all hers out so that really took a load off me. Wish everyone else would just do the same.

I have a list of Christmas stockings to finish. I crochet these Christmas stockings and my family all loves them. It is really a unique pattern and you can pick 3 colors of your choice to do the stocking in. I have made so many I thought I would have everyones made by now but they always want to do a newer and different colored one as time goes on. I tried the new colors of pink, brown and cream and it turned out beautiful. I was hoping to keep it for myself but my dear Granddaughter saw it and had to have it.

Shirley

• livelyhope
    15 years ago

Hi garden buddies.

Yes,Carol I did receive your pkg. But I have never seen it.
    I am sure I will love it.
    I fell and broke my hip on the 19th of Nov. I have been in the hospital and rehab center ever since. I am going to be here in rehab for another 2 or 3 weeks.
    It's hard to believe that it has been over a month,since I last posted.
    I have borrowed the REhab centers computer to post you.
    I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas

Miriam
    I wish everyone a Merry Christman.

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Oh my goodness! So sorry to hear that Miriam! I guess that is why I never heard whether you liked my Thanksgiving Box or not! I thought maybe you didn't like it!
    I wish there where things we could do for others when things go wrong. But know that I'll be thinking of you and praying for a full recovery!
    Maybe you can have a wonderful Christmas when you do get home and May next year be the best ever!
    God Bless! Melinda

• luvmybulbs
    15 years ago

I just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone! It has been a very long time since I have been on here.

Hope everyone is doing well and wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holiday season.

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Angie-What a nice surprise to see your post. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas. Would love to see you back in the group.

Miriam-Wishing you a speedy recovery. That was nice of the Rehab Center letting you use their computer. Sorry you will not be home for Christmas but the important thing is get well. Hugs coming your way.

Shirley

• cheerpeople
    15 years ago

Dianne-Shopping is about wrapped up- always something undone 'til the end.
    Shirley hugs back at yah!
    Miriam- that's too bad you are in the hospital!
    Merry Christmas to you too Marea and Melinda.

We are too snowy to get to church this am. About a foot on the ground and -12 and blowing!

20 new pics in an album called large lovely foliage. Captions if you open them. FWIW if you look at these and see the Gray treefrog- I just discovered this lovely singer is also the green tree frog! He can change color! I was somewhere - maybe youtube- and they have their song taped so you can here it. I love these little singers! Let me know if you hear their song at your house. They are so loud but cheery.

We also have the leopard frog which you can hear on youtube but I'm not sure if we have the northern or southern leopards since both songs sound familiar!

Ok I'll shut up- nice lights Marea!
    Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: large lovely foliage

• mareas
    15 years ago

Merry Christmas dear Angie!

Miriam, I am so sorry to hear about your fall! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with new friends there in the rehab center & that your family is able to spend time with you there, too. You have my prayers for a speedy recovery.

No news from Gloria. Her daughter hasn't answered by emails & still no answer at her hospital room... I sent her a bouquet of Stargazer lilies.

I was fascinated about your frogs, Karen! And thank so much for your Wintery Frank & horse photos! I don;t tell you enough, but I always love seeing your photos. Thought maybe a bit of Christmas cheer in our thread would be good. *grin*

• pchanggeo
    15 years ago

Hello everyone.
    I received my box from my Secret Santa... Mary S. As soon as I opened the box, I could smell the chocolate :). Box was full of M&M's and Reeses... yum. Also got some snowman tissue paper, caramel truffle coffee, a pig ear for our pooch (yes, she loves these things but only if we cut 'em up for her), recipes, salad blend mixed seeds, and puschkinia bulbs (never heard of these but the photo looks cool). She even included a photo of her turtle :). I also got a bunch of stuff that's nicely wrapped up that i'll open on Christmas. Thank you Santa Mary!

Miriam, sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you'll recover quickly.

Carol, we loved the fudge. Kids don't like nuts, so they just sucked on the fudge and spat out the nuts. I ate everything :). As for the secret to great Amaryllis bulbs, I buy 'em that way... lol.

Karen, your photos are always amazingly beautiful.

Merry Christmas to everyone... Ho Ho HO.
    Paul

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Wow!! I rec'd a fabulous box from Marea yesterday afternoon! I absolutely loved it all! I didn't wait until Christmas for mine! I opened everyone!
    I rec'd-package of flavored hot chocolates (love them!),
    2 little trains-that I absolutely loved and decided I would keep on a shelf!! Boys can come and play with them if they choose! , snowman figurine (very nice), a hanging basket with dish towel and 3 wooden spoons and 3 recipes-loved them all!, 3 beautiful bird ornaments with real feathers in there tails for the tree, 4 red apple ornaments for the tree, a beautiful wrapped package ornament for the tree, carmex lip gloss (just fixing to buy some more!), Burt's bee lotion, burt's bee res-q-ointment, round decorated santa box that held many of these items, beautiful decorated snowman stocking, lavender sachet, and a gift certificate for Wings of Angels daylily in the spring!!! Oh my gosh, I was like a kid in a candy store opening my box! I loved everybit of it! Thanks from the bottom of my heart! You made my day!!
    Everything was wrapped and had candy canes in the bows!
    Merry Christmas Everyone!!!
    Melinda

• mary_s
    15 years ago

Hi everyone!
    I just had to post about the fantastic secret santa box I received yesterday from Paul! I heard the mail truck and saw a package so I ran right out to get it! It has been real cold and snowy here lately so couldn't take a chance on something getting frozen!(Can some of you relate to that?)

Here is what was inside....
    Sun/Moon/Stars ornaments and cute lights shaped like trees
    Bayberry Tealights
    Snowman towel and hot mitt
    Ginger Spice shower gel and lotion in a cute little gingerbread boy bag (cannot wait to try these!)
    Sugar Cookie bubble bath and bath caviar
    Truffles...(my all time favorites!!!!)
    Martha Stewart holiday edition magazine (with a multitude of new recipes to try!)
    2 Amarylis "Clown" and a white one (I think I rescued them in time...the white one is growing!Did you get the "Clown" on the co-op, Paul? I see you on there sometimes)
    a cool card made from a print that he had painted...
    Thank you Paul for everything. Did Santa have help shopping? You did great!

It sounds like the weather across the country has been terrible! I hope your flowers did not freeze , Paul. Oh how I do envy your climate there right now!

We went to Minneapolis last Friday night for a Christmas gathering with my husband's family. We got there before the snow and blizzard started. It was real bad around here too! The Minnesota people are hardy folks and the snow did not slow them down for long! My son traveled there on Saturday from Des Moines and a 4 hour trip took him 6 hours....He was determined to go to the Minn. Vikings game. He said it was worth it even though they lost!

My thoughts and prayers to those who are ill or recovering.

Debbie (budsnblooms) Thanks for the nice Christmas card!

Merry Christmas everyone! Stay Warm! MaryS

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone! Fixing to have a house full in a few hours! We do the main thing this evening with the entire family and sometimes a friend or two! All gifts will be exchanged amongst ourselves! Santa will bring for the little ones in their homes tomorrow!
    We have large pot of venison chili, homemade potato soup. This has been every year while I was growing up! And we are carrying on. Will have lots of cheese and sausages, spreads, dips, etc. Also tons of candies, cookies, etc. A big smorgasbord of junk!! Lol! Lots of pictures, people, chaos, and mess! But most of all lots of Love!!!
    Thanks again to who sent Christmas cards and for my box from Marea! Hope those who don't make it home for Christmas can have a good one where they are! And then tomorrow will be a quiet, reflective day on the last year and have the formal ham and turkey dinner, etc.
    I wish everyone here the very best Christmas ever! God Bless! Melinda

• drgulley
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am glad that everyone has received their package by Christmas. Somtimes the mail can be so slow. You just never know. So it looks like this swap is complete. I have enjoyed hosting it and look forward to next year.

I hope everyone is doing well and has a wonderful Christmas. I have come down with a bug or something and have not been feeling well the last couple of days. This is a fine time for that to happen. LOL..

Merry Christmas!

Dianne

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Melinda-Your Christmas gathering sounds just like mine. My two children and their families always do our get together Christmas Eve night. It is now over and all are safely back home with one little one waiting for Santa tonight.

I had to work today so I had to really hustle to get our meal together in time. Somehow it always works out and you get it all done. I was really wanting a lap top computer and my DS bought me one. Now to figure out how to use it.

All the Christmas boxes sound so nice and thank you Dianne for hosting. It is raining here again, we had the driest Summer on record and now we get the rain.

Dianne-Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hope you have a speedy recovery from your bug.

Merry Christmas Everyone.

Shirley

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Merry Christmas to all of you and yours!

We had a lovely family dinner and white elephant swap at my brothers house last night.

This morning hubby and I turned up the Christmas music very loud at 8:15 am. The 'kids' got up and the presents were opened.

It will be a quiet rest of the day.
    sharon

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

To all the Good Little TD Girls and Boys!

• veeja11
    15 years ago

I hope all of our sickies are getting well quick !!Paul always sends awesome boxes, I got so busy I didn't get many christmas cards out so happy holidays to all. I love you all. tired, worn out ,covered in pine. Carol

• mamabirrd
    15 years ago

Merry Christmas!

Marea, thank you SO much for the beautiful email you sent a while back. The story and pictures are AMAZING! So inspiring. A real tear jerker too! To hug an eagle...wow.

MamaG........I am so very sorry to hear that you aren't feeling so well. I will be thinking about you and hoping for a report soon.

Like Carol, I didn't get many cards out this year either. But I wish each of you the happiest of holidays!

I will never be able to catch up at this point. I need a condensed version of the TD News. :)

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells........

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• livelyhope
    15 years ago

Hi to all. Best Wishes to everyone. Prayers to those that ill.

I want to thank Maria and Melinda for their get-well cards -it made my day. My husband brought them to me today.

Gotta go dinner is being served. I will probable be in rehab another 2 weeks.

Miriam

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Hey, did you all know that the Detroit Lions had a perfect Football season?! It set a record!
    0-16!!!!!!
    Never happened before and will probably never happen again.
    Sigh,
    sharon

• mareas
    15 years ago

Hooray Michigan's Detroit Lions!
    The Pittsburgh Steelers did good this year, too. I pay attention to them now because of our Dawn. *grin*

Will anyone join in with me in a January Seed Swap??

Was thinking a bubble envelope swap with 5 to 10 pkts of fabulous seeds, whole or divided pkgs, of 2007 or 2008 interesting garden visual or edible plant seeds....

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Melinda-I received more gifts from you and loved them all. I was tickled pink to get the gifts from a jar book. I saw one at Cracker Barrel once but didn't buy it for myself. I definetely want to try putting some together. Yeah
    The red Christmas socks, Christmas stationery, heart and cross key ring and the songs of christmas cd are all great gifts. I never tire of hearing christmas music. Thank you so much. Did the shortness of breath you were experiencing get better? Sure hope so.

Marea-Sign me up for your seed swap. Sounds like fun.

Miriam-Thinking of you today and hope the 2 weeks goes by very fast so you will be back home soon. Hugs to you

Shirley

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Hello everyone! Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
    Shirley-those were suppose to go in your stocking and I didn't realize I had left them out until I had already mailed! Glad you enjoyed them! I am doing better. Going back to work tomorrow(again!, only made it a week before had to stay home for awhile). I am still very tired. The xrays show the spots are going down but very slowly! Dr. said I am not going backward, but very slow going frontward. Doing some more labs and maybe they'll find something that will be fixed to make me feel better!
    Miriam, just 2 more weeks! That is great! Won't be long now!
    I would also like to join the seed swap! Melinda

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Marea,
    I see you follow sports as much as I do ...
    0-16 means zero wins, 16 losses. The Detroit Lions did not win a single game all season. LOL

Melinda, glad to hear the spots are getting smaller.
    Miriam, thinking of you and hoping the time flies by.

Put me in for the seed swap.

Got to go scape the snow and ice off the car now.
    sharon

• mareas
    15 years ago

Yep, as you all now know, I'm clueless about any of the ball games!
    Herb & I watch the Super Bowl & the final Masters golf game, but nothing else. Poor Detroit Lions!

I feel sad for you, Sharon, out there in the frozen dark scraping that car to go to work!
    But I would gladly do it if I could just get a job..

Dawn, was so grand to hear from you!

More prayers for your lungs to heal, dear Melinda. It sounds like you have a GREAT Doctor, though, to be so thorough.

January Seed Swap
    1 - Shirley
    2 - Marea
    3 - Melinda
    4 - Sharon

Happy New Year To All!!

• dirtpig
    15 years ago

Just stopping in to

Wish all a New Happy Year!!

Hope everyones christmas was wonderfull.
    My computer wasnt playing nice,sigh.Just got
    in up and running again.

Get well all you feelin bad or blue.HUGS

Be safe those that are going out tonight.

Jean/Dirtpig

• pchanggeo
    15 years ago

Yes... I feel bad for the Lions. No team should lose every single game. My Dolphins got close last year (they were 1-15 FYI) but they're in the payoffs this year. I went 7-7 in my fantasy league.

Happy 2009!
    Paul

• drgulley
    15 years ago

I want to wish everyone a very Happy & Healthy New Year! I think I am going to have to sit this swap out.

Marea, I am keeping my fingers crossed that you will find a job very soon.

Melinda, I am really glad to hear the spots are going down. I am sure that is the best gift you could have gotten.

Miriam, I hope the next two weeks goes by fast for you and you are home safe and sound soon.

Paul, I am another one who does not keep up too much with the ball games. I used to watch football just about every Sunday. My family has always been big Dallas Cowboy fans but the last few years I have not watched it much. I need to get back into that. It brings back so many good memories of when my parents were alive. Football was a big thing in our house when I was growing up. There wasn't anything that could lure my dad away from the TV when the Cowboys were playing. LOL..

New Dianne

• cheerpeople
    15 years ago

poor internet service tonight- so this is taking 15 minutes!

Happy New Years and I'll do the seed swap.

Melinda Yeah!
    Shirley cool mouse!

:)
    Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: baby sun rose- turning out to bloom inside now!

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Love the pic of the baby sun rose! Nice plant!
    Happy New Year Everyone! May it be out best yet! Melinda

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Karen-That is a beautiful plant. I love finding plants that likes cold weather. My arum italicum is beautiful right now and loves the cold.

Shirley

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Happy New Year + 1 day everyone. I had to work yesterday. Usually New Years day is slow ... it's the eve that tends to get busy, but we were busy busy busy.

Marea, keeping my fingers crossed that you find a job now that it is 2009.

Dianne, I can't see the picture this morning, maybe it will show up later for me.

We had some sick ones in my house this week. DD was sick Mon, tue , got better just in time to celibrate new years eve. Then hubby got it. Both kids were out for the new years eve and I was hoping for a nice romantic hot tub with him ... not to be. I spent New years eve taking care of him. :o)

We got a new camera for Christmas, the old one is literally falling apart. Now I have to figure the new one out.

Karen, so exciting you have a plant trying to bloom ... seems like a little miracle!

Shirley, I love the leaves of the arum italicum. I tried growing it one year since they say it can withstand zone 5, but I think it is too cold here for it. Sadly it lasted 2 years and then withered away. We don't get much snow here, so lots of freezing and thawing going on.

Paul, Fantastic that your Dolphins are in the playoffs. I'm hoping for a turn around like that for our Lions. My hubby plays the fantasy football too. He says he ended up 7-6 ... won $2.00. LOL

Oh, and the people that own the dog we are watching for 2 years are back for a month, so my baby is going away for a while. sad sharon

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sharon-Oh I hate that the arum italicum doesn't do well in your zone. I hope to get it started ALL over my yard. Helleborus does well here also.

Talked to Gloria's husband last night and she is doing well. She had just retired for the night so I didn't get to speak to her. She went home a few days before Christmas.

Shirley

• cheerpeople
    15 years ago

Shirley and Sharon-I'm trying arum italicum again. Like sharon I suspected it just can't take this kind of winter. My mom gave me some offsets from her Seattle garden, she also gave me some hellebore to try- fingers crossed!
    I like the arum italicum leaves- still pretty when the snow is off.
    As I look out into the winter garden from the window- I wonder if you or anyone has some good ideas for plants that look nice for winter. Right now heuchera, armeria, and certain sedum would top the list. Siberian iris would be at the bottom of that list looking, I imagine, like an octopus dropped from a tall bldg.! lol!

Went to green house yesterday. 9 yr old had fun going too. Am now going to try string of hearts( ceropegre woodii) string of pearls (senecio rowlenanus) and echeveria nodulosa. If you have an idea which window they'd prefer (NSWE) do tell.

Hallelujah we have the corn finally all harvested from this farm. :)

Karen

• mareas
    15 years ago

Karen, I love the red stripey nodulosas! I have 3 here in the office who are doing fine with just florescent lighting.
    They thrived in a morning Sun exposure last Summer. Haven't grown the Stringy ones. Congratulations on harvesting all of that corn at last!

Thanks so much for Gloria update, Shirley! There's never any answer at her house when I've tired to call...
    Wonder if they check caller ID before they pick up?? lol

Sharon, prayers you don't get sick now too, especially while being dog lonely!

Thanks for your prayers, every one! 2009 will included a big change for me, but don't know what it will will be yet.

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Marea-Maybe that's why he answered the phone, curious as to who it was. LOL I will try again and see if I can talk to Gloria. DH was a good guard and said she's resting. My DH beats the bedroom door down regardless and says telephone.

Karen-I noticed today that Sweet Williams stay green all Winter and have gorgeous blooms come Spring. I remember I sowed the seeds in the Fall. They re-seed so it's an easy plant. Foxglove is another cold weather plant.

It was 69 degrees here today....longing for Spring.

Shirley

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Karen, I have hellebore on the north side of the house, protected and shady. It absolutely loves it there and it looks nice even now.

sharon

• pchanggeo
    15 years ago

Happy 2009!

Great news about Gloria. I hope she feels well enough to come out and say hello. Thanks for the update Shirley.

Karen, I had string of pearls but I gave it away. It didn't like the dry summer winds too much. I have no idea which window is better :).

Sharon, post some photos from your new camera. What did you get? I was thinking of getting a new Nikon DSLR, but I'm broke after Christmas.

Marea and Carol, hope you're surviving the rains up there. It's nice down here... a bit cold but sunny.

Thanks,
    Paul

• veeja11
    15 years ago

We are expecting 8 inches of rain in the next couple of days, boy is it soggy here, thankyou for the mamma bear update. I thought she was invinciable so have been worried. work is slowing down but I am still burnt out from the holiday rush. big hugs to all.
    love carol

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We were on the second page again. Looks like everyone is really busy.

Shirley

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Yes, that time of year with all the seed exchanges and things! Time for wintersowing!
    Hope eveyone's New Year is starting off well!
    Where are we on our seed swap-is it a go or are we just still waiting to see?
    Melinda