SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homegardenpa

Kellogg's Breakfast vs. KBX

11 years ago

I had been wanting to try out Kellogg's Breakfast for a while, but I had a long list of other trial tomatoes that were ahead of it. I'd been looking for a reliable yellow (or orange) tomato to grow and all of the previous trials had been flops. I had tried yellows, yellow bi-colors, and none of them produced or tasted worth the planting space.

This year, after reading numerous recommendations, I decided to give Kellogg's a try. So far, it's given a good yield and the tomatoes are as tasty as they are meaty - they're a great size to boot.

Long story short (I know, too late), while Kellogg's Breakfast has been a great tomato, I've heard that KBX is even better in terms of production and general vigor - and now that I know it's good I'd like to see if I can get a little better yield of them.

I did some searches, but I can't seem to find much in the way of personal experiences of people who've grown both. I still have seed of Kellogg's Breakfast, so I'll plant those again next year, but I've been considering planting it side-by-side with KBX for comparison.

Does anyone here have experience with growing both? Do you still grow both or have you settled on one?

Comments (15)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH