SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy547

UPDATE: Kathy547's Secret Pal Swap....November Check-In

Kathy Johnson
18 years ago

Post when you receive for November so we all get to see what 'cha got! Everyone's going to get busy with the holidays but please don't forget your pal or to post when you receive from your pal! We only have November & December to go for this swap. Maybe someone will start a new one for 2006. I am thinking about posting everyone's pals on the December post. Opinions?

On a personal note, my husband & his 'buddy' have been drinking alot more lately so I'v been preoccupied with that. He drinks more when he works less. The friend doesn't work at all so he stays drunk most of the day. Anyway, I just want to apologize if I'm slow to answer any emails or forget to answer them at all.

Comments (48)

• sandysgardens
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Kathy

Please don't keep feeling like you need to apologize for anything. You have gone way above and beyond in all areas. I think I can speak for most of us - You are GREAT!!

Try to relax and enjoy the upcoming Holidays (Turkey Day & Xmas).

Thanks again for everthing you have been doing for all of us this past year. I can't beleive it's been close to a year!!!

Take care
    Sandy

• vegangurl20
    18 years ago

Kathy,

I have just joined this swap in October, and can already see that you are doing all you can to make this a great swap. Don't worry about a thing, I'm sure there's no need for an apology. You are awesome, girl!!
    I, too, have had a recent family emergency of my own, and can relate. I have been spending almost all of my time at the hospital with my grandmother, staying by her side, and encouraging her to eat and take her meds, which is a job in itself. She woke up early Tuesday morning hemmoraghing badly, and they have found a large tumor in her uterus, and they suspect uterine cancer. I am very close to my grandmother, I lived with her growing up, and she helped raise me. So this is very upsetting, and I am going through a lot with this. We will find out Monday if the tumor is malignant, so please everyone keep my grandmother in your prayers. I would appreciate it so much.
    Just wanted to let you know that I still haven't received for October. And this was my first month to join, and my first RR! So I'm really hoping I have not been forgotten about already. *sniff sniff*
    Hope everyone is having a better start to their holiday season than I have had.

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Kathy547's Secret Pal Swap/January rec'd/not rec'd list

Q

Comments (13)
    Judgemarykali, has a really good secret pal who never saw that she had, indeed, received and loved her December box. Her pal thought she might have the wrong address and was afraid to mail January's, BUT she's already has her February box ready and was just waiting to hear that she had the right address. She is now happy to hear that you were delighted w/your Dec box and eager to send the next. The rest of you, if you will please respond to my emails quickly & fill me in on your mailing addys and who you send to, I expect to have this all sorted out before the weekend is over so that we may ALL have a wonderful February. Kathy, I still need to hear from you, too. I wish I could snap my fingers and provide you w/easy internet access. (I STILL have the best pal of all!
    ...See More

Kathy547's Secret Pal Swap...March check in

Q

Comments (75)
    Hello All! I just wanted to post a thank you to my Secret Pal! My March package came today and I was thrilled to see it! It was just chock full of wonderful stuff! A big package of scrapbooking stuff, a birdie windchime that I just love, some plant labels that will come in VERY handy, also a cute little bunny statue and a bunny trinket box (both for Easter, but I can still use them out in the garden later). And a nice card! I also want to let my Secret Pal know that I have been sticking very conscientiously to my diet, and have actually lost some weight, so I want to say a BIG thank you for NOT sending Easter candy! LOL I would not have been able to resist! I was really glad to hear that you do winter sowing! I do too! I have loads of containers out there, but the weather this week has been above freezing for the first time in months, so I do not have any sprouts yet :( I'm glad to hear that you have been busy planting your hunks of seedlings. Hope they do well for you. The snow is finally melting off my garden beds, and I have crocuses blooming! Also, lots of little green shoots coming up. It's so wonderful to see the garden waking up again after its long sleep. We might get more snow tonight, but at this point it probably won't last long! I sure hope so anyway. Thanks so much Secret Pal, you are the best! Alison
    ...See More

UPDATE: Kathy547's Secret Pal Swap...April check-in

Q

Comments (53)
    I received a lovely package from my pal. Pal I loved the little coca cola plaque and the seeds. I so enjoy coca cola items and grin with each thing that someone finds. To answer your question. Coke items are always cool. SMILE... so are Tweety items. I collect these so I find somewhere to put them. Thank you for the very sweet notes you always include in your items, they brighten my day and make me smile. Yes, I'm doing better now. Although our spirits are battered and bruised and our family a little smaller we are adjusting. Some days are hard and some are easier. Spring has let me and my daughter get out and do things. My mother is still having a very hard time with all the deaths and that is expected, she is very ill as well and has been hospitalized a couple of times .... when she is better and her health improves both mentally and physically we will be all much better..... don't think I can deal with ANOTHER loss.... 3 has been enough... it has been a rough few months.... Thank you pal very much for asking. Cassie
    ...See More

UPDATE: Kathy547's Secret Pal Swap....May check-in

Q

Comments (38)
    Hello, All!!! I hope none of you have sent me an email becauce I haven't been able to check my email (if I don't hurry up & get another computer of my own I'm going to scream!). The sister's boyfriend's computer had to be worked on due to the 500+ viruses he had (he blamed email but I told him downloading music could open up a computer for viruses too). Anyway, I'll check it soon, I promise! I received the following from my pal: A very pretty card with "Handmade" on back. SP, did you make it? There's a black & yellow bird on a tree or shrub & it has a red flower. It's very pretty, in fact, I'm putting it in a picture frame. Pal, if you made that yourself I am impressed! I also got a package of dianthus 'Arctic Fire' seeds, which were on my want list. A cute little ladybug magnet, an iris plant, & some floating candles. She also sent a battery-operated, handheld fan, which is most appreciated since it's been so hot here. I wasn't thrilled when it got tangled up in my hair, although it would have been hysterical if it would have happened to someone else (say, my husband or one of the kids!). I also got a box of 50 incense cones with a ceremic incense holder "to keep insects at bay" printed on the box. Again, most appreciated since this is the South & we're plagued by all sorts of insects (& the husband's chickens obviously aren't doing their job). Thank you so much secret pal! I loved everything! Here is who has NOT received for May: Theresan Veeja11 GardenHits Gardnwatch Rudybacon Gulliblevolunteer
    ...See More
  • darlene87
    18 years ago

I am posting on Nov., I think it was the Oct.package that I received today. I posted the items I received in the Oct. list, hope that was ok. Secret Pal said it had been too rainy to dig up plants at that time, and she got delayed by rain. We have a lot of that here also!
    Darlene

• crazy4hydrangea
    18 years ago

Well I have had quite a bit of bad luck with pals since I joined the exchange but ... I my delight I received a wonderful package today from Kathy547. I had seeds, pampas grass, iris and red spider lily bulbs. I didn't have any of these things already so that made it even more exciting. I already have them planted and am looking forward to seeing them grow. Kathy thank you so much for your generosity. It was extremely thoughtful !

• sandysgardens
    18 years ago

Forgot to post on Sat, but I sent my Pal her box on Saturday the 5th. She should get it soon!!

• diene
    18 years ago

Hello All;
    My package went in the mail today. Happy Thanksgiving to all. diene

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Hi Kathy,

I still have not received from my pal for October, please write me if you have any idea what might be going on.
    I just wanted to post to say that Diene is awesome!!!! She saw that this was my first RR, and that I haven't received anything for last month, so she sent me a wonderful package of plants/bulbs, which I got today!! She didn't have to do that, but she volunteered, and I wasn't going to object, LOL! Anyway, I love your package, Diene, thank you so much; your generousity has helped shake off some of my dissapointment.

~Summer

• Kathy Johnson
    Original Author
    18 years ago

ZoeGurl2001 - I thought I'd emailed you already but now I can't find where I sent you one so I'm posting here. The SP that sends to you lost your address & other informaion so she had to wait until I emailed it to her. Sorry!

Diene - thank you for sending a box to a pal that didn't get anything (& taking up my slack) along with your own pal. I appreciate it too.

• everafter
    18 years ago

I received a wonderful package from my secret pal. I won't say who I think she is. ;) I've been sick for about a week so I let my son open my package up for me. It's the cutest Scarecrow type guy riding a tricycle. I love him and he's sitting on my kitchen table. You always know the best things to send me! Thank you very much!

Susan

• diene
    18 years ago

Hello All;
    Well I really do feel like Christmas is coming. I had joined another swap that had a Christmas theme and my pal went overboard for me. Then my regular "secret" pal sends a box that arrives two days later filled with all kinds of neat stuff. Tea and chocolate and bulbs and a cute little ceramic hat that opens up with a small secret compartment. A Christmas tin, dutch iris bulbs and some sugar free candy. Now as a general rule, anything sugar free cannot be any good but these are wonderful. She has the neatest stuff. Oh did I forget to mention the huge bag of lavendar potpourri she sent. Thanks, Vicki!! I know who you are now but that is okay, it has been a wonderful year getting to know you. I will be sad to see it end. diene

• outapatience
    18 years ago

Hi Kathy,

I just wanted to let you know that I still havent received ANYTHING for Sept, Oct, OR Nov :(

I will still send to my Secret Pal even though I am not getting anything. Please let my "Pal" know that her packages are going out this week. And that she will also receive her Dec package.
    I really wanted to be a part of this Round Robin, but maybe because I joined in Sept, the Pal you assigned to me had bummed out of the fun of giving. Dont worry I will definately hold up to MY end of the Round Robin.

I dont mean to sound ~fussy~ but I really would have like to have the fun of getting packages also.

Tammy

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Greetings to all from the Great White North! It has been snowing here for 2 days! Tis the season!! A big warm thanks goes out to my secret pal!! Girlfriend you have out done yourself!! I just couldn't believe the package you sent me. I must ask you did my dog Clyde call you or what?? I have been looking at getting an herb sign kit for the past couple of days and you sent me the markers already made!! Oh I just love them! Thanks so much I can't wait for spring to display them in the herb garden! Did you make them? If that wasn't good enough again how you knew this one I'll never know. I have been having a problem with a rash on my back and what do I get the deluxe model back scratcher I can't think straight I am just thrilled!!! Also she enclosed a cute magnet and some very pretty note cards. I can always use notecards!! YOU ARE THE GREATEST Secret Pal!
    I feel so honored to of been able to have the same person all through the swap!! Lucky me!I so enjoyed the letter you sent last month again I must thank you for sharing with me!!

• nitenut
    18 years ago

Finally got to the post office yest. to pick up what I thought was a box of vitamins. They had been sitting there for about a week or so (wasn't in any real hurrry for those so didn't make a special trip in to town) but what a nice surprise to find it was actually a package from my pal. More really pretty narcissus bulbs in combos of yellow and white (Love these and I'll be out planting these in my new bed today), a snowman tealight candle holder (very cute) with some really yummy smelling candles, and a sweet notecard package. Thanks so much once again secret pal. Your packages are always a wonderful surprise! Hope your puppy gets the leaks under control :)

• becksterca
    18 years ago

I received a wonderful gift from my Secret Pal today.

Thank you so much for the great box of goodies! First, there was a cute log cabin birdhouse. I think Ill hang it on our apple tree. It does get cold here in the winterÂby my standards (20 degrees is usually the lowest) but so far this year weÂve had great weather.
    I plan to go outside this afternoon and plant those bearded iris you sent!
    My pal also sent some scented geranium cuttingsÂ.nutmeg and lime. I have 2 scented geraniums alreadyÂ.rose and citronella (I think thatÂs what it is). I canÂt wait to get them plantedÂ.maybe today too. And some Jade cuttings. Thanks so much pal!
    LetÂs see, what else? Some neat holiday jewelryÂ.perfect!, a book on canning and preserving. IÂll be sure and read it this winter so IÂm ready for next years harvest. And, some wonderful smelling homemade soapÂI LOVE homemade soap! I usually go to the craft fairs around here and buy a years supply!
    And some homemade pumpkin bread! IÂm waiting for a pot of coffee to brew and IÂll be having it for breakfast!
    I almost forgotÂ.pink rain lily, mini bell pepper, hopi rattle gourd, trumpet vine, amaryllis seedsÂand more!

Thank you so much palÂ.I feel really special!

Becky

• sandysgardens
    18 years ago

Thank you pal, I recieved a GREAT package today. The homemade bird treats were perfect timing in being sent. John commented this morning that we needed to find some corn cobs to make a supply of peanut butter treats up for the birds. Low-an-behold you sent a bag full of pinecone bird treats. I have a bird feeding area in the front yard & viewable from the kitchen table. As I sit at the table and type this note, I am watching two chickadees enjoying their new treat. They took to it real fast, didn't hestitate at all. I also have the wonderful Turkey windsock hanging out on the front porch. The windsock was a hit with Jennifer, took her one minute to get it out on the front porch!

Thanks again
    Sandy

Per your note - I can hardly wait to find out who you are. It will be GRAND!

• Kathy Johnson
    Original Author
    18 years ago

It's been about 2 weeks I think since I've been able to sit in front of a computer - sometimes, I hate my jobs! LOL! - I've just been checking my email (200 not counting all the junk in the bulk folder)& now I'm checking in here so no one thinks I'm ignoring you.

There's a couple who haven't gotten anything in awhile & I'm working on something for you, to make up for you having a crappy swap.

ZoeGurl2001, your pal lost your information & had to wait for me to resend it so that is why she's late with you. That's my fault & I'm sorry.

Have I already said I think we should all send December's the first week or two of the month?

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

I think that's a good idea, Kathy, about everyone sending out the first week or two of December. To hopefully beat some of the busy Christmas mailing season. Plus, standing in line at the P.O. the week of Christmas is absolutely crazy!! lol.

Hope everyone is having a great beginning to their holiday season, and that everyone has lots to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Hi Kathy and pal
    I just wanted you to know I have had the flu.... this was after I got my first flu shot arrrrrrrrrrggg!! I do have my pal's packages ready for Nov. and Dec. and hopefully will get them mailed out yet this week. Sorry for the delay.
    I hope everyone has a blessed thanksgiving! Take care!

• veeja11
    18 years ago

pal, how about clues in my next two pkgs. I have no idea who you are and I like to guess. so a couple of clues would be great Thankyou

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

I received some angel trumpet seeds, and a nice card, today in the mail. I have been wanting to grow some brugmansia, so these were great to receive. Thanks, pal!

• darlene87
    18 years ago

I received a very nice box from my sweet secret pal today. A little happy there was no plant to worry about...I am still doing fall chores, and figure I will be doing those until spring. There was a nice cat mystery book, which I like to read, two very lovely pkg. of note cards that I will use for my seniors I write to, a jar of super handmade hand cream, and it works super great. Then 3 special rocks with inspiring words on them, for my rock dish, will always remember the s.p. when I look at them. A very lovely card, with a nice message, as usual, and my favorite: the small little book type thing called an easelette book, title is: 101 thoughts Worth Thinking, on the wings of angels. Here is an example: Practice makes perfect, so be careful what you practice, and another: no one ever injured their eyesight by looking at the bright side of things. I love this little book! It also has Bible verses in it, so helps me remember or jog my memory when I read them. Thank you so much s. pal and you have a very nice Thanksgiving.
    Darlene

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving!

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Secret Pal,

I received the herbal tea packets and garden stickers in the mail today. I love them, thank you so much. You seem like such a sweetheart in your letters, please do not be sad. I have been having a very hard time with a lot of things in my personal life lately, and I didn't mean to say anything to make you feel sad. I feel terrible, I'm so sorry.... I hate knowing I made another person upset. Please accept my sincere apology, and I hope that you will still enjoy being my secret pal.

The stress-relieving herbal tea was the perfect gift, because I certainly have a lot of stress in my life right now. And I love herbal teas! So I will be making myself a cup of the tea you sent tonight before bed. And the stickers are so cute, I love them! I'm sure I will find great use for them.

Pal, I really hope that you are feeling happier now, and that you had a very blessed Thanksgiving! Thanks so much for being my secret pal.

~Summer

• GardenHits
    18 years ago

Kathy
    FYI - NOTHING YET for November from my secret pal.

Although THE PAL I SEND TO sent a great package. It was filled with things I missed from living back east acorns, chestnuts. There was other stuff too a welcome garden plaque, a dragonfly bucket candle etc. Thank You Thank You

• veeja11
    18 years ago

My pal has forgotten me this month.

• rudybacon
    18 years ago

Hi,
    Received my package from my secret pal. She sent the most amazing potpourri. It is a dry mixture that smells wonderful. I have kept the bag it came in because the smell is still coming from it too. There is also a Christmas ornament, a little horse complete with saddle. I can't wait to hang it up.

Thank you so much for the wonderful things.
    Kathy

• Lynn
    18 years ago

Second month for receiving no box..... HECK!
    I'd like to know who my pal is now....so I can send her a box of coal for christmas...hehehehe.

I think when we send our December boxes to our pal's we should include our name with it. I would like that better than Kathy just posting a list of who the pal's are on here. What do you think? I think it is also a good idea to try and get our boxes sent out early in the month, like Kathy suggested too.

WindsurfGirl

• Kathy Johnson
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I believe I've emailed everyone who hasn't been marked off as having "sent" and/or "received". I'm trying to get everyone up-to-date but bear with me!

Here's my list of who hasn't rec'd for November:

Ggwrn
    Veeja11
    Booster1
    Garden Hits
    Dawiff
    Lbmoore
    Gardnwatch
    Rudybacon
    Abitodd
    WindsurfGirl
    Leann2800
    Crazy4hydrangea
    Outapatience
    Bekados

Keep in mind that if you don't send your end, as the host of this swap, I feel that it's my obligation to send in your stead. As I don't have buckets of money & Christmas is coming up, I hope everyone sends their end.

Kathy

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

My pal has been sent but hasn't posted. Just want to let everybody know.

• ggwrn
    18 years ago

I received another great package from my pal this month. I did not realize until I received an email from Kathy that I had not posted that I received the package. I'm sorry! I received a peaches and cream hollyhock, salvia and violet wood sorrel plants. I truly appreaciate all of the things that you have sent me this year. My favorites are definitely the chocolate mint (which I have shared with several people and now still have 2 big pots of it), the elephant ears and the lemon balm (which unfortunately died about a month ago). Thank you again for the box you sent this month.
    I haven't sent my pal's package yet. I will be mailing it out in the morning.

Ginger

• bekados
    18 years ago

Just received package from my "secret pal" today. Thanks! All the seeds are wonderful and the card is very sweet. I absolutely love herbs. My husband and I were hiking today and somewhere on that mountain--valerian was growing! Of course, that's not such a nice smell to keep smelling...but neat to know it was there.

Also very happy to hear that my pal likes her little gifts. You are welcome.

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Kathy, please don't send me anything, my pal has never forgotten me. she usually sends toward the end of the month. so I'm not giving up. she is a wonderful pal.
    thankyou carol

• leann2800
    18 years ago

My pal remembered me too Kathy. Actually, my pal remembers my family along with me every month. She sent me some magazines that she knows I am addicted to now.
    She also sent me some bulbs and seeds. Secret Pal, you pondered over how much time I have to garden now that I have the extra kids...next to none. So, I am afraid only the strong and lucky plants will survive. I do admit the little ones are helping me a bit. They don't know what they are doing yet but once they do I'm sure it will come together in the yard.
    It was very fortunate that I got you for a Secret Pal since you've taken in kids yourself. All the little things you send to the little ones are just right. Its obvious you really get children.
    I can't tell you how much I appreciate the brass/gold lily plate. It's gorgeous! I love it! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    The thanksgiving pins came in time for me to use them. I really needed those note cards you sent. I used to buy note cards and stationary because it was pretty. But, I have had so many occasions to use it lately.Can you believe it? Correspondence outside of email????
    I think the stuff I like best about this package and some of the others is the little notes in addition to the letter you send. The letters are always nice and it makes me feel connected to the person who is being so generous to me. The little newspaper articles and hand written instructions you throw in the box are like icing on the cake. Its like not only did you think to write a note to me but you thought about me throughoout the day and clipped articles and stuff as you went.

Thanks for thinking of me,

Leann

• lbmoore
    18 years ago

I recvd a package yesterday from my pal.

It smelled so wonderful when I opened the box, the plants (I wasnt sure what all they were) are now happy in an indoor garden of mine. I hope they do well until spring so I can plant them outside.

I also recvd some devine chocolates, a rustic candle holder which goes perfect with the decor in my family room, another great local photo along with a few other things that were great.

It amazes me that my pal has a way of knowing what to send me that goes with my new home.

Thank you pal, you're great. ... Be sure to reveal yourself so I can thank you properly.

Lisa Moore

• diene
    18 years ago

Just a note to say mine box was sent to my pal at the beginning of the month. She has not posted receipt but the PO says they delivered it. Hopefully she just forgot.

• leann2800
    18 years ago

Ooops! Secret Pal, I meant to say a word or two about the family calendar. Isn't that clever? I've never seen one of those. I definately have to be more organized now that there is more of us.Thanks for thinking of that. Thanks for everything you've done for me this year.
    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Leann

• bekados
    18 years ago

Sending something today to my pal today...nothing big. I am finally getting the hang of this exchange...I think.

• booster1
    18 years ago

Hi everyone-

Sorry I haven't posted earlier. I have just been busy like everyone else. I received a really cute "turkey" centerpiece, some lovely Thanksgiving note cards made by my one and only secret pal and a Christmas cookie cutter. Thank you so much secret pal. I always look forward to getting my box of goodies.

Leslie

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

I received a package from my secret pal yesterday.
    She knows how much I enjoy cookbooks and cooking so she sent me another cookbook to play with.
    She also sent a cute apple salt and pepper shaker set, a kitchen towel that hangs on a doornob or oven handle, and a pair of shower gloves. Such great gifts.
    Thank you secret pal for your thoughtfulness and sweet note.
    Happy Holidays....
    Bonnie

• sandysgardens
    18 years ago

I agree with WindsurfGirl, when we send our December package, we should include our name at that time. I would prefer to let her find out who I am from me. Just my thought!

Sandy

• bekados
    18 years ago

Christmas package is on its way! I revealed my identity in it. Hope you have a blessed Christmas. I will be in touch. If any part of the package does not weather the trip, let me know and I will resend. (I am thinking of a specific item, Secret Pal).
    Becca

• dawiff
    18 years ago

Received my November package today. It had brug cuttings in it from a very pretty yellow brug from my Secret Pal's garden, and a cute little Christmas ornament, as well as a package of craft paints and paintbrushes. (Unfortunately one of the paint bottles opened up in the package and made quite a mess!) There was a very nice note and I want my Secret Pal to know that I really appreciate getting the package! Thanks!

Alison

• diene
    18 years ago

My December package is on it's way but I did not reveal my identity. I did put my GW name on the return address. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. Happy New Year!!! And once again, Thanks Kathy!!!

• Kathy Johnson
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oops! I forgot to post that I received 2 huge boxes from my secret pal!

October - First, a note apologizing for being late for October(had flu/hospital), which was really nice but she didn't have to do because she'd already told me in an email. I feel for anyone w/ the flu - last year was the first time in 10 years I didn't get the flu. I luaghed (sorry!) when I read PlantladyJan's post. The one year I was able to get a flu shot was the one year I had the flu the worse. Go figure! I decided this year we weren't celebrating Halloween since the kids are teenagers. We live out in the country so we don't get trick-or-treaters. Therefore, my kids were grateful for all the candy you sent. My husband does most of the cooking & will enjoy the Vidalia french onion seasoning & raspberry vinaigrette dressing. he loves cooking & experimenting with new dishes & can't wait to try the recipes in the little onion cookbook magnet or to use the onion ball that you can use in the microwave. Since I have to get up so early I've developed a love of coffee (lots of creamer, little sugar) so I'm looking forward to trying the hazelnut coffee. My pal also sent an air freshener (smells great!) & "purrfect 10" on it, 2 hand poured votive candles, a peach scented body spray that my daughter begged for, & a little jewelry box that she's also begging for. I also got a picture & frame of a cup of Earl Grey tea done in blues & white w/ a little yellow that I hung in the kitchen. I also got one of those very decorative vinegar bottles w/ flowerheads or potpourri in it. There was also a little wooden cut-out made up like a girl with a heart sign that says "I'm having a bad hair day". I'm gluing a magnetic strip to it and making a magnet out of it. I also got this candle that is just too pretty to burn. It's one of those with the flowers pressed in & is just really gorgeous. It came on a terra cotta base surrounded by potpourri. Also, a little frog you hang on flower pots, a needlepoint kit I can work on when it's too cold or icky outside. Also a pretty coffee mug w/ 2 garden-related refrigerator magnets & packets of seeds (3 kinds of squash, 1 tomato, & 1 pumpkin).

As if that wasn't enough:

November - set of doll-shaped notecards the girl child confiscated, an herb stake w/ seed packets (sweet marjoram, parsley, chives, lemon balm), set of magnets, a jar of candle crystals that smells heavenly (rose petals). Hubby & boy child thanks you for the sunflower seeds - what they don't eat themselves they'll feed to the chickens. There was a little wooden desktop plaque the girl child wants, a pretty plaque of a lavender plant, a photo frqame w/ memo sheets, a box of Earl Grey tea, & an agenda kit w/ a calender, addresses, & memo pad. The pkg. of sour gummy worms went over well w/ the kiddos. There was a large container of powdered cheese for making pasta. My aunt told us you can take packets of the cheese from boxes of mac & cheese, & make cheese popcorn so we're going to experiment! My weakness is ice cream so I'm not sure that the bottle of chocolate ice cream topping will last long here. Also included in the box was a cute little birdhouse, a floating candle, a little jar of natural potpourri (smells great!), & a candle & candleholder set. I also like the garden-themed picture frame, & the yellow & white rose soap set. after the peach scented candle burns completely up, I'm going to clean the tin out & use for a pill box or to store Q-tips.

Thank you pal! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! If you don't send anything at all December, I won't be offended or feel left out at all because you have more than sent your share!

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I received a wonderfucl pkg from my pal no clues just return addy og lb moore. a simmer pot, penny tree magnet copper bracelet, snowman ornament mini scrapbook kit seeds. hope I didn't miss anything loved it all. thankyou pal I knew you wouldn't forget me. you are the best thankyou pal.

• Kathy Johnson
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Still hasn't received:

Garden Hits
    WindsurfGirl
    Crazy4hydrangea
    Outapatience

I do have everyone except one person marked off as having sent.

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

I sent my new pal her belated November package yesterday.

Bonnie

• GardenHits
    18 years ago

I received a lovely November package from my secret pal today.

There were all kinds of goodies inside.
    Some candies, Dove (yumm) cookies, lavendar sachets (lavendar is my favorite!) Along with a lavender kit that has lotion, spray & bath wash. And those cool bath scrubbie balls. And a neat roller massage tool.

Thank you so much secret pal. I will be pampering myself tonight!

vicki