SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dzyg

omgosh i have baby tres!!

13 years ago

Remember the TRES that started laying eggs and then we got that week of very cold wet weather and she stopped at 3 eggs? I have been checking since to see if she would lay anymore eggs but she never laid any more than those 3. I knew she was in the box alot but she seemed mostly to be poking her head out most of the time, this past week we had really hot weather. Well today when I looked there were two baby TRES and one egg yet. I was so not expecting that. I wonder if that night on 5/12 when those three TRES spent the night in that box if she figured incubation would have started then and knew she couldn't lay anymore eggs. That would be 15 days ago which is about right. Well at least those eggs didn't go to waste, too bad she couldn't have added to them though but I am sure these three (if the third one hatches) will be very well taken care of.

Oh and my Dees have fledged today from the dead tree in the woods. I only saw the last one go. Sniff, sniff. I checked the nest and I didn't see any remaining egg so I am assuming all seven hatched and fledged, I had counted up to six babies in the nest once but it was so hard to see in I could have missed that one.

Donna

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21