SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dzyg

TRES Incubating eggs.....

dzyg
15 years ago

Well two pairs of our nesting TRES are now incubating. I just did a nestbox check in the yard and one of the female TReS flew out of her box but only after staring at me for a bit before I opened the box. I was a foot away from her and just wanted to reach out and touch her! But of course I didn't. Just stood there until she made up her mind if she was staying or leaving and then checked quickly to see five eggs and went to the next box. The female at the next box would not leave the nest, sat on and hid her eggs. They both had three eggs on Monday so I am assuming they both have five eggs today and will have six tomorrow. I read on Sialis that they start incubation the day before the last egg is laid so that is why I am assuming six will be laid. The other three TRES nests on our property still have no eggs yet, one is near a box that has a House Wren putting sticks into, I have to keep a close eye on that. I keep taking the sticks out before I can even tell if it is a nest of sticks or dummy sticks.

Will go down to the park this afternoon and check the boxes down there. I am hoping to see five Bluebird eggs in the nestbox that had three on Monday. The other Bluebird nest had five on Friday and still on Saturday so I will check and make sure all is a ok there as it was on Monday. There is a TRES nest down there too, no eggs as of Monday will check the status today again.

Donna

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm