SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa11310

Lost a Dee to a hosp, first killed bird ever. : (

lisa11310
12 years ago

I am so sad. Last year the HOSPs did not bond to a box and did not nest here, while I did get 2 males, I knew there were others not far away as I could hear them on my walks down to the lake. I have been hunting them as much as possible this year but they have alluded me so far. They have not bothered the Blues at all but I assume it's because they (HOSPs)have not gotten serious about nesting yet. Today I found a Dee in a box with the classic signs of HOSP attack. I'm sick. The Blues have 4 eggs and not incubating yet. There is a spooker up, there was not one on the box the dead Dee was in, there was also no signs of Dee nest building in the box, only a few favorite grasses of HOSPs. I cant go walking around with my 22

shooting at peoples houses. Hoping I can find time to be outside to try the Van Ert in the next week....This is horrid! The TRES are here so I don't dare leave the traps un attended + I know there are Dees still looking to find a box. UUUGGG. I HAVE enlisted a neighbor kid (16) to help. Prayers please!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County