SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eurolarva

Watering Tomatoes Early Girls

eurolarva
13 years ago

We have had a ton of rain this year here in Minnesota. My garden has been green and growing tall. Tomatoes are real late this year due to all the rain but my problem is that when I water from my house it is like poison to my plants. Last year I watered with a sprinkler and all the plants turned yellow and brown. This year I was in need of watering and I used the hose end and just watered the dirt that is covered with mulch and grass clippings being careful not to get the leaves wet. Next day all the plants had leaf curl and about 2 days later I started seeing the leafs change color from green to yellow to brown closest to the ground (I assume this was some minimal splashing from the water). What can I do to prevent this? I am going to have to water this year and I am about due again now. Wife does not want rain barrels hooked up to the gutters and I have mixed feelings about this as well with asphalt shingles run off. Any Ideas on maybe adding something to the water like chlorine killer used in aquariums?

Should I dust the leaves with a copper fungicide, Pull them or leave them alone?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm