SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bggarric

Help! First Tomatoes ever Weird spots!

bggarric
11 years ago

Hi! First off, I've read a lot on the forums and appreciate all the help I've received already.

This is my first year planting tomatoes. I have some hybrid bush goliath that have done okay and I've gotten some decent clementine sized maters off of it, but my pride and joy is my second (and only other) tomato plant. It is a cherry tomato plant and has looked WONDERFUL until a few days ago.

It is planted in a large pot and gets plenty of sun. It has been a very nice deep green and is very bushy and very tall! It has TONS of cherry tomatoes on it and they're just starting to ripen!

I noticed a couple of days ago what looked like 'Clearing' in a few leaves. It was almost as if all of the chlorophyll was gone and it was just translucent. Those spots then turned brown and I've noticed that more leaves (quite a few) have turned w/ spots as well.

I've attached pictures. I'm afraid I've got a fungus? I didn't know to trim the bottom few stems and those had turned yellow some time ago and I feel that they may have gotten a fungus and it has spread.

What do you think this is? Is there anything I can do about it that is budget friendly (I trimmed all of the blatantly infected leaves off as well as the bottom stems to slow it down. I hope i didn't thin the plant out too much.

Sorry for the long post. I appreciate any advice/help you have to offer. Thanks so much in advance!

Comments (8)