SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thegardengeek

NEW: The 4th Annual Greedy Geek Seed Swap

thegardengeek
10 years ago

It's that time again!! Start collecting your seeds, get off your tail...because this round robin is in the mail!!

Trade the seeds you have left over or seeds you have collected from your garden for seeds you don't have so you can plant them in next years planting!

Jump on in and let us know you are joining us!! Anything will do! Type "In", "Yes" or even "HECK YEA!!" just so we know to expect your envie! Then send me an e-mails o I can get you our address! Feel free to join The Garden Geeks on facebook as all updates of envies in and out will be posted under this seed event on that page.

We want to make this as easy as we can so new traders can get their feet wet! Don't be shy!! Come join us!!

Here is how to do it. Package your seeds up, you can use anything from those small plastic envies to home made ones made from junk mail. Be sure to label them well so we know what it is, then stuff them in a bubble envelope, drop in return address label and return postage, seal the envelope up, and send it to me. When I get your seeds, I will replace each pack with one sent in by someone else, take the address and stamps you sent and place them back on the same envelope. Seal it up and mail it back to you :). It's that simple!

To make this as easy as I can there are very few rules!
No seeds from before 2012.
No packs of "wild flower" seeds.
No more then 10 packs of one kind of seed
All packs must be labeled with what it is.
DO NOT send money for postage, just postage please.
(for those from other countries, there is a way for you to join as well-visit us on facebook and read the details to find out more!)
Finally, HAVE FUN!!

Normally, the very large bubble envies take 5 or 6 stamps to return stuffed with seeds, medium 3-4, and the smallest take 2-3 stamps when fully stuffed.

This is a chance for new traders to see what Round Robin's are all about!! The exchange is one pack of your seeds for one pack of someone else's. People just wanting to share seeds are more then welcome to do so, I will pass extras on to others.

This will be a large seed swap - going across several sites so please get your seeds in as soon after the opening date that you can!

e-mail me so I can send you my address!

Swap runs from Oct 28th to Dec 6th 2013. Any seeds that come in after that date will be returned unopened.

*you can drop in a SHORT note of a few items you don't want and maybe a few wishes. (NO PROMISES but I will do my best with what comes in :)
**Remember, larger envies will take longer to fill. We do our best to be fair but be warned, if you are expecting commercial seeds only you will be disappointed.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Greedy Geek events page

Comments (28)