SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

NEW: Color of the Month Swap for December: Silver & Gold

sandlapper_rose
13 years ago

Please do not expect me to do a lot with organizing this prior to December 1, but I wanted to start people thinking about this one. It's the last 2010 installment of the Colors of the Month Swaps. I have been looking forward to being hostess for this one for a long time!

You do remember the carol about silver and gold, don't you? That's why I selected these colors for December.

Silver and gold, silver and gold

Ev'ryone wishes for silver and gold

How do you measure its worth?

Just by the pleasure it gives here on earth.

Silver and gold, silver and gold

Mean so much more when I see

Silver and gold decorations

On ev'ry Christmas tree.

We will need at least 5 people to sign up for this swap to go forward. POST HERE if you would like to participate. After signing up here on this thread, please send me an e-mail with your full name & address and your GardenWeb name. If you fail to do that, you will not be included in the swap. I will send out my address after Dec. 1 and after there are at least 5 responders. If there are fewer than 5 responders, I will just post here that the swap has been cancelled. Sure hope that doesn't happen!

DEADLINE FOR SIGNING UP: December 12th

DEADLINE FOR SENDING SEEDS: December 20th

I will get the seeds mailed back out to you by the end of the month. They may or may not make it to you by Dec. 31, but if not - they will definitely be there by early January. You just have to wonder how the mail service will become bogged down with the Christmas rush.

You may include seeds that produce silver or gold flowers, foliage, fruits, or vegetables, or just have the word "Silver" or "Gold" in their names!

You may send flower seeds, vegetable/herb seeds, or a mix.

(Please specify what you would like back: edible, non-edibles, or a mix of both.) I will do my best to fill your request, but it all depends on what is sent in!

Absolutely NO Invasive Plants or Noxious Weeds!!!!

Please send seeds no older than 2 years old.

Please send unused postage stamps in the amount that it costs you to mail to me so that I can use them to mail the seeds back to you and include a mailing label with your correct address. Also, please make sure you send a padded envelope that can withstand a second mailing or add a smaller one inside your large envelope. Sometimes they come in a bit tattered or it is hard to cover up the original address information so anything you can do to make that part easier for me, I will appreciate it.

Please include on the packet label: the seed's name (be as specific as possible), whether your seeds are from a commercial source or hand-collected, and the year stamped on the package if it's commercial seed, or the year harvested if it was hand collected.

The packet limit for each color is no more than 5 packets of a single variety of silver seeds and no more than 5 packets of a single variety of gold seeds. Feel free to send in extras. These will be counted as bonus packs and I will try to send bonuses back to those who send them in, but again that depends on what is received. You can send in as little as 1 pack of seeds, there is no minimum to send in.

As for the number of seeds in each packet, please send in the number of seeds that you would be comfortable receiving yourself. Some of this depends on the variety. Weather was a factor this year, too. I know some plants did not produce as many seeds as usual (at least here in SC because of the heat and drought) and maybe other places had those issues, too, or maybe too much rain. However, knowing that I had signed up to be hostess for this swap, I bought some Silver and/or Gold seeds when I saw them earlier in the year so there are some here waiting to be swapped!

As for the colors, a gray will be counted as silver (for example Dusty Miller), a deep yellow will be counted as gold (for example Marigold Mumsy Orange) --- and there is that word in there, too - MariGOLD!!! Think about Touchstone Gold Beets, Pumpkin Autumn Gold, Plectranthus Silver Shield. Anyway, there are plenty to select from.

{{gwi:1257856}}

I hope you will join in. Any questions, please let me know.

Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the rest of the holiday season as well.

Jeanne

Comments (29)