SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cjra_gw

Where to find a good barrel that doesn't cost a fortune?

cjra
14 years ago

I've been collecting my laundry water into buckets (about 15 gal rectangular buckets), but realized it'd be much more effective if I had something larger which could take a few loads worth of laundry water and store for a few days so I could use it throughout the week. (I usually do all my laundry on Sat and Sun, and though I have a high efficiency washer, that's still a lot of water...)

I had a large garbage bin I tried using, but one attempt to wheel it just slightly and it caught on a rock and ripped a hole.

Rather than get another garbage bin and risk the same - even if I don't plan to move it - I'd like to get a barrel that's a bit tougher. Nothing fancy. Plastic is ok, but a sturdy plastic. Like a drum. The trash cans all seem a bit too flimsy. I don't really want to spend hundreds of dollars on a plastic barrel...

But before I went driving around at a million shops, thought I'd ask if anyone has some suggestions of where to look.

I'm in San Antonio, but suggestions on the *type* of store that might have them is ok too :) I searched the Lowes website and didn't find anything like a drum.

Thanks

Comments (27)