SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juspeachy_gw

update: 9001 td's posts, can we talk or what?

juspeachy
17 years ago

{{gwi:1281045}}

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of talented , generous and spirited traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. The way into this group is to have traded with at least one of us and to be recommended for membership by one of more members of the group. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

Morning everyone,

Just a quick stop, to say hi.

MaryB,

Yes, I got the box. I will be back later to tell y'all about it.

I AM loving the weather, I have the day off to spend with my honey. We may be able to get some things done outside.

gotta run, lots to do.

big hugs,

BBL,

Jo

Comments (100)

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Cody, Cody, Cody, you are a bad bad boy!!!!!
    I can't have any more seeds ...
    cry ...
    no more room!
    Oh, how I wish I had traded you
    for some of that Wild Irish pollen this summer ...
    I'm having a Wild Irish attack tonight.
    And don't you mention 'starting seeds'!!!!
    Every year I try so very hard
    not to start till January.
    I believe last year
    I made it to December.
    But tonight
    I'm down in the basement,
    cleaning my 'seed starting area'.
    We are having Thanksgiving
    at our house,
    and so I've decided
    to bring down my Houseplants
    to put under the lights.
    It has to be 'clean'
    for my relatives to see,
    ask me once again,
    "What do you GROW down here Aunt Sharon
    (if you know what I mean).
    And since I'm sipping on my Asti Spumante,
    cleaning,
    moving plants,
    and reading your post about starting daylily seeds ...
    I'm looking at all the space
    I have between my houseplants ...
    I can start some daylily seeds ...
    The lights will be on anyway ...
    and I've already started some clivia seeds
    (again!!! Why-O-Why do I think I love clivia,
    they haven't bloomed for me yet) ...
    and Marea just emailed me some super funny story ...
    I was laughing hysterically ...
    (she will have to tell that one) ...

Gosh, I think I'm having a party all by myself in the basement! LOL

Anyway,
    I think
    I may
    just have to start
    a few
    of those
    so few
    Daylily seeds I have.

Later all,
    Sharon

• cannahavana
    17 years ago

Ummm...I'll have what she's drinking...

• Related Discussions

X-Post How can I update these stairs?

Q

Comments (6)
    The contractor/woodworker I spoke with today says he can cover the side boards with thin sheets of oak, and scribe them to fit. We talked about getting the stain to match, and he thinks he can get it reasonably close, but if not maybe I will have the steps refinished. We are added new flooring too so the older sections may need to be refinished anyway. He seems very competent, so I'm hopeful. Now I just have to hold my breath when I see the estimate! We also talked about replacing the railings and balusters with something more contemporary, but I expect that will be too expensive to even consider. If we do this, I will post an "after" picture.
    ...See More

can we talk exterior paint for my 70s ranch...again? (pic)

Q

Comments (38)
    I would suggest when you do paint the house that you paint the whole house first with that strip painted out so he can see it without and paint that piece of the trim last as then you can see how it would look without and with it. Well what I was trying to say is your house does lean towards the spanish revival and you keep saying you want spanish and not tuscan, mexican etc. and really what is spanish color theme tends to be white or a very light color that reads white with a darker trim color such as brown, or more very muted colors. Landscaping makes a huge difference in how a house looks too. What I'm wondering is if you really have settled in your mind what you want the house to be or if you really need the house to be one particular style. Many color will work for your house as long as you pick something that works with the roof color. Maybe it is your mentioning spanish that throws me off. BTW if you look at the picture I posted it is a very simple style except for the tower and the other items are things your house has or will have too. You have arches, you have the curved wall, the raised trim, you're adding a pergola (not a porch like in the house shown). You could on your gable sides add corbels either dark stained wood or faux looking wood like you're planning for the garage door. If you look at a spanish villa - they tend to be white, with tile roofs, mainly boxy. Some have arches, some have railings that are often white and look like concrete formed (don't know the correct terminology). I guess I would ask yourself do you want the spanish look, or does it really matter and should you just go with a color that you like and not worry about trying to keep to a particular style?
    ...See More

Responses to missing post/update on Kitchen saga- Long Post!

Q

Comments (1)
    They newer photos of your paint look pretty close to my kitchen and family room walls. :-) Don't worry about the mini-novel. It's the cheapest therapy there is, and if you can get a laugh in here or there, pretty good medicine too. You're doin' good!
    ...See More

Can we Talk About Woolite?

Q

Comments (56)
    Well the wedding is over and I bought 4 cases too many of our wine. OH WELL :) I'm drinking a glass of the Pinot Noir as I write this. The Rose' was spectacular. I have just under 2 cases of each left, lol. I've been using it here and there. I took a bottle over to neighbors for yoga night. And I'm set for the winter! The Garnet was $15/bottle and the Commanderie de la Bargemone was $16/bottle. I got a 10% discount for buying by the case. Everyone LOVED the wine (and that killer wedding cake) This is what we got:I know this isn't about Woolite, but the thread had changed a bit in the telling ;)
    ...See More
  • brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Sharon-Too cute, love the way you did that post.

Here's a cute Thanksgiving poem for you guys

TWAS THE NIGHT OF THANKSGIVING!

Twas the night of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't sleep
    I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep
    The leftovers beckoned - the Dark meat and white
    But I fought the temptation with all of my might.

Tossing and turning with anticipation
    The thought of a snack became infatuation.
    So I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
    and gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
    Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
    I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
    Til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky
    With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.
    But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees...
    Happy eating to all, pass the cranberries, please.

May your stuffing be tasty. May your turkey be plump.
    May your potatoes ' n gravy have nary a lump.
    May your yams be delicious. May your pies take the prize.
    May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs.

MAY YOU ALL HAVE A BLESSED THANKSGIVING!

Shirley

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Come on over Canna, I didn't drink the whole bottle! But you have to help me clean. LOL

Shirley, I love it! I've never heard that poem ... too cute ... I will have to send it to all my email buddies.

Cindy, thanks for posting those great pictures of your gardens. Really gives us an idea of how much more you can plant. :o) You have some nice gardens!

sharon

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,

Shirley,
    I love that poem, but that cake, now I don't think I could put a fork to my face.!!!YUCK!!!

Looks like we have slowed down again? Hope all is well!

Dawn,
    I got the number & called them this morning, I sent you an E-mail & posted what my answer was. Seems like just another way to buy time to me.

Cody,
    You are still with us!!! I have ton's of seed's too, this will be my first year trying them. Till I get the hang of it I did not tag them just dabbed & hoped & we will see:)

Come out, come out the rest of you!!!!!!!!
    off to switch over laundry, have a great day all,
    P. S. Anyone involved in the TNN #1 may want to read what Dawn & I posted!:)Anita

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

WISHING EVERYONE A SAFE AND BLESSED THANKSGIVING

Shirley, I enjoyed the poem, I have to copy it off for my sisters. I have checked out the daylilies and all I can say is IÂm going to have to start a flower fund to keep up with all three of my addictions.

Cindy, Wow you have one big yard. I enjoyed the pictures and please keep them coming!

Cody, I would love to try some seeds if you have any left. I winter sowed some seeds three years ago that were labeled Wilson spider x Exotic Love. They do not look like a spider but they are pretty. I will have to take pictures of them next year. This past year was the first bloom for them.

I took sis yesterday for her biopsy and her doctor told us that he was 80% sure it was sarcoidosis, but we would know for sure next Monday. Of course he told us to call Monday morning because it takes a couple of hours to get there and that if the results are not in, there is no sense in making the trip.

Hubby and I were going to have Thanksgiving today because I volunteered to work tomorrow. When I got home this morning the turkey is still frozen so I will work on unthawing it, and he will put it in the oven for us tomorrow. I only said I would volunteer for 6 hours. So we can have a late Dinner.

Well, with just the two of us, I just know we will have turkey for the next few days. IÂm not complaining there are so many that have nothing.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    {{gwi:26777}}

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hoping you all have a wonderful holiday. I am very thankful to have you as friends.

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• cannahavana
    17 years ago

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!

Happy Turkey Day!

Love you guys!

~Canna

• bourret
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving with your families. Like Dawn said, I'm very thankful and grateful to have all of you as my friends.

Cindy, Thanks for the daylily fix. Your beds are gorgeous!

Dawn, I love your belly pictures. You look so beautiful. When are you getting another ultrasound? I'm looking forward to seeing her/him again.

Carmen, How have you been feeling? I hope a little better.

To My Secret Christmas Swap Partner: I mailed your box today. Be careful when you pick it up because it's heavy. There are some fragile/breakable gifts inside. Hopefully, you will enjoy the gifts. I had an enormous amount of fun picking them out. The saying: "It's better to give than receive" is so very true. I wish I could be there when you go thru the box. The Delivery Confirmation number is: 0306 0320 0003 8723 8760. It was sent Priority Mail so you should get it by Wednesday.

Annie, I'm praying for good news for your sister.

Canna, Gobble, Gobble, Gobble to you too.

Anita, How are you doing?

I would like to start the daylily seeds I have in January or February. Do you guys think that it would be better if I started them in March or April? I don't want them to get so big that they hit the shoplights and have to be trimmed.

I should start addressing Christmas cards today but it still doesn't seem like it's only one month away. My mind is still in summer mode.

Talk to you all later!

Lisa

• namso
    17 years ago

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.

Here to repoert on secret Santa box...pics in am...
    A tee Shirt - love :)...teddy bear & I love my country imprinted.
    Tea Candles - at least a dozen.
    Golf for DH! balls, tees & mug.....he will love
    The cutest snoman candy jar...filled with Reeeses!
    Garden Gloves
    Angle Ornament - cute.
    Candle holders-colbalt blue. perfect for kitchen.
    Christmas tiles for cup-holding.
    and i know strange....the best!!!>>>>> dog tog for my big girl Midnight. she absconded with this bad boy as soon as the box was open...so hard to find things she likes :):):)

pics in am...thankyou special pal.

Cindy

• veeja11
    17 years ago

My kids are a week old now named chub chub and patches. here is patches{{gwi:1311158}} dh says they are too fat do we sign our ss pkgs or not? hugs carol

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Hi All,

Quick check in, Thought I would have time yesterday, nope not with baby D around, WOW is he active!!!!!!!!!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!! I know I did spending it with my 2 special David's:)

Well I better go scoop the little one off the living room floor, guess he had another busy day, he took my blanket & fell fast asleep, Have a great night all, :)Anita

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Cindy, great box, but what in the world is 'dog tog'?

Carol, oh, Patches is just the cutest!

Did anyone else go shopping yesterday? I went with 2 sister in laws ... had a great time. Got the best buys at Kohls.

Sharon

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Sharon-I saved tons of money yesterday with the shopping, didn't go. LOL Just couldn't face those lines. My DD went and called me from the Mall and said it was a nightmare. She left Thursday night to hit them at midnight. Glad I stayed home I got so much done yesterday. Temps were in the 70's so I got another huge flower bed cleaned up. Was hoping to do the same today but we are having the DH's family reunion.

Carol-The puppies are so cute. If I lived closer I would consider taking one. We have no pets except my DD's doberman who thinks she lives both places.

Anita-Wish we could bottle that energy from the boys. DD has actually stopped at a McDonalds to let Dawson run and play at the playground before continuing on their trip.

Cindy-Nice box and I love the way you have your yards. I'm with Anita I need to quit digging on mine.

Well off to get ready for the big reunion. Hope everyone has a great day and the weather is nice there. Temps in the 70's again today.

Shirley

• onesherri
    17 years ago

HI Everyone!!! :) Hope everyone had a wonderful thankgiving.

I am now buried in Anatomy and Physiology, but I had to take a moment to wish MISS CINDY A HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Oh and Sharon, Cindy needs that bottle of whatever it is you are having.:):):)

• namso
    17 years ago

Ok back with promised pic....who's my secret pal?
    {{gwi:2104604}}

thankyou again pal....sharon dog toy:)...i just can't type.
    Midnight loves it...:)

Thankyou for the compliments on my beds.

Anita/Shirley...did you notice no pics of pinks and purple beds? those i need to quit digging on. everyone seems to have enough yellows/oranges lol, so these get more of a chance to grow :).

Shirley, loved the thanksgiving poem. Temps in the 50's here but its just beautiful. hopefully i'll get all the fall cleanup done this weekend.

Annie, hoping for the best for sister on Mon.

Sharon, thanks for the info on the ratings forum. wow gw had a change of heart. will have to check out when i get a chance.

Cody, winter sowing...i tried once. but i cant tell the seedlings from crabgrass in the spring. any suggestions? or maybe its just here that crabgrass is just overwhelming :(.

Lisa, i usually start seeds jan 1, which is way too early. these become very stringy by planting time-around 4/30 here. somewhere i read never to trim though..wish i could remember the source to give you more info. im going to try and hold off to feb but by then i usually need something to cut the winter doldrums. most people around here hold off until march 1.

Carol, adorable puppy! i think Paul said you sign your name.

I finally took the plunge to satelitte. my email address has changed. I sent to Debbie as i have no idea how to import my address book. the old one still works...but only for a little longer.

Cindy

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

CINDY

Sherri, I'm afraid all the women at our TG'ing dinner drank the rest of that bottle. LOL None left for Cindy. :o(

And you are having 2 of my favorite classes right now, really! Anatomy and Physiology! I loved Immunology too!

Shirley, I would have loved to be working out in the garden yesterday. But I'm happy to report I'm done for the winter in the gardens. I've started with the clivia seeds and one set of daylily seeds in the basement. Loving that!
    I've never been to one of the sales that began at midnight. I go to bed so early I would never be able to stay up that late.

sharon

• namso
    17 years ago

Sherri, posting while you are. lol and thanks for remembering. :)

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Cindy - Dog tog = Dog Toy ... you think I could have figured that one out if I can decipher Gloria's posts! LOL
    I thought it was sometype of special treat. :o)
    Wow, nice box!

Lisa, don't trim the leaves since that is how the plant gets its energy to build the root system. Cindy is right, best to wait till Feb/March if you want them to remain at a managable size.

Sharon

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!

Hope you all are enjoying your holiday weekend. I have to get over to the new house before 11am, but wanted to stop in and tell everyone hello!

BIG NEWS: Ultrasound is scheduled for December 21st. We will hopefully find out if we are having a boy or girl that day! What a great Christmas gift!!!

Carol, don't sign your name to the Secret Santa box. We will start guessing when Paul gives us the go ahead. : ) Loving those puppies!! They have bellies like me. : )

~Dawn (mamabirrd)
  • axelsrose
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    I am sorry I do not have time to catch up right now. We are having a break in the rainy weather and I have so much to do. That will change in a couple of days and it will be back to cold and rainy yucky days. It's going to be 70* today, so it will be a bulb planting, dog washing frenzy. Only 7 more to wash! Dan even broke out one of my Christmas presents early, an industrial dog dryer, a CageMaster Plus 4.0 with timer, HE DID GOOD!

I received my Secret Santa box yesterday. All I can say is WOW! I have received many great boxes, but this one is impressive! Here is the list:

Matching country bouquets 2 calanders, 2yr planner, address book (these will be so handy. They can easily be carried with me for work and note. I am so disorganized!)

Christmas kitty kitchen towels and hot pads. VERY NEEDED!

Christmas kitties in American flag stockings T-shirt! LOVE IT!

Gardening gloves. Thank you! Hand savers!

An amazing charm bracelet with bird charm, dog in doghouse charm and my initial charm. FANTASTIC!

Garden shears and prunners! YIPPPPEEE!

A garden tote with an embroidered bee with many pockets and a garden fanny pack also with the bee and many pockets, SO I CAN FIND MY PRUNNERS!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!

A stuffed toy of a Search and Rescue Dog! It is a Help a Hero dog, with part of the procees going to the AKC CAR Canine Support and Relief Fund! TEARING NOW! LOVE IT! I KNOW HE IS A DOG TOY, BUT I AM GOING TO KEEP HIM FOR MYSELF, SO HE DOESN'T GET DAMAGED!

A huge beautiful glass vase with black swirls, IT IS BEAUTIFUL!

Bulbs, bulbs and more bulbs! Beautiful purple Allium, Amaryllis Picotee, Narcissus Palmares, Allium Hair! TOO COOL! THAT IS PART OF WHAT I'M PLANTING TODAY!

And the best of all, Christmas ornaments. Small gold and silver ornaments, but not ordinary ornaments. These have a little hand drawn kitty or dog on them and the name of each dog or cat we have. One for each one! I have almost no ornaments left, they divorced me! So I have not put of a tree in a few years. Now I have ornaments for a tree! I can't wait to put up the tree. I will get pictures! Thank you so much for your thoughtfullness and hard work. Thanks you. I loved it all, but these were the best! Thank you, thank you!

Susan/Axelsrose

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Paul, I have guesses for your box and cindys. when can I guess? Happy birthday Cindy, hope you are enjoying it. Dawn can't wait till you confirm my boy guess. We had Thanksgiving at my daughters so no turkey leftovers so I am cooking small one today. Mommie dog spends more time with me than the pups now, guess she thinks their fat too. Happy Birthday CindyHugs carol

• bourret
    17 years ago

I got my Secret Santa Swap Box today!!! Boy, was it ever heavy. DH had to carry it to me in the den.

Contents:

LABEL MAKING PAPER (I make mixes in a jar, such as, Chocolate Chip Cookies and Hot Chocolate Mix at Christmas and give them away to family and friends so these come in verry handy)

RUTH HUNT CREAM CANDY (It's the Official Candy of Churchill Downs and The Kentucky Derby) HINT, HINT!

RED TWIG DOGWOOD (I've always wanted one for winter color!)

QUEENS TEARS BROMILIAD (It's a houseplant with an unusual bloom & I can't wait to see it.)

WALKING IRIS (This a gorgeous houseplant to have. When it blooms the flowers are fragrant.)

CARDAMON GINGER (It's one of the most expensive spices in the world my swap partner says. I love Ginger, Yum-Yum.)

A MAGNETIC ANGEL NOTEPAD (You all know how much I love those heavenly beauties!)

A HEAVY GLASS BIRD FEEDED (It's in the shape of a Trumpet Flower. You can never have too many feeders!

A BEAUTIFUL BLUE CERAMIC HUMMINGBIRD FEEDER (My wish is to someday have a family of Hummingbirds move in somewhere close to my house so I can watch the babies grow.)

A MULTI LIGHT COLORED LUCITE BOX & A BEAUTIFUL CAT FIGURINE TO SIT ON TOP OF THE BOX (I love this! It's so pretty and unique. The colors constantly change on the box. What a great idea this gift was. I have to remember it in the future.)

MUM, FRESH MINT & JUICY ORANGE GARDEN CANDLES (They smell wonderful!)

HOMEMADE WINE!!! (I'm keeping this for myself and my husband, Paul) I love wine)

GORGEOUS HORSE CHIMES (It's so beautiful & delicate. I'm going to hang it in the window over my sink.) ANOTHER BIG HINT!

AND LASTLY: KENTUCKY DIRT! (This is my first package of dirt from one of you and I hope to get more as the months go buy.

THANK'S TO YOU MY SECRET SANTA SWAP PARTNER! YOU'VE MADE THIS A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

NOW ALL OF YOU CAN GUESS WHO SENT ME THIS GREAT SWAP BOX.

Carol, I just could just kiss Patches pieces! He's so adorable.

Shirley, I meant to tell you last time I posted that I just love your poem. Maybe you can get it published!

Sharon, you're very brave to go Christmas shopping on Black Friday. I did it once in Boston. Never again!

On the advice of Cindy and Sharon I'll start my daylily seeds at the beginning of March. Thank you for your help!

Time to eat. I'm starving today. Must be the cold weather.
    Talk to you all again soon!

Lisa

• namso
    17 years ago

Quick check in...
    I wanted to thankyou for the wonderful birthday wishes and logos. i dont usually "do" birthdays anymore but this has been a fun one. a special added thanks to Shirley who send me a beautiful card and to barb for an wonderful email card. you guys are the best:).

and to Sharon for not saving me that bottle lol. might have ended up on the la on a binge.

more nice boxes....:)

Hugs to all,
    Cindy

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving,I know I did, and as usual I ate way too much

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY CINDY

Carol, your babies are sooooo cute. Someday I will get another dog.We had a lab for 10 years, I gave him a shot twice a day for three of the ten and finally the diabetes took him. The collie was 17 and she just couldn't go anymore.

I take sis tomorrow for her tests results, and we are keeping a positive outlook.

Gotta run, I have a twelve hour shift again tonight.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    {{gwi:26777}}

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Okay Ladies, Deni feels bad that everyone has forgotten her,
    so how about anyone who cares go leave a message for her on the td yahoo site, just a hi we miss you would be nice, I don't think any of us would like to be forgotten. thankyou hugs

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Carol, I went to her website, and I left a pm message :O)

Running out the door to go to work,
    Annie

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago

Hello T.D.'s!!

I have a bit of spare time before a day full of running errands, picking up building supplies, and working in the beautiful sunshine. Thought it would be a great time to finally come and catch up with my pals. Sorry it's been so long. Things have been a bit hectic to say the least.

Annie, I know today is test result day and I am hoping and praying that your Sister gets good news. I was sorry to hear about Shelby too. DH has kidney stones but they haven't caused him any problems yet. Doc found them when doing a routine physical exam. a few years ago. Big hugs to you & your family. I said a prayer for Brenda.

Deni, how wonderful the trophy sounds! Can't wait to see it. Miss you and Meghan.

Jo, love the idea of a "Kid's Swap". And what about that sweet baby?? Any pics? How is DD doing?

Nancy, LOL, there's lots I can't do. For example, cooking and cleaning. ; ) I'd much rather be backhoe-ing, lol. I ran it on Saturday and started working on a bed that will sit on the left side of my driveway entrance. Hope to do some more today.

Sharon, My Jap. Maples do great here in Z5/6. I've never got any seeds yet, though. My newest is 'Butterfly' which is a gorgeous variegate. I love my 'Sango Kaku' too. Great color. I hope they all do well when I dig them up and move to my new backyard.
    I can already relate to your microscope story. I am constantly short of breath. Told DH he needs to string a rope up the steps so I can pull myself up, lol. It's hard to get used to going from never getting winded (I could run 10 miles without a huff or a puff) to barely being able to walk from the kitchen to the living room without a nap. Whew!
    I didn't do any shopping on Black Friday. Never do. Although DH wanted me to go to Best Buy real bad for the early bird deals. Esp. the computer deal. We already have 3 computers and need one more like we need another hole in our heads.

Shirley, that cake!! OMG, I almost gagged when I saw it, lol. It is hysterical. I'd love the recipe. DH is totally freaked out by my Pookie's litter box and i'd love to make him that cake. : )
    Belly as a TV tray....hmmmm......great idea!!
    I want to come to Pigeon Forge with you!! Bet you'll have the best time. I really loved my visit there and cherish the memories from our motorcycle ride down the Blue Ridge Parkway. The following summer was our bad accident in New York and vacations on the bike will never be the same for me. I told DH we'll do the Blue Ridge again someday, and hopefully I can enjoy it like I did before.

Sherri, Anatomy and Physiology will be quite interesting. Glad things are going well for you. Keep us posted. A quiz would be fun.

Paul, your Secret Santa swap is so much fun. I've really enjoyed reading about all the goodies everyone is receiving and trying to figure out who's the secret sender. My package will probably be going out last minute. It has to be just perfect. ...

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Quick Hi!!! Going back out to clean up more bed's & take advantage of the 60's today, Will chack back later:)Anita

Happy Belated Birthday Cindy

• mareas
    17 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK CINDY!!
    I sure hope you had a beautiful day and here is wishing you 100 more vibrantly healthy times to celebrate 'em...

Dawn - what views!!!
    We have about 4 more weeks to go on the moving. It's snowed 2 inches here today so I'm online instead of out looking for more apple boxes...

Betty, I have daffodils in bloom! Thanks again.

I THINK i can guess those last 2 boxes, too. LOL! ~m'

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Marea-Snow already? I know you will be so glad when all the moving comes to an end. Just think of all the help you could have gotten if the TD's lived closer.

Annie-Let us know about your sister's test results when you can. Thinking of your family.

Dawn-Yes come to Pigeon Forge with us, there will be plenty of room. You are not working so you are free to
    go right now. Alot of motorcyle riders love riding the
    winding roads in this area. The sad thing is alot of them
    wreck and get killed. We read about them in the newspaper all the time. Love the view from your office.

Cindy-Wasn't your little nephew Noah born close to Thanksgiving last year? Would love to see pictures of him.

Ok let's see..Where is Bambi, Laura, Jaye, Jo, Carmen, & Barb? Missing you ladies.

Shirley

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago

Hi everyone!

I received my first official Christmas Card of the season today. Thank you Carol!!!

I babysat all day, then went over to our new place to help DH for a bit. He sent me home because the glue he was using had a strong smell.
    Good news is that the floor is on, and we are ready for walls! Yippee!

Marea, hope that snow isn't headed our way. They are calling for flurries on Saturday. Our beautiful temperatures are about to take a dive.

Dianne, how is the living room re-do going? Any new ideas? I've got my paint picked out for my new kitchen. DH thinks i'm getting ahead of myself, lol. You've got me thinking about a red room now. I've never had a room w/ color other than my bathroom. I'm planning to use color in most of the new place.

Where are our Mary's?? Haven't heard from them in a while.

Well, time to get dinner started. It's only 8pm, lol. DH should be rolling in anytime now.

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• mary_s
    17 years ago

Hey! I am still alive! I had DD and boyfriend home for the first 3 days of last week. She went home Wed. DS came for Thanksgiving and Friday we all went to Minneapolis to celebrate a big family Christmas with DH's family. Sooo, I have been cooking big time! We're still eating some leftovers this week!Hopefully life will slow down a bit before the holidays hit!

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! Thanks to everyone who sent good wishes!The weather for Thanksgiving weekend was lovely but unfortunately we ran into an Ice storm before we reached home. Not a fun drive the last hour or so! We saw several accidents, one right ahead of us, and we were thankful just to get home!

I decided to tear into the Christmas decorations yesterday after work. What a mess I now have everywhere!

The mail came today and what a nice surprise I had! My Secret Santa sent me a whole boxful of surprises!
    -A candleholder shaped like a daylily. Its sooo cool. I will have to take a picture!You gals will absolutely love it...I know I do!
    -also included a green candle and you'll never believe this but the scent is called "HOSTA" Oh my hostas never smelled that good!
    -Green Tea Lotion, smells so good!
    -Winter Potpouri...the box smelled so good the minute I opened it!
    -Lindor Truffles (my absolute favorite candy!)
    - Christmas Peanut M&Ms...yum!
    -An amaryllis, 'Papileo'(Butterfly)
    -Osmocote fertilizer...can always use that!
    -Honeysuckle soap, smells so good, mmmmm!
    -The cutest little penguin ornament
    -A cute little Christmas stocking
    -Two green hand towels with a fishing moose...these will be perfect at the Lake!
    -Floral snips...yea! I needed those!

Thank you Secret Santa...I absolutely adore everything!

Well after receiving the gifts, I realized I needed to mail my SS package out soon as the weatherman is calling for really cold and snowy tomorrow and the next few days, so I packed up everything and off it went!I made it just in time for the last truck out today . Horay!

Belated birthday wishes to Cindy and Deni too!
    Cindy, loved seeing your pretty garden pictures. Looks like you have alot of room!

Carol, your puppy is so adorable!

I was at the Mall of America Saturday and what a mob! I did not buy much but did alot of walking! I can appreciate all you "Black Friday shoppers!"

Dawn, You must be feeling better. I am so glad for that!The house is coming along! You must be so excited!

Well I better go and try to get some of this stuff picked up!
    MaryS

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    Sorry that I only pop in, NANCY I 'M GOING TO GET YOU FOR THIS ONE!!!!

Nancy will be coming back, Right Nancy???? Love you:)Anita

• bigbelly
    17 years ago

Hi!
    I was wondering if I could join your group?

• cody_mi
    17 years ago

ooohhh, i don't know BB, we're pretty full up right now. we'd need to see a list of 16 references plus a urine and blood sample. also a short 1500 word essay on why you'd like to be a part of this group. i believe that should do it.

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

bigbelly-The more the merrier I say. We are now sending our secret Christmas trades. LOL I say yes to bigbelly joining.

Cody-a 1500 word essay is quite lengthy, what about a 500 word essay?

Shirley

• cannahavana
    17 years ago

No beer guts accepted.

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Good Morning :O) :O)

Just one more night and then I'm off till Monday night at 11p.m.

I agree with Cody and Shirley letting BB joining, and I agree that a 1500 word essay is quite lengthy. Cody are you a teacher by chance???

We have good news, sis does not have cancer, it is sarcoidosis.The treatment for it is predizone. She is a diabetic, and so she will have to take her blood sugar 4 times a day because it can play havic with diabetes but we can sure live with that. Everyday I keep saying our family is lucky and so blessed.What more could we ask for.

The forcast is saying 6-10 inches of the white stuff.......somtime today. But hey, I do live in the Mid-West, and I do love the snow. I just don't do well driving in it, and I just know there is a ditch with my name on it somewhere. LOL

Going to get some sleep. I hope everyone has a great day.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• pchanggeo
    17 years ago

Too funny... I'll accept BB's 1500 word essay. It'll probably be a belly full o' laughs. You can send the urine sample to Cody.

SECRET SANTA SWAP REMINDER
    Sounds like some of us need this weekend to complete our shopping, so the deadline to mail has been extended to Monday, December 4.
    Yes, I'm compiling all the posts about what people received. I can send it out when the guessing begins. I'm thinking the guessing should be private via email directly to me. If people start posting their guesses here... I'm thinking I can probably figure out who sent to who just from the guesses... and I know there are people smarter than me here so... or maybe I'm giving y'all too much credit :-)

Have a good week everyone.
    Paul

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Fiddle Paul I was hoping you would let us do it on here but you have already figured it out. You will probably have to e-mail me through my work e-mail.

Annie-God does answer prayers and this proves it. So glad to hear the good news about your sister. Yes anything is better than the big C diagnosis. Hugs to you and your family I know you all are sighing a big relief sigh right now.

Shirley

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Hi All,

((((Nancy))),
    I don't see a post from you????

Jo,
    Thanks for letting me know, Yes, you worried me, that's not like you to not post in so long, glad all is well,

Paul,
    Thank you so much, yes I am one of them that need more time for my box:)

Carol,
    Your baby's are so cute, My dog's are so old, but I am so not looking forward to the puppy day's again,

Cindy,
    Sure hope you are still with us here, that sure is some garbage,

Shirley,
    We would be millionaires if we could bottle it & sell it, Good luck on your trade;)

Canna,
    Do you still have Snow Bank Brug? I lost the one you sent me, if you do I would love to trade you for some come spring?

Mary s,
    You have been very busy, I think I'm going to start getting Christmas stuff out next week, I cant believe we are 1 day away from December.

Annie,
    Great news on sis:) SNOW!! No, I'm not ready for it yet.

I had another wonderful day I could work on cleanup in my bed's, so I spent another day out in the fresh air & I'm ready to jump in the shower & head off to bed

• bourret
    17 years ago

Annie - That's GREAT NEWS! Thank the Lord she doesn't have cancer.

Lisa

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Annie I'm so glad for your sister!

Anita, what is going on with JO?

No snow for us ... just rain, rain, rain. Sure wish it had snowed, then I would be more into the Christmas spirit.

It was so warm Thanksgiving weekend this year, that tons of people have put up their Christmas Lights. Oh, it is so pretty! I only lit up my Japanese Maple which is close to the front of the house. Looks like a round ball when lit. :o)

We've had trouble with the neighbors kids the last couple years. They pull out the bulbs in the lights, so after I go through all the work of putting up the lights, they don't work. :o(

Shirley, I just read your email about your spiny sea urchin that died. I just won a double fan off the LA, so maybe we could set something up in the spring.

Off to clean, write my Christmas letter, and decorate for Christmas. Oh, and hubby took a vacation day, so maybe ....

Sharon

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Sharon-Oh yes please save me a fan of spiny sea urchin, I will trade you whatever for it.

DH's Company had their Christmas Dinner last night for the employees and I ate way too much. I work so hard to get weight off and then I over eat when I go to something like that. I don't understand why I do that, I am sooooo mad at my myself this morning.

I'm also ticked off at the Government. DH got his bonus check for the year and they took 40% of it. That's highway robbery they should have just took the whole thing. I reckon because it's a gift they tax it to death.

Thanks for listening to me gripe. GGGGRRRRRRRR

Shirley

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,

Sharon,
    Jo is fine, she has just been real busy, Hopefully she has time to post soon.

Shirley,
    I know what you are talking about, they get us one way or the other, so sad! Stop over on TNN # 1 for a good laugh, I sure got a good one out of it this morning:) She's sooo funny!!

off to pick up the house, have an ISP meeting for DS today,

• auntiebirrd
    17 years ago

Hello everyone!
    I have been appointed by my sister Dawn to be an Honorary Traveling Daylily while she is on "maternity leave." I am excited to get to chat with all of you...I know what wonderful friends you have been to her! I will visit occassionally to let you know how she's doing & relay any messages she has. I hope I'm not intruding.
    I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my niece or nephew. My new baby Brooklyn needs a playmate!
    I have read some of your posts, and I look forward to chatting. Oh, and Cody, my blood & urine samples are in the mail~
    Jenna (auntiebirrd)

• luvmybulbs
    17 years ago

Hi everyone, hows the weather? Tuesday it was over 70 and today it was 22. It seems like everytime I post here now I get to report I lost a tree :o) But this time I have lost 2 evergreens. We are in the middle of a ice storm, lost power last night at 10. My dad brought his generator over tonight, so I have heat. I sent the boys to g-mas so they don't have to deal with this. They say the power could be out 4-5 days. Crazy!

I have been reading the emails and I can't believe that girl once again decieving people.

Annie, great news on your sister that is wonderful.

Happy Birthday Cindy!

Welcome auntibirrd-Dawn is the greatest!!! I hope you post her pictures too, I love looking at her progress!

Anyone know how I should take care of an Upright Elephant Ear? I brought it in from outside and I don't know how much to water it. If you guys don't have one of these thing, you must get one, it grew awesome this year.

Gotto go, take care

Angie

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Thanks everyone for the pick-me-up about sis, it is appreciated more than you will ever know.

Welcome auntibirrd! So nice to have you are with us. Dawn is such a sweet,generous,and caring person. Please keep us informed about Dawn and baby Schoedel.

We got around 11 inches of snow so I just returned home from going to work Thursday night. They didn't plow out the drive way and I was up to my axels in snow. The maintance crew finally got my car out this morning.This is a new home, and go figure, they didn't have a snow shovel in any of the apartments.

There is just no place like home, being in warm pjs on a cold day. I'm off now till Monday night at 11pm, I work 12 hrs then off again till Friday night. I'm going to take this time to get out my decorations and at least look at them. I collect them every year from home-made, hallmark, Old World Chrismas and etc. I don't know if I will put up all 6 trees but I do know I will put up at least one. With my brood of cats it is real hard to keep them out of the trees, and they do play havic on the decorations.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

I'M AFRAID
    WHO IS GOING TO START THE NEW THREAD WITH DAWN BEING GONE AND JO BEING SO BUSY?