SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisound

Needed to Vent about neighbor

lisound
10 years ago

So the neighbor down the street from me always plants a garden in june. He buys store plants and throws them in the ground in a closed fenced area about 8 x 8 out near the road.

That's it. I only see him tend the garden again in august when he has a dozen tomatoes from about 10 plants.
His garden always succumbs to blight. And he just lets it wallow away, every year.
Now, this was the first year he has not grown any squash or cucumber. They always have powdery mildew by july.

I noticed, this is the first year I have not had any powdery mildew in my garden. Hummm, I wonder why.
Last year, my garden tomatoes were blighted bad starting around august.
His plants are showing signs of blight now. But he won't do anything to correct it.

The house is only 100yds or so away.
I've been spraying this year, but I assume its going to be hard for me to beat the fungal issues if this guy doesn't clean up his act.

on top of that, my next store neighbor decided to throw out a hay bale garden this year. which has just started to grow. Neither of them have ever asked me for any advice. so my feeling is, they just don't care. they're happy getting anything out of garden let alone 500lbs of veggies. which was my goal this year.
Before we moved in 5 years ago, he never had a garden. Only after I put mine in, did he do the same.

Talking to the one neighbor down the street is out of the question. he's the type that shoots you a look of death every time you drive by. Never waves, etc.

bummmer!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio