SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jadamaria

Why did ALL of my tomato plants fall over?

JadaMaria
11 years ago

A couple days ago ALL of my tomato plants fell over. I've been watering them regularly. I've been watering them daily sometimes twice a day since we've been having a heat wave. They are very healthy and have lots of flowers. They are in containers of varying sizes if that matters. Some containers are huge, some large, some medium. Another small/medium size rectangular planter I planted Flat Leaf Parsley on one side and Basil on the other has 2 miracle cherry tomato plants growing right in the middle of it. Not sure where they came from, but I just left it to see what they were. They are tomato and are now 2 maybe 3 feet tall and covered in flowers. This doesn't seem like it's possible since it's such a small space for them to grow in, but they're thriving (so is the parsley and basil) so we'll see what happens with those. ;) Do you think it's the heat or their size that made them tip over? Some were half the size of others and yet they were all toppled over. I staked them all back up, but boy was that a bummer coming out and seeing that especially since I grew them from seed and have been watching them grow for sooo long. Any info would be great!

Thanks,

Jada

Comments (11)