SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ten_yr_plan

Are WI gardeners still dormant? Share this yrs promises

ten_yr_plan
15 years ago

I must say this forum for WI seems to have a low activity level. Is it the time of yr? I have spring fever BAD, but I thought it may be fun to share what my goal, promises are to myself it for this yrs garden. Maybe we could have a story swap, share a few laughs.

first.. I promis to keep up much better on pruning my tomatoes! they always seem to get the best of me late in the season. I usually have this same goal every year - LOL. been 4 seasons of tomatoes with this goal. my first yr with tomatoes in the ground vs containers I put in 12 plants a couple feet apart. When they were tiny there seemed to be soo much space. I uses those 3, 4' green stakes and was all ready to tie them up as they grew. Then reality hit. I totally lost control,... added more stakes everywhere, twine here there everywhere, things falling over, a true tomato jungle. Well I started looking up pruning that winter. I make attempts, then a vacation comes along in July and I loose control again - every yr.

Second... I promise not to buy too many plants impulsively then wonder where am I going to put these?! when I get home.

finally... i won't start everything under the sun in my green house all summer long. i just love having one and want to try everything. oh, maybe keeping better organized records too.

looking over this I laugh,.. I actually looking forward to this?! Gotta luv it 2 do it.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH