SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ducky8_gw

School Garden

Ducky8
21 years ago

I am the garden coordinator (Free Weed Puller) for a Middle School in Temple, Texas. Last year a Military Troop that adopted the school came to the school and put in railroad ties to fix a problem that the school had of the yard washing down the road. Now it is built up and it looks great. There were plants donated and a Group called B. E. M. E. R. S. (something amount beautification education math, science) anyway it was a group of kids that stayed after school and planted plants. Nothing was put down first to keep the grass from growing and now there is grass and weeds in the beds. It was totally neglected over the summer and the weeds took over. The Army troop came and helped all day pulling weeds and putting down compost. The beds never got completely done. To make this long story shorter, I would like to yank up the plant that are there and plant some kind of plant that would fill out and cover the beds. I would like it to be able to exist with the grass and choke it out. I would like for it to be maybe 12 inches or little more taller. And it looks great all year long. Very low maintenance and very little water required, since it is not taken care of during the summer months.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor