SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

NEW: Secret Santa Seed Swap

flwrs4ever
15 years ago

Secret Santa Seed Swap...Please join in the spirit of Christmas, and become Santa, Mrs Clause, or an Elf for the season !!

1. This will be a wish list swap, please post your TOP 20

wishes, here on the SS thread..( also make sure your

want list is up to date, incase Santa wants to take a

Peek !)

2. Posting a wish list, signs you up to particapate in this swap...deadline to post wishlists will be November 24th.

3. All seeds need to be mailed out on Dec 1st ( so santa has time to get to all his other commitments for the season)

Ok, soooo everyone will post a TOP 20 WISH LIST...and then send their mailing address to me. On November 24th , I will mail all the Santas, Mrs Clauses, and elves a list of participants addresses. If you have something on the persons WISH LIST...you will mail it to them on DEC 1st..preferably with a Christmas Card.

This swap, is to spread the Holiday cheer..it will be so much fun to surprise people with a nice card, and some seeds that they are really wanting.

Sooo, would you like to recieve some of your "wishes" this season, or maybe Just want to be able to share with someone this season...Christmas IS about giving !

This Santa is looking forward to filling alot of "wishes", ok...so where is your "wish list ??"

Comments (151)

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Wow!

So Many... I will definately be busy the last week of Nov...

Early Happy Thanksgiving!

• mpmom
    15 years ago

This is such a wonderful ideal. I really don't have anything to share this year but hopefully I will next, trying to rebuild my gardens.
    Thank you very much.

my wish list:

amaranthus
    bachelor buttons
    bee balm
    bellflower
    birdhouse gourds
    butterfly weed
    cleome
    cosmos
    cranesbill
    honesty
    larkspur
    marigold
    paw paw
    poppy
    red hollyhock
    salvia
    sneezeweed
    zinnia
    anything for cottage garden

Lesa
    gw: mpmom

• Related Discussions

NEW: December 2011 Seeds-n-Stitches Secret Santa Swap

Q

Comments (86)
    Bev, I'm glad you liked your package. It was a lot of fun putting together, and when I thought I had enough, I'd come across something else to put in it...lol! When I was wrapping your gifts, Bump was watching and "administrating", and Stella still swears she helped! She kept getting into the wrapping paper and sitting on it! When I saw the canister of old-time candy it made me think of my childhood, and I was hoping it would do the same for you. Sadly, the canister was a bit bigger than the box was deep, but the candy made it through, which was the most important thing. As for the seam ripper and pins, I got those on one of my excursions to joanns. I was needing both, and I figured you could always use them too. ENJOY! -Dan ____________________________________________________ Still needing to send their packages: Linda and Bev. ____________________________________________________
    ...See More

NEW: Secret Santa Seed Swap 2009 (Second Annual)

Q

Comments (150)
    My first wish is for a wonderful, loving and safe holiday season for everyone. This is a first for me and it sounds like so much fun. My thanks to all who participate and especially to the Secret Santa Swap hostess, Kym, who obviously donates many hours to make this all happen. Here is my wish list and I thank everyone who takes the time to read it. Happy gardening next spring and a very Merry Christmas to all ... Mary Nepeta fassennii - 'Walker's Low' Catmint Rosemary - Rosmarinus angustifolia 'Pine Scented' Eupatorium dubium 'Little Joe' - Joe Pye Weed Rudbeckia triloba - Three-lobed Coneflower Orlaya grandiflora - White Lace Flower Clasping Coneflower Artemisia Pentas Heuchera / Coral Bells Silene laciniata- Jack Flash Silene virginica - Fire Pink Forget-me-not Chasmanthium latifolium - 'Northern Sea Oats' ornamental grass Dutchman's pipe vine Wooly thyme Bacopa Alyssum - Basket of Gold (perennial) Bee Balm / Monarda - Jacob Cline Phlox Mexican Hat Daisy - Crazy Daisy Lettuce - Oakleaf or looseleaf variety Coreopsis 'Creme Brulee Coreopsis verticillata 'Zagreb'
    ...See More

UPDATE: secret santa seed swap thank you's and games

Q

Comments (150)
    Was gonna post this last night,...-sigh-...but,...once again I fell asleep at the keyboard. Sometimes this dang chair really is just way too comfortable. LOL! - Anywayyyyy,...sorry. Ahem,...now, to continue. Okay, so two days ago I received two more fantastic seed laden Christmas cards,... From tbbgardens (Trudy): A really nice, snowy card with a pair of Cardinal birds (my MIL's feathery fave), and YEAH,...Back Pearl Pepper seeds (another Wishlist BIGGIE!!), also Scarlet Creeper Vine (We have lots of chainlink fence here at our new place just begging for vines of all kinds, plus we also have an arbor out back), Hoya (Pretty! Flower stars!) and Anise Hyssop (From what I've read, this is one heckuva perennial herb! Great looks, great scent, and leaves for tea)! Never tried any of these, but now I'm sure gonna!! Thank you so very much Trudy, for the beautiful card and seeds, and for all the helpful information! :) From ruthz (Ruth, of course): A cool "Let it snow" card with a plastic window featuring simulated snow and a view of a jolly snowman, and no less than three more selections from my Wishlist!! Lemon Drop Pepper (Yessss!), more Black Pearl Pepper (Lovin' it!) and Eupatorium rugosum ‘Chocolate’ (Tallish, with purple-bronze leaves and white flower clusters - Niiice!! Thank you soooooo much, Ruth!! :) Cards and seeds received yesterday... From wishdesign (Jean): A cute "Share the joy of the season" card with a plush-toyish-looking reindeer offering symbols of the season as gifts. Now,...for the seeds (O Boy, O Boy, O Boy!!), first off, more Lemon Drop Pepper (Genetic diversity rocks,...who wants inbred peppers?! The more the merrier!!), Goji Berry (Majorly doing the Happy Dance!! Yeah baby!! Definitely a SUPER BIG TIME want from my Wishlist!!) and Indian Ginseng (Aswagandha - A medicinal herb for folks with insomnia, and the berries can be used as a substitute for Rennet in cheese making...totally rippin' cool!!). Thanks bunches, Jean!! Oh,...and the little red zippies, uber nice touch!! :) From missmojo (Lisa): A cool, handmade Christmas card, stamped with an image of holly and "Happy Holidays!", with purple Balloon Flower seeds (Yip-yip YES! My SIL only has blue,...guess who's gonna be wanting whose seeds now!! He-he!) Thanks a bunch, Lisa! :) Today's card... From dirtdaddy (David): How totally cool! An Elvis card! Could easily be the cover-art for The King's Blue Christmas single (if there ever was such)! - Ahhhh, now for the seeds! Man-O-man! More Black Pearl Pepper (Enough is never enough!!), more Lemon Drop Pepper (Like I said for Black Pearl), Thai Red Hot Pepper (Yeah! It's cold outside, stoke the fire!), Dr. Wyche's Yellow tomato (From the late Dr. John Wyche - Oooo, a real good one, to be sure!!), Jimmy Nardello Pepper (Sweet and light when eaten raw, classic Italian frying pepper, a favorite non-hot. - Hmmm, methinks a bit o' culinary experimentation is definitely in order), Bush Moon Flower (White Datura? We have Moon Flower vine, Morning Glory type.) Thanks loads, David!! :)
    ...See More

NEW: Secret Santa Swap turns Birthday Seed Extravaganza

Q

Comments (150)
    Alright, I *think* I have my list updated, but we all know that's a day by day thing! It's kinda like Pokemon- Gotta catch 'em all! LOL! As far as my preferences, I'll be doing the card/seed swap, but not the others. I've found that I prefer RR swaps to true RRs, so I'm not going to do the Pinata. And Vincent and Devin are already involved in a children's birthday swap as well as being very well enabled by various Garden Buddies around here :) I'm not sure how much more their garden beds can hold! Now I just need to get around to updating my trade list of things I have available to trade :) Kathy
    ...See More
  • Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Well, I better join in on the fun! I see some I can do.
    Here is my wish list (plus others on my page)! :

Lewisia's-any
    epimediums-any
    double bloodroot
    named daylilies or crosses
    pulmonarias-any
    siberian iris-any besides purple
    verbascums
    matchstick mums
    chocolate vine (lost mine!)
    franklinia alatamaha
    goldenseal (lost mine!)
    semiaquilegias-any
    fireweed
    any chocolate peppers or tomatoes
    white or pink cannas, bengal tiger canna
    any bear's breeches
    any variegated plants for shade
    shade loving plants -any type
    cirsiums
    sunrise serenade (mine didn't do well), and japanese mgs don't have
    I am sure there are tons more, just can't think of them right now! LOL!
    Happy Holidays everyone!
    Melinda

• dirtduchess
    15 years ago

Oh, I love this. Sharing and receiving. My want list is...
    Gerbera Daisy
    Butterfly Weed
    Million Bell Petunia
    Bay Leaf
    Mock Orange
    Passion Flower
    Heirloom Tomatoes
    Guara
    Love in a Mist
    Brugmasia
    Nasturtium
    Herbs
    Mandavilla
    Veronica
    Poppy
    Coneflower
    Zinnia
    Hyacinct Bean Vine
    Corkscrew Vine
    Foxglove

Happy Holidays and Peace to You'All.
    Patsy

• misskimmie
    15 years ago

Hi all. This sounds like so much fun. Here's part of my wish list.

1 love-lies-bleeding - Amaranthus caudatus
    2 Yvonne's Giant Salvia
    3 Monarda Bergamo
    4 Any penstemon except for "husker's red"
    5 Queen Anne's Thimbles
    6 Meadow Sage Salvia nemorosa amethyth
    6 Echinacea Coconut Lime or Coneflower paradoxa Yellow
    7 Snapdragons for the cutting garden
    8 Balloon Flower - Astra Double Lavender
    9 Bergenia Redstart - Bergenia cordifolia Redstart
    10 Butterfly Weed Gay Butterflies -Asclepias tuberosa Gay Butterflies
    11 Carnation Clove Drops
    12 Digitalis Silver Fox
    13 Garden Pink Siberian Blues
    14 Hollyhock Creme de Cassis
    15 Gomphrena (Globe Amaranth)
    16 Yellow Foxglove-Digitalis grandiflora
    17 Heirloom vegetables suitable for north east gardens
    18 Salad Burnet
    19 St. Johnswort-Hypericum perforatum
    20 Amish paste tomato and other Heirloom tomatoes except yellow pear

Thanks! Hope everyone gets a surprise from Santa!

kim

• dirtygert
    15 years ago

Hi Kym and everyone!

This will be my first year wintersowing. I've 'recruited' 3 friends to try it with me. And we are SO EXCITED!! I have been amassing seeds for all of us to WS and am using this RR to round out our interests. I have very little to share but have seen a few things listed that will allow me the opportunity to play Santa, too.

Thanks, Kym, for initiating this --- it's been fun to watch what others want for their gardens. Many, many blessings for all of you and your families, too.

Kathie

Dahlia
    Foxglove
    Hollyhock
    Purple Majesty millet
    Sweet Peas
    Yvonne's Salvia
    Aunt Gertie's Gold tomato
    Aunt Ruby's German Green tomato
    Cherokee Chocolate tomato
    Cherokee Purple tomato
    Indian Stripe tomato
    Marianna's Peace tomato
    Neves Azorean Red tomato
    Opalka tomato
    Romeo tomato
    Sunset's Red Horizons tomato
    Elephant garlic
    Muzik garlic
    any kind of flower for a cutting garden

• christieb199
    15 years ago

Wow I can not believe the response that this Secret Santa is getting. Almost 100 people!!

Great idea. And happy holidays to all!

• paulan70
    15 years ago

Ok I will toss my list into the mix. I also have some peoples wish items.

Ok here are my wishes

1.Lobelia Cardinalis
    2.Pansy diferent colors
    3.Indian Pink
    4.penstemon--espirit
    5.Fuchsia Fuseedia Mixed
    6.toad lilies
    7.PETUNIAS---- really want these as I lost most of plants so I need the seeds. Would prefer the wave or cascading varieties but am open to the others as well.
    Petunias
    8.Strawberry sundae
    9.The daddy series...blue, orchid, pink etc.
    10.ultra star mix
    11.celebrity series
    12.merlin series --- really want this one
    13.the petunias with veins in the flowers
    14.Gazania
    15.Gerbera Daisy-any kind

1. Barflower both black and white
    2. Hibiscus (except yellow)
    3. Star impatiens
    4. Geranium reflection
    5. Lobelia Fan Sslmon
    6. Highlight Zinnia

Ok so I added one extra seed.But as I said I have a few of the seeds from a few peoples wish list.

Paula

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello everyone
    I have all my whishes I can send out all ready to go I'm gonn go get the postage amount needed and get them stamped so all I'll need to do is address them and pop them in the mail box. I'm rilly surprised by how many I was able to come up with.
    great lists everyone
    michelle

• vikingkirken
    15 years ago

I am reposting my list, as generous traders have provided some things from my original one!!

New list:

HERBS:
    - Chervil
    - Comfrey, Russian
    - Sweet Woodruff (white)
    - Thyme, Lemon

FLOWERS:
    - Calendula (the "usual" single/semi-double golden orange kind)
    - Clematis montana (any; four-petal flowers and sweet vanilla scent)
    - Columbine, double
    - Cosmos, Chocolate
    - Echinacea / Coneflower "Coconut Lime"
    - Echinacea / Coneflower "Tiki Torch"
    - Gaillardia dakota "Reveille"
    - Hibiscus "Lagas Orange"
    - Hibiscus "Lagos Orange"
    - Monarda / Bee Balm "Raspberry Wine"
    - Oriental Poppy "Royal Wedding"
    - Oriental Poppy "Watermelon"
    - Petunias with SMALL flowers, like "Baby Duck"

PEPPERS:
    - Chervena Chushka
    - Costa Rican
    - Trinidad Perfume

And I'm so excited to see that I have some of the things people are looking for! =)

Thanks,
    Lori

• vikingkirken
    15 years ago

Whoops, I see someone pointed out that the Chocolate Cosmos and Coconut Lime Coneflower can't be grown from seed... sorry!! So can I substitute these two instead:

- any cut-short bean, especially "White Greasy Cut-Short"
    - Yellow Potato Onion (also called Yellow Multiplier or Hill/Mother/Pregnant Onion)

I should have just put these in my original list as they are REALLY wanted, but I didn't realize how many people were doing veggies at first!

Lori

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We are up to 89 Wish lists....This just shows you how giving everyone on this site is !!! I have to admit..I had planned on mailing to each person that posted, but I can no longer afford to do it..so I will be doing as many as I can !

Ok, I would LOVE to see the rest of the lurkers, and newbies post a wish list !! I know there are more of ya..PLEASE join in the celebration of the holiday with us !

11 more days to get your wish list posted !!!! Dont miss out on the fun !!

Thanks to all of you that HAVE joined ! Happy Holidays !

Kym

• dawnbrn
    15 years ago

Okay, I'm in. I'll be sending you my addr. Looks like fun!

1) Chelone Hot lips-any other than pink
    2) Campanula pink octopus
    3) Coreopsis-other than yellow and tinctoria--looking for reds, pinks
    4) Baptisia Twilight Prairieblues, Choc.chip, screamin'yellow
    5) Fresh Brugs
    6) TALL fragrant Nicotianas
    7) tall red colors of Sunflowers & white
    8) Delphiniums any other than bl. bflys
    9) Corydalis-blue ones and choc. stars

1. Foxgloves in yellow and colors other than pink & purple.
    2. Scarlet Flax
    3. Thalictrum Black Stockings
    4. Iris Fulva-copper iris
    5. schizopetalon walkeri Milky Way
    6. toad lilies-any blue, reds, yellow colored ones
    7. Lupines
    8. anything fragrant, interesting, usual, or too good not to try! :) Thank you very much!

Dawn

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

I've been thinking that sending the seeds in a card is probably not going to work. Several people have posted that seeds get damaged that way. If it is small enough to go through the machine the seeds will get smashed. I'm not sure that putting bubble wrap around a pack of seeds is going to protect it either. The reason people use bubble envelopes is that they have to be hand sorted and that way the seeds aren't crushed by the machines. Any one else thought of this and have any ideas?

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi....First, I didnt ask people to mail the seeds INSIDE of a card....I asked them to send seeds and include a card. If you are only mailing one pack of seeds...using bubble wrap inside of a card, and marking hand cancel on the envie is ok...we did this last year and it worked fine...I even had someone send me three kinds of seeds...anyways...if you are mailing someone a lot of thier wishes, then they should be placed into a bubble envie.

Most people use bubble envies....and again I did not say to mail them only inside of a card. Any more questions, please feel free to emial me.

• intelkid
    15 years ago

Top 20 Wish List:

1. Angel's Trumpets "White" or "Red" (Brugmansia Suaveolens)
    2. Bird of Paradise
    3. Bonsai
    4. Chamomile (Matricaria Recutita)
    5. Desert Rose "Black Emperor"
    6. Easter Cactus (Hatiora Gaertneri)
    7. Festuca "Powder Blue"
    8. Fuchsia "Blue Eyes"
    9. Iceplant "Starburst" (Delosperma floribunda)

1. Japanese Blood Grass (Imperata Cylindrica 'Rubra')
    2. Jasmine "Tuscan Blue"
    3. Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia)
    4. Lomandra Longifolia "Breeze"
    5. Lowbush Blueberry (Vaccinium Angustifolium)
    6. Neanthe Bella Palm - Parlor Palm (Chamaedorea Elegans)
    7. Passion Flower "Blue"
    8. Rosemary
    9. Sensitive Plant / Touch-Me-Not (Mimosa Pudica)
    10. Telegraph Plant aka Semaphore Plant (Codariocalyx Motorius)
    11. White Sage (Salvia Apiana)

Any kind for #: 1,3,4,5,8,9,11,12,16 will be fine

Thank You!
    -David

• intelkid
    15 years ago

Is it fine that I change # 13. Lomandra Longifolia "Breeze"

to

Valerian (Valeriana officinalis)

That should of been in my top 20! Silly me! :)

-David

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Kym,

I had the same thought! I figured how much could it cost to order a few dozen packets of seeds and send to everyone. Well, that won't be happening! I'm surprised by how many people have joined.

I bought two packages of xmas cards and will send to that many people,some have one packet and others will have more.

About the mailing in a card, I have tons of bubble wrap to wrap and send in an envy, should i actually write
    "hand cancel" on the envelope? I would hate to send someone seeds only to have them be ruined by the PO.

I have my cards all ready to go, I'm just waiting on addresses.

Have a great day everyone!!
    Lisa

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

My apologies for the misunderstanding on mailing the seeds.

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lisa, Last season, when we did this...I put hand cancel on the cards that I sent, with a small peice of bubble wrap around the seeds. I received over 20 cards, and a few bubble envies, and I didnt receive a single one with squashed seeds....ALTHOUGH..we cant send larger seeds, or multiple packs this way...as I think there would be a chance.

I would like to ask everyone to use your best judgement on mailing...we all dont want to send, receive...squashed seeds....ALSO we dont want to spend a lot on postage.

I am off to buy some cards, and finish getting my seeds ready to mail also.

Lisa, you and Micrey are fast with those seeds ! There are soo many great want lists...It has been taking me a long time to get thru them all !!

proudgm_03...no apologies needed...I want everyone happy with doing this, and questions are great, so no one will be unhappy ! Anyone feel free to email me, if you have questions or concerns.

Kym

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Once we are done with sign ups...NOVEMBER 24th is the last day to join !! I will be sending everyone an email with a list of addresses...so PLEASE make sure I have your mailing address !!

AFTER we are done with sign ups....and when you are done putting your seeds together...would you ....

PLEASE SEND ME A LIST OF WHOM YOU ARE MAILING TO.... I do not need to know WHAT you are mailing...just a list of screen names. I want to make sure everyone is receiving something..since this list has gotten wonderfully big !!

If it is one person, or ten ( or none for some of the newbies)....I am thankful to each of you for joining ! So dont worry about how many you can, or cant send....I wouldnt ask...but I just want to make sure we ALL receive something.

BTW, If you plan to send to me...PLEASE dont add my name to the list...Id like to be surprised too ! ( and am not worried if I dont receive !!)

91 wish lists have been posted ( If I counted right..LOL) I would LOVE to see us hit 100...SOOOO PLEASE join us ! I have decided to send a "Christmas Surprise" to the 100th person to post a wish list !!!

Any questions..PLEASE send me an email...and Ill be starting a new thread soon..yes, we are almost out of room !

Happy Holidays !!

Santa

• appaloosa909
    15 years ago

This sounds like fun!

My Wish List includes...

Pink Balloon Flowers
    White Balloon Flowers
    Any Color Double Balloon Flowers
    Love lies bleeding - Pink or light colored
    Amaranthus Pony Tails
    Juliette Grape Cherry Tomato
    Opalka (SP?) paste tomato
    4 OÂClocks  Any kind, any color
    Nicotiana ( tall white variety)
    Seed Geraniums
    Perennial Geraniums
    Brandywine Suddeth Strain Tomato
    Anna Russian Tomato
    Costoluto Genovese Paste
    Grandpa Ashlock Tomato
    Chinese Giant Tomato (yup, read Brokenbar's dehydrating tomatos post)
    Cutting Celery - Smallage "afina"
    Lovage
    Butterfly Bush  Any Color
    Cucumbers - not the burpless ones

Holiday cards AND Seeds... What could be better? :)

Thanks for the great idea Kym.

Andrea
    Appaloosa909

• sheltieche
    15 years ago

I have seen few wishes for seeds that I have. So I will add my list as well. Thank you for thinking of fun and holidays!

anemonopsis macrohpylla
    aquilegia long spurred
    aster short
    begonia any
    bergenia
    calceolaria any
    campanula incurva
    campanula any interesting ones
    campion flower
    clematis herabaceous
    dictamnus
    digitalis any
    geraniums hardy
    hosta streaked
    impatiens specially species
    lily species
    silene any
    primula any
    phlox annual and perennial
    pansy and violas

Ellen

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    I spent some time at the PO the other day luckly the teller
    I got was one that knows and likes me,
    I had put the bulkyest and heavyest seeds I'm sending with bubble wrap around them and they said it would be over $1.20 for shipping becouse the BW was so fat. but I took out the BW and wraped the seeds in tissue in the card and that nocked it down to $.83 each. I think that will pad them well and they will not go through the reg 1st class machiene so squishing should not be a problem.
    I can't wait to get my christmas wishes on their way.
    I just love playing santa, but I look a bit more like an elf.
    michelle

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Hi Michelle, I recently read a whole post about this - I think it was on the seed exchange but I can't be sure. Anyway, there was much debate on how to send seeds. Several "regular" swappers advised against just wrapping the seeds in tissue, shredded paper, etc. They said the seeds were smashed when they received them. I can't say for sure. Maybe more experienced swapers will chime in on this one. I'll be putting mine the bubble wrap to be sure. I'd hate for my beloved seeds to get smushed. Again, don't take my word for it. I just read the post so I'm not positive. I'm arranging my seeds into envelopes now, too. This is so exciting! Nikki

• booberry85
    15 years ago

I had one of those weeks where everyday was Monday. So to put myself in a better mood I started packing people's seeds. Can't wait!

Thanks for hosting the swap!

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

TIP OF THE DAY:

Consider the size of your bubble envelope when purchasing your Christmas cards : )

I spent the morning going through my seed inventory, and gathering things for people's lists. Then, I realized that the cards that I purchased yesterday, are too wide for the bubble envelopes I have. No worries though, I'll get some bigger ones next week, in time to send them out.

Just thought I'd try and help prevent someone else from making the same mistake.

Bonnie

• andreaz6wv
    15 years ago

Hi,

This is my first swap, so I am very excited!!

Here's my list:

morning glory's
    tomato's (any kind)
    any gourd seeds
    pumpkin seeds, any variety
    black eyes susans
    hollyhocks
    muzik garlic
    job's tears
    any sunflower variety
    sweet peas
    sweet italian basil
    any melon seeds
    pepper seeds, any
    pole bean seeds
    sugar snap pea seeds
    coneflower
    blackberry lilly
    cockscomb

That's close enough :)

• kellycomposter
    15 years ago

Hi -

Here's my list. Sounds like it will be a fabulous Christmas!

Beards tongue red rocks
    zinnia
    fire and ice hosta
    double hollyhocks
    heirloom bush beans
    heirloom spinach
    pansy
    seabreeze salvia
    malva 'mystic merlin'
    petunia seeds - purple
    geranium
    Agastache rupestris
    anise
    blue catmint
    Penstemon Prairie Dusk
    Penstemon barbatus 'Rondo'
    Penstemon barbatus 'Elfin Pink'
    Penstemon barbatus Pinacolada Series-Violet
    Foothill penstemon
    salvia hot lips

Thanks, Kelly

• crisann
    15 years ago

Wow -- this is going to be so much fun! There are so many great wish lists. I can hardly wait til December 1st.
    Hope everyone is having a merry time going through their seeds!

crisann

• suecirish
    15 years ago

I bought my cards last night - they are so cool and so just right for a swap with my garden buds! Can't wait to get the addresses. I don't think I ever in my life looked forward to the "chore" of making out and sending out the xmas cards before! LOL
    Sue

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Ho Ho Ho
    I bought extra cards after Christmas last year. Have already started getting them ready. I keep checking the list and adding more names.
    Never have done this before. It IS FUN!

• medontdo
    15 years ago

don't use tissue!! its the worste!! i got some seeds in the mail, and they were all crushed beyond belief, it was sad, because they were some good seeds tooo, (at one time LOL) soooo, ohhh i've even gotten some hyacinthe beans in a a bubble envi in a regular envi, but one was smashed the others were ok. so ya have to be careful. now i only use the bubbly envi's, i'm not gonna cheat like i used to!! LOL
    i need to start getting my packages ready!! :') almost forgot about the cards!! WOOPS!! ~Medo

• vikingkirken
    15 years ago

Re: sending seeds in regular envelopes...

Unless I'm doing a BIG trade, or the person I'm trading with asks specifically, I generally send seeds in a regular envelope, wrapped carefully in bubblewrap (taped all around). Two layers of fresh bubblewrap is too thick to go through the automatic sorter (I had mail returned to me early on marked "insufficient postage", and the P.O. told me exactly that about the sorter. It only accomodates mail up to 1/4" thick. Oops! Now I know better!) Thicker envelopes cost 20 cents more than a regular letter. So far they have all been fine...

I have received tomato seeds and other small, flat ones like that from other traders with just some tissue around them, and they came through fine...

Lori

• plantman50
    15 years ago

Okay Santa here's my wish list.
    Heirloom Tomatoes
    Peppers
    White sage
    DahliasCucumbers
    Hardy Bamboo
    Clematis
    Monarda
    Onions
    Popcorn
    Pole beans
    Rosemary
    Lavender
    Jasmine
    Patchuli
    Basils
    Echinacea (not purple please)
    Eggplant
    Herbs
    Salad greens

Thank You Santa!!!!

• sybilkrizinski
    15 years ago

Count me in please!
    I don't know how nice I have been but here is my wish list.
    blue poppy
    lantana
    hibiscus red shield
    jasmine night blooming
    black pearl peppers
    lemon grass
    black bat flower
    agapanthus
    bonfire euphorbia
    sugar snap peas

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Last season when I did this swap..there were over 200 cards sent...that were not inside of a bubble envie, and there wasnt a ONE seed packet squashed. Most people added a small peice of bubble wrap inside the card, but I recd some that didnt. I sent my cards inside bubble envies..but most people didnt...and there wasnt anyone unhappy. So please...send them as best you can..and remember this is ALL about sharing a bit of holiday Cheer with each other ! If you choose to send inside a bubble envie..then just send to one or two people.

OK, we have 97 ( again, if I counted right inbetween other posts) SOOOO, who is gonna be next ??? I have a special surprise for the person that posts the 100th 'WISH LIST"...so lets get 3 more people TODAY to post !!!

Ok, I am off to work on more "surprises" for people...soo many great lists to go thru !!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

****** when you send me your address, PLEASE put your GW screen name under the address****

thanks !

Santa

• keeversgirl
    15 years ago

Hello everyone!! I'm new to RR, but am grateful, and extremely excited for the opportunity to be able to trade seeds!!

Here is my list:

1. Lantana "camara"
    2. Beautyberry
    3. ANY heirloom edibles
    4. Black Mamba grass
    5. pink pampass grass
    6. verbena bonariensis
    7. red twig dogwood
    8. red cosmos
    9. lavender (any suited for zone 9)

1. red clematis
    2. cannas (any red or pink)
    3. strawberry
    4. red hydrangea
    5. fuschia
    6. fuschia tree
    7. dahlias
    8. chyrsanthemum
    9. morning glory (black)
    10. gerbera
    11. crape myrtle (red)

Thanks again everyone! I already see people I can send seeds to, this is going to be awesome!!

• gimpytwice
    15 years ago

Hello To Everyone,I have'nt done a RR in years,I'm really excited so here's my list.
    Agastache-black adder
    Artemisia-Silver mound
    Goatsbeard
    Heucherella Quicksilver
    Coreopsis-Sweetdreams
    coreopsis-heavens gate
    shasta daisy-Wirral pride
    dianthus-desmond
    delphiniums- any
    hollyhock- peaches and dreams
    lavender-any
    lysimachia clethroides-gooseneck
    Monarda -any
    Balloon flower
    primula miracle
    Rudbeckia maya
    Salvia-yvonnes
    Foamflower
    Veronica-icicle
    Armeria -joystick white
    thanks to everyone

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

I've got some packages ready to go - 15 and counting! This is so much fun!!!!
    Kym, I'm excited about this swap. Hey - what was the name of this swap when you did this last year? I'd love to go revisit it, just for kicks.
    Hope everyone has a great week. Nik

• soonergrandmom
    15 years ago

I don't have a lot to share, but I can meet some of the veggie requests.

My wish list
    Black eyed susans
    cosmos
    any cottage type flower for my one sunny bed.

By spring planting time, I will have about 24 feet of trellis that is mostly sunny that is begging for vines but the soil is not wonderful. I will be improving it tho.

Anything else that will grow where there is a lot of shade since I have huge trees.

• retsec
    15 years ago

I'd like to join. I've never done RR before. Here is my list:

Coleus
    Dwarf sunflowers
    Gerber Daisy
    Armenian cucumber
    Grape Tomato
    Toad Lily
    Million Bell Petunia
    Baby Duck Petunia
    Wave Petunia
    Desert Rose
    New Guinea Impatiens
    Calico Vine
    Pitcher Plant
    Butterfly Vine
    English Daisy
    Flowering Maple
    Spanish Flag
    Football Mum
    Black Eye Susan Vine
    Blue Daisy

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Well, I see my question was already answered! LOL
    I was going to ask about bubble wrap in a reg envie or card. I've sent and rec'd several like that and only had one problem just recently with some seeds, they were big and several got crushed, but she said they looked like they were wrapped very good. I did rec some hollyhock seeds in a reg. envie, 2 large packages in the same envi, one was crushed to beyond recognition, the other was fine! Go figure.
    Vic

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Okay, Medo and CarolynP effectively twisted my arm! I'm in! I see some things that I can fill requests for, too, which is going to be such fun!

I am concerned over the names that noone else has picked to send to yet. Is there any way we can pick from the list of people that haven't been picked yet to be sure we're sending something to everyone? I'd love to volunteer to send things I have to several of them to be sure to spread the holiday spirit more evenly. Just LMK how you want to handle that issue, Kym, okay? I'd be happy to wait until you get a list from other people of who they're sending to before I pack up my seeds.

Here's my list. The first two are my biggest wants; the rest are simply in alphabetical order:

1. Fruit - (anything that makes good fruit for eating/canning when grown from seed) *BIGGEST WISH*
    2. Vegetables - (just about ANY not on my list as I'm collecting seed from tons of stuff to hopefully have an insanely huge stash to plant from and share)
    * Bay Laurel Tree (Bay Leaves)
    * Berries (any edibles)
    * Chinese Lantern (prefer named varieties)
    * Corn, Ornamental - (any variegated variety)
    * Custard Apple - (any variety)
    * Figs - (any variety)
    * Grains, Ornamental - (any variety)
    * Grapes - any named
    * Hazelnut Shrub/Tree (or any edible nut shrub/tree that comes true from seed)
    * Kale - Redbor
    * Lettuce - Merlot
    * Miracle Berry / Miracle Fruit
    * Passion Fruit Vine - (I would like to grow any named varieties)
    * Saw Palmetto
    * Squash/Gourd/Pumpkin - (any uncommon varieties)
    * Tomato - Hawaiian Currant
    * Tomato - Ildi
    * Wonder Egg (tropical fruit plant)

Blessings,
    Angela

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

I will be getting my seeds ready tonight. I can't wait to get the address list to send out my seeds.

This was a wonderful idea and I hope everyone gets the seeds they want the most.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and happy new year... Early of course

Tammy

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Ok Kym! Here I am! :)

This does look like fun and I can fill a few wishes!
    Ok here is my "Top 20",it took me a little while to go through my list and choose those I wanted the most,but this is what I broke it down to:

Grasses:

Dwarf Rush,Flying Hedgehogs

Flowers:

Campanula versicolor

Coleus,Pineapple

Barrenwort-Epimedium x rubrum

Carlina acanthifolia

Dierama pulchellum 'Blackbird

Euphorbia, Large Mediterranean/Frog Spawn Bush

Euphorbia, Wood Spurge-Euphorbia amygdoloides var.robbia

Foxglove,Giraffe

Foxtail Lily,any

Geum triflorum, Prairie Smoke

Heather,any and all!

Mallow,Barnsley Baby

Penestemon,Sour Grapes

Penestemon, Raven,Blackbird,Midnight(any black,even noid)

Pitcher Plants, any hardy to zone 5

Primula wilsonii var. anisodora,especially black

Trifolium rubens or repens

Verbascum,any listed on my want list

Witch Hazel

I do have more on my page of course. I am looking forward to bringing a little cheer here and there! :)

Happy Holidays! :)
    ~Angie

Here is a link that might be useful: My Wish List

• greenbug
    15 years ago

Hi,
    I just ventured into gardening this year and had a lot of disappointment coming my way on account of deer eating up my impatiens,calendula, tomatoes, beans. So looking to grow a garden with some deer resistant plants.

Here is my wish list:

1. Peony bulbs/rooted cuttings.
    2. Rose rooted cuttings.
    3. Dinner plate Dahlia seeds/tubers.
    4. Zinnias - all different kinds, preferably double.
    5. Azalea rooted cuttings.
    6. Rhodendron rooted cuttings.
    7. Gaillardia seeds - any kind/variety.
    8. Deer repellant spray.
    9. Hydrangea seeds/rooted cuttings.
    10.Heirloom Tomato seeds - German and or any big red salad tomato.

1. Mint plant.
    2. Planting pots,jiffy peat pots, jiffy peat pellets, peat germination trays, domes etc.
    3. Daylilies.
    4. Daffodils.
    5. Begonias - any.
    6. Marigold - double preferably.
    7. Any other deer resistant flowering hardy perennials for Zone6.
    8. Heirloom Okra seeds.
    9. Heirloom watermelon seeds.
    10. Heirloom hot chillies.
      Thank you for all the generosity!!
  • flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Soonergrandmom is the 100th person to JOIN !!!! ( Ill be sending you a surprise, whooo hoooo !!)

Ok, we have hit our maximum posts on this thread, so please go to Secret Santa Post #2...to post your wish list.

PLEASE, EMAIL ME A LIST OF WHOM YOU ARE MAILING TO ...AFTER SIGN UPS ARE OVER...ON NOV 24TH. ( please dont add my name to the list..so I can be surprised too...Ill have my address on the list)

Thanks to ALL of you, for making this such fun...and a wonderful Holiday season !!

There are some very generous people on this site...Looking forward to hearing what everyone receives !!

HO HO HO

Kym

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

I just went through that LONG list. I found 15 lucky people that I can meet at least half of their list... I won't tell who, but it might be you... :-)