SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cassiet_gw

UPDATE: Cassie's Oct Check-In on Secret Swap

cassiet
18 years ago

Here is the posting for this month. I will be gone for several more days however just on today to try to catch up.

Cassie

Comments (47)

• mellen
    18 years ago

Thank you pal for the wonderful box of gifts that you sent. The sunflower flag you sent is great!!! Along with the seeds. I also especially like the bracelet. I have already worn it twice to work this week and received many compliments. You are the best!!! Mellen/Mary Ellen

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

I received a wonderful package from my pal today. Yesterday actually, since itÂs after midnight. :).

She sent me several packages of seeds. those will be great for winter sowing.

Several packages of bulbs. She really picked great varieties. :).

BurtÂs Bees hand salve, which I will put to good use after all my fall gardening chores.

Pretty note cards & envelopes. I love the message on those.

The cutest candle pin. IÂve never seen anything like that!

A big pile of gardening magazines. I love when you share those with me.

A couple of books. One is full of ideas for garden projects. I plan to try several once it gets too cold to garden. The other is a fantastic Gardener's Journal. I like the combination of the journal with all the helpful information & tips included.

Last but not least, a wonderful note. Your blue & yellow garden sounds beautiful. If itÂs anything like your white garden I know it will be fantastic. Siberian squill & plumbago are two of my favorite blues. I do have to over winter the plumbago in my garage though. At least I think I do. IÂve never tried planting it out, I grow it in containers.

Thanks for the compliment about the other posts. You have been a wonderful pal to me this year. I appreciate you so much.

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Kathy547's Secret Pal Swap.....June check-in!!!!

Q

Comments (46)
    My secret pal sent a lovely surprise box again. A nice card with a short note. A very cute cat planter holder that wiggles, or I don't know what to call it, it is not a cat pot holder. It is a wire cat that wiggles that holds a 6 inch clay flower pot, included. I will have fun filling that pot! There is personalized stationery to use with my old people I write to. Gotta be careful there, I am in that bracket! A cute book on cats, questions and answers about cats. A real nice pair of garden gloves, which will come in handy. Mine have holes in the thumbs. Why do we just hang onto the old and not replace them? Then a super nice can of nice smelling garden soaps. No plants, which was super fine, we went to Ore. & I stopped at a few nurseries, and got plants for 50% off, and for over a week, have been working on getting them into the flower beds. I am taking pictures to send her eventually. I enjoy my secret pal, and it gives us a break in our routine. Now I have another great cat book to read! Thank you so much for all you send. P.S. we have sort of adopted a stray cat a mo. ago, and sure makes me long for a new one again. This one is outside, and always in fights, a unneutered male. Last week, he got part of his ear removed and his face all gouged up, fighting with a racoon. Have a good month secret pal!
    ...See More

UPDATE: Cassie's June Check in for 2005 Swap

Q

Comments (53)
    Hello Everybody! Granny your dog is sooo cute! Love everybody's pictures! I got package today from my Secret Pal, and everything was so wonderful! I loved it all! My Secret Pal made me the most beautiful garden wreath I've ever seen! I Love it! The wreath is green hose, with beautiful flowers, a garden glove & shovel attached...it is awesome! Looks beautiful hanging on my front deck.. I also got a small wicker basket with Summer bouquet of silk flowers in it, it's adorable. And, the neatest sunhat I've ever seen. It's in a littl pouch, you take it out and it pops open, it's so cool! I also got two jars of jam a strawberry & a Peach, I'll smack my lips for everybody..lol And, she sent me four cute, soft, teddy bears.. Once for each of my Grandchildern, she even put each of their names on the tags.. My Secret Pal is sooo Sweet! Big..Big.. Hugs! Secret Pal, here are the answers to the questions you ask me in letter. Yes, I have a small veggie garden. I love zucchini, I love all veggies. My kitchen table is oval, seats six. My kitchen is color is melon, color of cantalope. I love casual jewlery, and too always lean towards "small and refined".. Hope this helps, Thanks again ever so much! I loved Everything, a very special package as always! Big Hugs! Debi
    ...See More

UPDATE: Cassie's July Check-In for 2005 Swap

Q

Comments (60)
    Thank you everyone for the kind messages. I'm not so upset at not receiving things, its the fact that I was passed over. I read all the neat messages about the special effort that the secret pals in this robin are going to for each other and the extra thought put into each package and then mine hadn't even bothered to send a note. I just got feeling kind left out. Also mad that someone would be receiving from their secret pal and not bothering to follow thru on the other end. All these nice words have made me feel much better. Debbie I will say that I enjoy getting my packages ready each month (and I hope that I put the special care into them that all the others are doing) I have my August package ready to send. I appreciate you comments but really I do enjoy getting surprises ready for someone else. (Your "guesses" were very amusing and accurate! LOL)
    ...See More

UPDATE: Cassie's August Check-In for 2005 Swap

Q

Comments (69)
    Rainbow-- Thanks for the compliment. I'm really proud of how these beds turned out, especially in light of the fact that they were A LOT of work. The ground was so hard and compacted when I started that I had to use a grub hoe to break it up...my tiller wasn't doing much more than skipping around on top of the ground--and that was AFTER I'd been watering the beds daily for about 2 weeks prior to starting on them. The towers at the end are rose trellises. I have "Buff Beauty" climbing roses planted at the bottom of them, although you can't see them real well in the pics...the plan is for the roses to grow up and cover the towers. Well, that's the plan, anyway *grin*... Best, Cheryl
    ...See More
  • dsterzik
    18 years ago

Hello Everybody! Stopped in to say, I hope everybody has a "Super" night! Hugs all!
    Debi

• tensastottie
    18 years ago

Hello pal,
    I just wanted to let you know thaks for everything you have sent i have recieved 2 boxes of wonderful things and a lovely card also this month. i thought i had posted about the 1st box but i guess i didn't. We have had alot of computer trouble since the 2 storms. i lost alot of stuff in katrina as far as on my computer is there any way i can get my pals info so can start sending her gifts again.?
    jamie

• cassiet
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Although there are a few dedicated people who are both sending and receiving, I have several people who are not getting but who are sending and several who are getting but not sending. I have sent many messages about this with no response and some who say they are sending. I have been gone a lot this past month here and not with my job. I will follow through for this month and then will have to end this swap with this month. The reason being that I will again be here and not this month and cannot adequately keep up the responsibility of seeing who is getting and who is not.
    Many are disappointed and I understand. To those who have not received, I will be sending you an email with some information and who your pal was. I will get each of you a package out by the end of the month although it will not make up for the last months or this month of not receiving it will be a package with some gifts in it that I hope you will enjoy.

Cassie

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Cassie,
    I'm sorry to read that this swap will come to a early end. I do understand your frustration with trying to keep it running smoothly.

I'm especially sorry for those who have been disappointed when their pals ignored them.

Can you post a list showing who all the pals were in this swap? Maybe at the end of the month, when this swap is over.
    It's always fun to discover who all the pals were after the swap ends. I'm not asking who was a bad or good pal, just a list of who was whom's.

Thanks!

• grannymarsh
    18 years ago

Well, poopie. I was having fun sending (and receiving LOL). Now what am I gonna do with all the good stuff that I've been stock piling for my SP?? Oh well, there's always the next time. I can understand your frustration at the lack of 'cooperation' and feel bad for those on the short end of the stick.
    I, too, would like to know who was who. I have a Super Dooper Pal-both ways.!!

• indyjoy
    18 years ago

This is the post that I had written to post here before I signed on to see that Cassie is ending the exchange early.

I am very sad to say that I have contacted Cassie and my buddy by email to inform then that I must drop out of this swap. I joined in June to replace someone that had dropped out. The first package I was to send was July. I have sent packages for July, Aug. and Sept. that I put a lot of thought into and enjoyed putting together. From the post on this site, IÂm sure that my buddy enjoyed them.
    It is now October and I have yet to receive one single thing. Cassie tells me that my buddy has informed her that they have been sending them. Maybe they are sending to the wrong person? As much as I have enjoyed putting the packages together and reading my buddies post when they receive them, I must drop out. I joined this swap to not only be a secret buddy but to enjoy the fun of the surprises. I donÂt understand why someone would join a swap and not follow thru on their side. Beyond that, for them to lie to Cassie month after month is just beyond me.

I will send one last package to my buddy to finish out the swap.
    Happy Gardening, I hope our paths will cross again in GW.
    Joy)

• dsterzik
    18 years ago

Awwww I'm very dissapointed..I have enjoyed this swap so much! I feel I have made great gardening friends here..and I will miss you all very much! I went shopping today, got part of my Secret Pals gift, hope to finish shopping by this week-end. Will be sending out my package next week.. Cassie I think you have done a all around "Super" job here! And I will miss you all! Will post when my package go out..Hugs to all!
    Debi

• the_loam_ranger
    18 years ago

Well, I'm bummed, too...I was having fun both sending AND receiving. Each month it was a treat to get something in the mail that wasn't a bill, and each month it was equally as fun coming up with a new surprise for someone else. It's just too bad that there are some who can't play by the rules. I would think that, should somebody find that they are unable--for whatever reason--to reciprocate the gifts they receive by sending another out, that person would at least do the courtesy of letting the host know, so that the SP not receiving packages could be promptly matched up with a different person. Oh well, you know who you are, I suppose...

Anyway...I'm working on getting the suprise package together to send to my SP, and should have it out by the end of this week, or the first of next week. Will post when it actually goes out.

Best to all,
    Cheryl

• pins2006
    18 years ago

I haven't received anything at all, either. I will admit that I haven't sent out my Sept box, but that and the October one will go out this weekend. I'm bummed, too.

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

My package was sent last week.

• the_loam_ranger
    18 years ago

Hi, Y'all--

Just a note to let y'all know that I sent my package out to my SP today...

Best to all,
    Cheryl

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Now that this swap is coming to a close, I want to thank my pal once again.

Pal,
    You have made this year so much more enjoyable for me. It was such fun opening your box & reading your notes each month. The time & thought you put into each package was obvious. I appreciated each & every one more than you will ever know.

Your generosity & thoughtfulness will be remembered long after this swap ends. I thank you from my the bottom of my grateful heart. :)

• dsterzik
    18 years ago

I got a package from Secret Pal yesterday..As always it was astounding! ;-) I loved everything!!! She is sooo talented at crafting! She sent me three plants, Coreopsis..Look very heathly! ;-) A jar of her homemade Grape Jelly..YUM! The most "Beautiful" Fan, she made from feathers, from her birds! It's totally awesome! Which I need even now, takes care of those "Hotflashes" ;-) (Ummm
    Secret Pal, when we know who everybody is for sure..I think I figured out who you are, Could I order some of those fans for Christmas presents? I will pay you.. ;-)
    And, she sent me the most "Beautiful" handcrafted windchimes..It has a owl sitting on driftwood, it's awesome! I have that hanging in my living room. And, she sent me a fall bouquet of flowers, to go with the Spring & Summer bouquets she sent in earlier packages..I'm going to miss hearing from you too Secret Pal, I LOVE your letters..Hugs, for everything, I LOVE IT ALL!
    Debi

• RainbowLake
    18 years ago

Secret Pal (although it is not much of a secret) I had planned to be in this robin until December when it first started, and I have actually picked up stuff with you in mind so I am planning to finish out the year. Be looking for more surprises! I muchly appreciate your thanks. I have enjoyed being in this robin with you. Maybe we can stay in touch after it is all over.

I am afraid that I was let down on the other end. My first secret pal stopped sending in April, and despite several e mails from Cassie that packages had already been sent or were on the way, I only received one and I think that was from Cassie herself. Cassie, thank you for making up for a secret pals thoughtlessness. I hope whatever the situation is that things get better for you.

I also wanted to give my sincere thanks to the two other members who went above and beyond and sent me make up packages. Granny Marsh and Debi, I know that it was the two of you who sent me such wonderful packages. I am thoroughly delighted with the things you sent and along with that I am also delighted that you gave so much trouble and thought to me. You are very nice people and I would love to be in a robin with you anytime.

Indy Joy, I am sorry that you had such a bad experience with our robin. It does seem like there could be a way to safe guard against freeloaders. I have been reading the traveling daylilys robin and they seem to have come up with a pretty good method. Maybe after some thought, I will come up with a robin like it if there is anyone interested.
    I'll have to spend some time researching it.

Wishing you all a good winter of planning and a wonderful spring of gardening.

Karen

• grannymarsh
    18 years ago

Debi: Those are NOT hot flashes, they are Power Surges !!!

You go girl.

You're welcome Karen. It was a pleasure.

• dsterzik
    18 years ago

LOL Grannymarsh...That's too cute! I have too remember that one! Love it!
    My package is going out to my Secret Pal tomorrow or Weds. Sorry I've been sick, but it's almost ready to fly..Will post when in the mail. Have a "Super" night all..
    Hugs,
    Debi

• grannymarsh
    18 years ago

Debi: Wish I could take credit for the power surge thing. I heard Tina Turner say it once and thought it was appropriate and clever. and it gets laughs !!

• cassiet
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I am home now and trying to catch up. I will get back with everyone in the next couple of days. Karen I too am sorry that you have been disappointed. I only wish it had been better for you. Indy has told me her pal never sent. Her pal says yes and I had one person who was always shopping for their pal never to SEND the items they were having so much fun shopping for. As you know we cannot say negative things about others on here so I will not. However I will follow through on my end to ensure that those who have not received get their final packages because I want you to know someone was thinking of you.

As in all things people don't always do what they say.... some good people and some bad. I think we find this out daily. I try to find the good as much as I can. Thanks to my faithful few who have always sent... It's people like you who make all the heartaches and troubles worth it.

Cassie

• mellen
    18 years ago

Cassie, I know that Indyjoy has had my name. We have been in contact. I have already told her that I will be sending her a package. I will be sending yet this week. Mellen/Mary Ellen

• dsterzik
    18 years ago

Hello Everybody!
    Just wanted to let you know my package is going out in the morning mail..Heads up Secret Pal. Hope everybody has a "Super" night!
    Hugs all,
    Debi

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Karen,
    You said:
    I had planned to be in this robin until December when it first started, and I have actually picked up stuff with you in mind so I am planning to finish out the year.

While I appreciate the thought, I really hope you donÂt feel obligated to do that.

I know that is what you signed up to do. You also signed up to receive until the end of the year & we all know that hasnÂt happened. I feel so bad that you were left out & let down so many times. I wish I had been able to make up all those months for you. Or even one of them. However I only budgeted for two swaps per month. Budgets suck! LOL

If you do decide to host a swap, I'd love to join in. I always send a box & post when I receive one.

Speaking of posting when receiving, my pal hasn't posted she got her box yet. My DC# shows it was delivered two weeks ago. I hope she is o.k.

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

I received a halloween treat bag in the mail today, along with the cutest card. Loved that card!

Chocolate & tea, two of my favorite things. :)
    Also some beautiful spring bulbs to plant, which I did this afternoon.

Thanks pal for the wonderful surprise.

• the_loam_ranger
    18 years ago

Hi, Y'all--

Received my (as always) wonderful package from my Pal, which included:

**Halloween plates, napkins, and straws
    **Trick-or-Treat bag (which Meems will be using tonight)
    **Paper "Kid Cups" (the kind that the attached lid folds down)
    **Candy necklace (Meems says Thanks, SP; hardly got it out of the box before she claimed it *grin*)
    **Garden Flag (h-m-m, now where to put it....)
    **Scented Candle (however, I've caught my first cold of the season and can't for the world tell what scent *sigh*)
    **Too-Cute Wooden Birdhouse (Hey, Pal--I've decided to start a Birdhouse Collection, and, in the future, when folks ask me about how my collection began, I'll tell them that it was originally started by my special Secret Pal)
    **"Cotton Blossom" shower gel and body cream (my all-time, absolute, most favorite scent!!!)

This was definitely a box full of nice surprises, and--without a doubt--a real Halloween "Treat". Thanks a million, Pal!

Best to all,
    Cheryl

P.S. I'd love it if you would e-mail me that list you spoke about in your letter *grin*......

• mellen
    18 years ago

Cassie, I have a box going to Indyjoy today. Mellen

• grannymarsh
    18 years ago

My SP package was delivered today and as usual, Snickers got her treats. Thanks Debi!! Debi sent 2 cute little water globes, an Autumn hand towel, a Thanksgiving tea towel, chocolate (naturally they're already opened...), A Christmas dog figurine with a wreath hanging from his sweet mouth. A miniature rose lapel pin. AND the very best of all, a personal note with her photo printed on it. It is great to put a face to a name. So, when I see future posts from you, I'll see your smiling face.

Loam Ranger, glad you like the 'Cotton Blossom". I took note waaaaay back in May when you said that it was your favorite scent. Don't be saving it, use it! ! ! My grands love those candy necklaces, the first time I gave them out, we had to convince them that they were edible. They gobble them down now.

• dsterzik
    18 years ago

Good Evening Everybody! Hope Everybody had a "Super" Day!
    As, you can all see, I don't want to let go of all my friends here yet ... Hugs to all!
    Debi

• dsterzik
    18 years ago

Well, Did everybody get their packages? Did anybody tell who their Secret Pal was? Hmmmmmmm don't think we finished this right. My Secret Pal was Grannymarsh, I loved every month of the swap. Tommorrow, Novenber 8 is my Birthday! ;-) Hope you are not all gone here..And, we get to find out for sure who our Secre Pals were. I have an idea, but not got a conformation. Hugs to all.
    Debi

• grannymarsh
    18 years ago

Debi sent to me; GrannyMarsha
    I sent to the Loam Ranger aka Cheryl
    Loam Ranger sent to ???? (my guess is dsterzik) ???

• RainbowLake
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Debi, Hope you have a great day today and a great year ahead.

I think the cat has already been let out of the bag but I sent to Debbie SW OK. I had a great time getting stuff together and actually still have a package to send out. It just seems wrong to stop before Christmas. I have my guesses as to who was supposed to send to me but will keep it to myself.

Other than that, this has been a very nice group in our robin and I hate to see everyone go their separate ways.
    I have enjoyed all the pictures and posts.

Hope all of you have a wonderful gardening time ahead

Karen

• dsterzik
    18 years ago

Thank You so much Karen! Having a Great Day! Ran in here a minute to say Hi.. Hope everybody has a Super evening!
    Hugs to all,
    Debi

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Rainbow,
    When I let the cat out of the bag about you being my secret pal it was one of those times when I wished there was an edit button here. I realized my goof about a minute after it was posted. OOPS!

You have been a wonderful pal to me this year. :)

The pal I sent to was MarilyninNC. I enjoyed shopping for her this year. This was my first swap & I was at a loss some months to find things from her list of likes. So I sent things I liked those times & she seemed pleased with my choices. However she hasn't posted yet that she received last month's gifts so maybe not. LOL

Like Rainbow, I've enjoyed being in this group & hate to see everyone go their separate ways. It was fun coming here to read the different things received by everyone. I was able to borrow some of those ideas for the other swap I'm in.

I enjoyed the pictures & garden plans that were shared. Most of all I enjoyed "meeting" all of you. I hope some of us meet up on another swap sometime. I hope the rest feel guilty everytime they look at or use items they received while they failed to send.

Happy Birthday Debi! I hope you had a great day.

• grannymarsh
    18 years ago

Dsterzik sent to GrannyMarsh
    GrannyMarsh sent to the Loam Ranger aka Cheryl

RainbowLake sent to Debbie SW OK
    Debbie SW OK sent to MarilyninNC

Help me !!!

• RainbowLake
    18 years ago

Well Marsha,
    I do remember Mellen saying that Indy Joy sent to her in an earlier post so I guess that is one more that we know

• mellen
    18 years ago

Yes, IndyJoy did have my name for this swap. I had Tensastottie's name. I don't know if she knows it or not. She will if she reads this, though. Mellen

• grannymarsh
    18 years ago

Dsterzik sent to GrannyMarsh
    GrannyMarsh sent to the Loam Ranger aka Cheryl
    RainbowLake sent to Debbie SW OK
    Debbie SW OK sent to MarilyninNC
    MarilynNC sent to ??

?? sent to IndyJoy
    IndyJoy sent to Mellen
    Mellon sent to Tensatottie
    Tensatottie sent to ??

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

I received a wonderful surprise from my pal today.

She sent me the most beautiful daily devotional journal titled "Count Your Blessings". It has matching stationary & notecards with it, all tied up in ribbon.. I love it.
    A great gardening book. It's full of problem solvers which I need.
    The cutest little angel snowglobe. I adore it.
    Bath salts, something I use daily so this was a welcome treat.
    Some yummy apple butter & candy.
    An assortment of magazines. I spent an enjoyable afternoon on the patio reading them.

Rainbow/Karen,
    Thank you so much for the wonderful package. As always your kindness is much appreciated.

Like you I find this weather amazing. I can't believe it's been so warm lately. However I'm sure we won't have too many of these nice days left.

While thumbing through the devotional journal, this quote jumped out at me:

"If you had a million dollars for every unseen blessing in your life, you'd be a millionaire many times over."

It's been a rough week & I was feeling sorry for myself. That quote was exactly what I needed to get over myself & remember the good things I do have in my life. One of which is a wonderful pal. Thank you! :)

• the_loam_ranger
    18 years ago

Hi, Y'all--

Whew!! What a week! Sorry I haven't been posting in the last few days, but my sister has been visiting from North Carolina since last Monday (11-7). She only gets out here to Texas about once a year, so when she's here, naturally every last minute of my time gets used up. Even though we've become "scatterlings" in adulthood, my siblings (2 little sisters, 1 "little" brother) and I are still very close, and although we all talk frequently on the phone, it's just not the same as actual visits. Anyway, Cathe's flying back home to the Asheville area this morning, and I'm now trying to catch up on this computer (I have 334 messages--mostly "junk" I suspect--in my Inbox!!!!!).

Well, Marsha, to confirm your suspicions, yes, I was/am sending to Debi, and I've been pretty sure for the last couple of months that you were the one sending to me.

And, Debi, you'll be receiving a private e-mail from me.

I've been taking pics of most of the things I sent to Debi, and here are a few of the items:

For April, a gardener's apron--
    {{gwi:1304551}}

In May, I sent Debi some hand-tatted doilies and 3 sachets that had tatted "medallions" on the front (sorry...didn't take pics of those).

June was a "garden hose" wreath, along with her "Summer" mini-bouquet (I've been sending seasonal mini-bouquets, one for "Spring", "Summer", "Fall" and yet-to-come "Winter", all year)--
    {{gwi:1304552}}

July was a table runner and matching placemats, (sorta) hand-painted to match the color of Debi's kitchen--
    {{gwi:1304553}}

And for August, an arrangement of paper flowers made out of the brown paper from chicken feed bags--
    {{gwi:1304554}}

I got in too big of a hurry in September, and didn't get pics of those items, either, but I'll try to remember before I send her October gift, and post those pics if anyone is interested...

Well, I guess I need to close this and try to muddle through all those messages in my Inbox that await my attention.

Best regards to all, this has been WAY too much fun!!
    Cheryl

• the_loam_ranger
    18 years ago

Y'all feel free to "steal" my ideas if you want, and if you need the details of how an item was made, don't hesitate to send me an e-mail....

Best,
    Cheryl

• RainbowLake
    18 years ago

Cheryl,
    You do fantastic work. Debi was very lucky to get you as a secret pal. Those items are just beautiful.

Karen

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Cheryl,
    I love the things you made. That apron is really cute.

Still haven't seen Marilyn post. I hope she is o.k.

• grannymarsh
    18 years ago

Debi really received some lovely handcrafted items. Way to go Cheryl !!(Cheryl should have been so lucky.....instead she had me LOL))
    Thanks for sharing the photos.
    Marsha

• the_loam_ranger
    18 years ago

Thanks for the compliments on my work, Y'all--

And now that I've made those particular items, I'll have a better time-frame for completion in the future, so I won't always be so D*MN late in getting them out each month *exasperated grin*!!

And, Marsha, FYI, you sent me wonderful gifts! Hey, you got me started with my new Birdhouse Collection! Furthermore, the fact that you SENT gifts in the first place shows your thoughtfulness..................

Best,
    Cheryl

• RainbowLake
    18 years ago

This is to some of you who have been so faithful about sending to their pals..... The garden exchange ring is taking new people in. I have asked to be included and I sure would like to see Debbie, Marsha, and Debi in there too. I believe that Mary Ellen and Cheryl will be in there too. Anyway, just a heads up, I think that there is still space available. It looks like they have a little sticter rules so some of the problems in our robin will be avoided.

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Karen,
    I've been watching the sign ups over there. I'm still debating if I want to join. I would really like to but the mail by the 15th deadline has me worried. Some months when the RA is bad I can't shop & get to the post office when I want to, I have to do it when I can.
    I usually do mail at the first of the month, but a few times I had to wait until later. I've always mailed so it arrives before the end of the month. Just not sure if I can make it the 15th every time. I understand why they are doing it & it sounds like a good thing. There shouldn't be anyone left out month after month that way.

• RainbowLake
    18 years ago

Debbie, I hope you decide to join. I would like to be in another robin with you.

If anyone would like a real treat, go to the Garden Photo Gallery on this web site and look at the pictures posted by Swamp Rose. I think it says something like I just finished my summer picture... anyway something like that. Boy, she has a Beautiful garden and wonderful pictures of it. It is well worth a look.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT THANKSGIVING